_ _ _ _
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Results 241 to 248 of 248

Thread: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: UL Lafayette issues statement on NCAA allegations

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Vacating is done when an ineligible player competes.. One of the players in question participated in the 2011 games, hence the 2011 season vacated.
    were the names of the players ever released? would their future academic performance be a factor, i.e. if they graduated on time despite the questionable score, shows determination

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    were the names of the players ever released? would their future academic performance be a factor, i.e. if they graduated on time despite the questionable score, shows determination
    If Buckley reads this board, I doubt he will release any names after last week!

  3. #243
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,030

    UL Football Re: UL Lafayette issues statement on NCAA allegations

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    were the names of the players ever released? would their future academic performance be a factor, i.e. if they graduated on time despite the questionable score, shows determination
    Players being deemed ineligible as freshman can never be cleansed. They were not eligible at the time they played and we have acknowledged that. Those games are gone. They can be good for every year after that first year provided they meet all other university, and NCAA qualifications.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,921
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: UL Lafayette issues statement on NCAA allegations

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Players being deemed ineligible as freshman can never be cleansed. They were not eligible at the time they played and we have acknowledged that. Those games are gone. They can be good for every year after that first year provided they meet all other university, and NCAA qualifications.
    I'm a little slow on the uptake, I still don't grasp why a player was deemed ineligible.

  5. #245
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,030

    Default Re: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

    His qualifying tests were proven fraudulent. He admitted to being part of the scam. The coach refused to cooperate. This is the NCAA not criminal court, your refusal to cooperate can be inference of guilt.


  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,921
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    His qualifying tests were proven fraudulent. He admitted to being part of the scam. The coach refused to cooperate. This is the NCAA not criminal court, your refusal to cooperate can be inference of guilt.
    They were not "his" tests and acknowledging that you helped schedule, is not admission to scam.

    jmo

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,560

    Default Re: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

    I don't know if it's been stated or not in this thread, but does Ole Miss have a tit in the ringer with the NCAA over this mess?


  8. #248
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,030

    Default Re: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

    Not yet.


  9. #249
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,826

    Default Re: Intentional Grounding, The 2011 Rogue Coach NCAA Infractions

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Might make them a little more cautious in handling down punishment when no evidence exists. That's one of the big unresolved punishment issue. Bowls and scholarship reductions for payment when all we have is suspicion.
    If it were a Big 5 School with what exist as any shred of evidence would that too come punishment be the same? Would be nice if A + B = C across the board! Would be nicer if those people like donors and testing sites saw fines and small amount of community time /Jail time for breaking the rules as coaches lose jobs and should be fined as well, where evidence is found. Players, Universities, couches and programs that did NO wrong should not be penalized, if they did nothing wrong! Those that commit the wrong doing should be hit with loss of scholarships, fines, and community and/or Community/Jail time!

  10. #250
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    If it were a Big 5 School with what exist as any shred of evidence would that too come punishment be the same? Would be nice if A + B = C across the board! Would be nicer if those people like donors and testing sites saw fines and small amount of community time /Jail time for breaking the rules as coaches lose jobs and should be fined as well, where evidence is found. Players, Universities, couches and programs that did NO wrong should not be penalized, if they did nothing wrong! Those that commit the wrong doing should be hit with loss of scholarships, fines, and community and/or Community/Jail time!
    Shoulda, coulda. Wooda. The NCAA isn't ever giving up that stick. Your coach's actions unbeknownst to his bosses is still your coach.
    They're making sure you don't have that I didn't know excuse.

    As far as Ole Miss? We may have our well founded suspicions, but zero evidence to make such allegations.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •