_ _ _ _

Thread: The offense I'd like to see

Blog Entries

UL Football The offense I'd like to see

Haack at QB, Nixon in Harris' role, McGuire in the same role he played the last couple of years.

With Nixon in the backfield, he can still play quarterback. I can picture him lining up deep in the backfield, getting the handoff, taking a step towards the line, the defense collapsing and Nixon hitting a wide open receiver cutting across the middle.

With Nixon and McGuire helping with blocking for Haack, I can really see the offense exploding.

A guy can dream.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The offense I'd like to see

We could only hope.

Agreed! Basically, 14 points the last two weeks (the other 14 came when games were already over). A change is definitely needed. 2 RB's, 2 TE's and run the ball. I don't care if it's a low scoring defensive battle, just wanna win. Gotta keep our D off the field and shorten the game somehow.

Neither QB has proven they are accurate downfield passers. All they complete are screens. Take the ball out of their hands and let the RB's and O line be aggressive!

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    Neither QB has proven they are accurate downfield passers. All they complete are screens. Take the ball out of their hands and let the RB's and O line be aggressive!
    Yep let the defense put 9 in the box... That should open up our run game

I would love an offensive not controlled by Jay Johnson

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    A) this OL can't run block. B) we don't have RBs to pound down anyone's throat. What you're seeing is ____ty coaching from tip to tail. There's no bandaid for Sunbelt recruited talent coupled with ____ty coaching. A) our coaches either know how to coach but spend too much time primping in the weight room mirror, or B) don't know how to coach.

Your "solution" is about as appropriate of a concocted cure as running trips right every down. It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Haack at QB, Nixon in Harris' role, McGuire in the same role he played the last couple of years.

With Nixon in the backfield, he can still play quarterback. I can picture him lining up deep in the backfield, getting the handoff, taking a step towards the line, the defense collapsing and Nixon hitting a wide open receiver cutting across the middle.

With Nixon and McGuire helping with blocking for Haack, I can really see the offense exploding.

A guy can dream.
    100 percent agree. !!!!!!

Jordan Davis give him a shot

The offense I'd like to see is one where our wide receivers run routes and catch and hold onto the football.

This offensive staff has not developed an effective QB yet going on 5 years. Our best QB was Blaine, who was already here, and he had way more accuracy than any person playing QB for UL since. This offense has become predictable and stale and under talented.

Nixon can't be a rb with that shoulder