Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

  1. #1

    UL Basketball 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    UL's support of coach through wife's illness was life lesson for team




  2. #2
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    This was at the bottom of the page Sunday night. I'll bet most of you didn't even bother to click the link.

    Read it. Then go back to whatever you were complaining about.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,957
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Basketball Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Read it. Then go back to whatever you were complaining about.
    Hard to complain after reading that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    saw this when it first came out. Makes you take a step back and be appreciative


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    I saw it. I clicked on it. I read it and was touched once again by this story. And i didn't even need you to tell me to do so. IMO, BOP you can at times be a righteous you know what.

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    This was at the bottom of the page Sunday night. I'll bet most of you didn't even bother to click the link.

    Read it. Then go back to whatever you were complaining about.

  6. #6
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I saw it. I clicked on it. I read it and was touched once again by this story. And i didn't even need you to tell me to do so. IMO, BOP you can at times be a righteous you know what.
    If that's how you feel so be it. This was for the majority of the complainers here that didn't bother to give it a click because they were too busy complaining. Hell, I complain, too.

    But, like you, I clicked it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    BOP.. I clicked too when I first saw it. I have been one of Scott Farmers biggest critics on here and every where frankly. But the fact he stood by the man during a terrible time speaks volumes. I think mahtoo was simple saying we all read it (mostly) but being the involved caring fans we are on this board, I can see how someone would see US as complainers when the fact is, were just compassionate FANS . This board enables guys like us to be happy, cry, and just speak about whats right or wrong with our beloved UL. That being said, i'm gonna have to self impose a S Farmer hear no evil see no evil attitude for a while because I can appreciate what a boss does for an employee when the employee is watching the love of his life slowly die. God Bless Coach Broadhead....


  8. #8
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    BOP.. I clicked too when I first saw it. I have been one of Scott Farmers biggest critics on here and every where frankly. But the fact he stood by the man during a terrible time speaks volumes. I think mahtoo was simple saying we all read it (mostly) but being the involved caring fans we are on this board, I can see how someone would see US as complainers when the fact is, were just compassionate FANS . This board enables guys like us to be happy, cry, and just speak about whats right or wrong with our beloved UL. That being said, i'm gonna have to self impose a S Farmer hear no evil see no evil attitude for a while because I can appreciate what a boss does for an employee when the employee is watching the love of his life slowly die. God Bless Coach Broadhead....
    Angel, you're correct. On everything you said. I was very disappointed not a single person had taken the time to comment on this, yet everyone has something to say when it comes to being negative.

    I'm really not surprised by Scott's handling of the situation. He's been here long enough to know, at the end of the day, we are family. And, he treats his coaches as such...despite what some may tell you.

  9. #9
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    Jay, I didn't see the article till you pointed it out.....I put a resume of Farmer up one time for his ever applying for another job.....academics, championships, coaches of the year, attendance, etc.....this will not be in that part of it but something I had no idea about.....please let this rest for a day without negative comments!!!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    This was at the bottom of the page Sunday night. I'll bet most of you didn't even bother to click the link.

    Read it. Then go back to whatever you were complaining about.
    Complaining about other people complaining...

    I shouldn't be surprised that you would lurk in the shadows of this board, getting most of the topics for your show everyday here, then use a situation like this to attack the fanbase. I shouldn't be surprised but somehow I keep hoping that you, "The voice of OUR ragin Cajuns", are becoming less of an A-hole as you age...then every now and then you make a post like this to confirm that I am hoping for a miracle.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,759

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    Life is short. Enjoy what you have while you have it. It will all be gone one day.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,957
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 'Garry needed to be around basketball'

    I intended to read it and I honestly forgot. My mistake was to open the thread and not follow the link when I first saw it.

    The "Nu2u" button would have kept reminding me if I had not already opened the thread on my phone.

    Meaning . . . thanks for the reminder.

    ps I do think complaint related addendums take away from the spirit of the article but now I am guilty in this thread as well.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •