Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: Take me out of the Sun Belt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Take me out of the Sun Belt
    Get us out of this league

    Fund raising attendance and coach retention

    Go for naught if we never get out

    For its root root root for recruiting
    If we can't use our name it's a shame

    For it's get out, out, please get us out
    Of the FCS II game.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Take me out of the Sun Belt
    Get us out of this league

    Fund raising attendance and coach retention

    Go for naught if we never get out

    For its root root root for recruiting
    If we can't use our name it's a shame

    For it's get out, out, please get us out
    Of the FCS II game.
    Thank god we are still in the suck belt. If not, we might not win a game. Wide open dropped passes better teams would have caught saved our ___ tonight.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Thank god we are still in the suck belt. If not, we might not win a game. Wide open dropped passes better teams would have caught saved our ___ tonight.
    You could also say dropped interceptions kept Texas state in the game!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Thank god we are still in the suck belt. If not, we might not win a game. Wide open dropped passes better teams would have caught saved our ___ tonight.
    I bet we'd beat North Texas. LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    speaking of name (not to hijack thread) if the announcer doesn't say it another Louisiana on our first downs I will lose my mind.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    You could also say dropped interceptions kept Texas state in the game!
    How many dropped interceptions in the first half?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Not sure Tracy walker had like 3 that I remember. Savion brown had one fall right to him and he dropped it. Trav Crawford could have had one if he looked for the ball


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Not sure Tracy walker had like 3 that I remember. Savion brown had one fall right to him and he dropped it. Trav Crawford could have had one if he looked for the ball
    There were way more dropped passes and overthrown balls by their offense. They played well in the 2nd half...but we were pretty lucky not to be down by 3 td's at halftime.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    There were way more dropped passes and overthrown balls by their offense. They played well in the 2nd half...but we were pretty lucky not to be down by 3 td's at halftime.
    Can't be serious

    And if so, explain why we should have been down 3 TD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,589

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Can't be serious

    And if so, explain why we should have been down 3 TD.
    Just like the Akron game...the QB was missing wide open receivers downfield and his receivers were dropping balls...with 10-15 yard cushions from the nearest receiver.

  11. #11
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,137

    UL Football Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    He's a gifted quarterback when it comes to running, and evasion. He is not too gifted when it comes to hitting wide open receivers. No doubt we will face much better passers who can also run well.

    We shall see a good quarterback in the next game. We shall see if we can compete then.


  12. #12
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,137

    Sunbelt Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Take me out of the Sun Belt
    Get us out of this league

    Fund raising attendance and coach retention

    Go for naught if we never get out

    For its root root root for recruiting
    If we can't use our name it's a shame

    For it's get out, out, please get us out
    Of the FCS II game.
    One Lamer fan is so upset that he suggested the Olive and Blue move to the SBC in order to be competitive. I second that motion, we do an even swap, UL for Tulane.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Just like the Akron game...the QB was missing wide open receivers downfield and his receivers were dropping balls...with 10-15 yard cushions from the nearest receiver.
    That happened a few times but many were bad throws bc of the pressure. Though we didn't get any sacks, we were able to apply pressure last night and that had a lot to do with his crap throws. You can critique our dominant win last night and spin it however you like to support your opinion, but the bottom line is we won and it was never really that close. Please tell me you can enjoy a victory.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    LT proved that a better conference makes a better team. Sure we need to get out of the belt but you had better be ready for a few tough years as we improve our players. I have predicted and continue to do so that App State and GA Southern are out of the belt before we leave. The quality of our league is reflected in the rise to the top of those two newcomers. No way they rise to the top of other conferences in their first couple of years. TV viewers and national interest are not in our favor and attendance seems to be peaking. Our best asset is that Cajun fans travel. Unfortunately that will not make us attractive to others when they can schedule a periodic football game without having to play our baseball, softball or basketball team in conference races.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    LT proved that a better conference makes a better team. Sure we need to get out of the belt but you had better be ready for a few tough years as we improve our players. I have predicted and continue to do so that App State and GA Southern are out of the belt before we leave. The quality of our league is reflected in the rise to the top of those two newcomers. No way they rise to the top of other conferences in their first couple of years. TV viewers and national interest are not in our favor and attendance seems to be peaking. Our best asset is that Cajun fans travel. Unfortunately that will not make us attractive to others when they can schedule a periodic football game without having to play our baseball, softball or basketball team in conference races.
    I understand there are no openings elsewhere (unless the Big XII gets tired of missing out on the postseason due to no league championship game ). But we are under a glass ceiling. I think the right leadership decisions + fundraising can make it happen.

  16. #16
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,604

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I understand there are no openings elsewhere (unless the Big XII gets tired of missing out on the postseason due to no league championship game ). But we are under a glass ceiling. I think the right leadership decisions + fundraising can make it happen.
    Cali,there is one positive in the conference situation. That is everyone involved with the university-administration,coaches,athletes, donors, fans etc. now know it is in our benefit to leave the league. In fact, many want it to happen as badly as you do. There is no longer any need to remind folks how important it is for us to improve our conference situation.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Take me out of the Sun Belt
    Get us out of this league

    Fund raising attendance and coach retention

    Go for naught if we never get out

    For its root root root for recruiting
    If we can't use our name it's a shame

    For it's get out, out, please get us out
    Of the FCS II game.
    I have been fortunate enough to talk with several people in the know and changing conferences has about zero to do with what we want and everything to do with what another conference wants. At all of the NCAA gatherings our people are talking about our University and trying to draw interest. All of the improvements will give us more to brag about and more to help sell us. Winning will get us noticed more, also. Football rules the world though. If we do not start making some actual noise there, all the basketball, softball and baseball post season stuff may never matter.
    In my opinion we have two problems. I think that we need to get incrementally better players and not spend so much time on what we hope will be superstars. We have signed a lot of players that we got because they were borderline academics and they never make it to campus. Two, I think we do not have a good X and O coaching staff. We have general that is lacking in quality Captains to carry out his war plan and tell him that what he wants, we do not have the ability to carry out.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    I should add that if we had a really rich supporter that wanted to make a huge payment to a conference to get in, then that would help. But, the conference that we want to be in would cost a good bit more than what it takes to get into Conference USA.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I understand there are no openings elsewhere (unless the Big XII gets tired of missing out on the postseason due to no league championship game ). But we are under a glass ceiling. I think the right leadership decisions + fundraising can make it happen.
    American Athletic Conference or Bust.....
    I'm with you brother

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Take me out of the Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    American Athletic Conference or Bust.....
    I'm with you brother
    Just about any Div 1 conference is better than the SunBelt and CUSA. If we're wishing for a conference that's a big step-up why not go to the Big 12? Tougher conference but, much better recruiting prospects. Also, less travel than the AAC. Plus, do you really want to play a crappy school like Tulane every year?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •