Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RCAF Annual Fund Eclipses $2 Million For Second Consecutive Year

Default Re: RCAF Annual Fund Eclipses $2 Million For Second Consecutive Year

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil123 View Post
    Do you remember 1985!!
    Yeah, I graduated from UL in December of that year. Don't wish to ever see that economic bust ever again

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Sorry bout dat in a hurry

30 days has Sept April JUNE and Nov---all the rest have 31 except Feb with 4 and 24 and every leap year one day more!!!

Count your knuckles. May be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. Sadly, you tell the millinilials about the 80's...losing friends who just up and left to survive, people walking in banks tearfully handing the keys to their homes over to bankers they knew well, the drop in real estate where a 50% drop was not uncommon...and they look at you like you're making it up. Not all, but the vast majority think it's something made up and, well, won't get political...
    Well then count me in the tiny minority of millennials. Stories of the 80's downturn were the primary reasons I took a "no oilfield" approach when searching for jobs out of college and when choosing my major coming out of high school.

The large money draw in that industry is difficult to ignore for anyone, regardless of generation. I know just as many millennials who are feeling the hurt as I do late baby boomers and gen-Xers.

I agree, but there are a lot of unknown factors that could impact the price of oil, for example, once Obama signs deal with Iran, the Isralie's will not let them get a nuclear bomb, ( can't say I Blame them) thus there a good chance they will attack Iran, a war in the Middle East will bring oil to $200 a barrel. Additionally, while the Saudi's have a lot of money, they need $100 oil to support their social welfare in country. They are currently losing billions. Sooner are later they will do something.. Just my opinion
    We have had war in the Middle East for the past decade...yet oil has never peaked above $147 and that was due to rampant speculation from Wall Street and had nothing to do with supply or demand. The Saudi's will be fine for the long haul. The rubber hasn't met the road yet. We should be seeing the effects of all the oil hedging to finally roll off...unless they were smart and pushed out future contracts for the short period oil peaked around $60 bbl earlier this year. Don't sit here and wait on the Saudi's to swerve first...you are going to lose that game of chicken.

---Tell you what really hurt back then was rental real estate

Especially for the the ones counting on the rent to coverage their note on the loan!!!

Which is why you don't leverage yourself to the hilt on rental real estate. 50% max.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    We have had war in the Middle East for the past decade...yet oil has never peaked above $147 and that was due to rampant speculation from Wall Street and had nothing to do with supply or demand. The Saudi's will be fine for the long haul. The rubber hasn't met the road yet. We should be seeing the effects of all the oil hedging to finally roll off...unless they were smart and pushed out future contracts for the short period oil peaked around $60 bbl earlier this year. Don't sit here and wait on the Saudi's to swerve first...you are going to lose that game of chicken.
    Not only is an oil production glut driving the price down, but there's oil price collusion to limit ISIS, Russia and Iran from raising huge capital for their ugly intentions. The Saudis say we'll never see oil above $60/bbl ever again. It's global politics. But as for war, we have not had war that created oil production shortages. To the contrary, the wars right now are creating the over production. There will be war in the oil production regions that will disrupt supply and drive up prices. I think that war/wars is less than 2 years out. Until and unless that war happens, there could be a very long period of $30 to $40 oil.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Count your knuckles. May be easier.
    ---More fun to make it Rhyme, but watch those typos every time!!!

I doubt if the Israeli's are going to wait two years for Iran to get a nuclear bomb,

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Not only is an oil production glut driving the price down, but there's oil price collusion to limit ISIS, Russia and Iran from raising huge capital for their ugly intentions. The Saudis say we'll never see oil above $60/bbl ever again. It's global politics. But as for war, we have not had war that created oil production shortages. To the contrary, the wars right now are creating the over production. There will be war in the oil production regions that will disrupt supply and drive up prices. I think that war/wars is less than 2 years out. Until and unless that war happens, there could be a very long period of $30 to $40 oil.
    I could see it being a top level conspiracy to dry out those countries money wise to leave them limping to the finish line, so to speak. Makes sense. As for the Saudis saying oil will never be above $60 bbl again...I think a lot of that is rhetoric. They want their market share to remain intact...and being the big bad bully on the block the only way to keep it is to take the little guy and choke him out. I don't think scare tactics is below OPEC's standards.

I don't see the wars causing the supply glut. Shale drillers created the supply glut, and the Saudis exacerbated it by opening their spigots a bit more. Couple that all with China coming out and telling the world..."sorry we honestly don't need all this oil...sorry you guys worked so hard for nothing"...and you get a supply glut that won't end until someone hits rock bottom.

A war that would disrupt oil production...unless the war comes to Saudi Arabia there won't be a meaningful disruption enough to matter to the current over supply. That won't stop Wall Street from seeing an opportunity and making hay while the sun shines. Worst case scenario we peak at $100 bbl and the rush to produce under that price will drive the price back down in the doldrums.

I think this is spot on. I also think this long period of 30-40 oil, while painful, will create a lean and efficient industry in America. Once the high prices, shortages return (and they always do) we will be poised to dominate. The shale genie is out of the bottle, the technology is there now. The Saudi's are using there leverage while they have it to play these political games. I think market share is a part of it and a bonus, but limiting Iran, Russia, and ISIS is the strategic purpose.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I think this is spot on. I also think this long period of 30-40 oil, while painful, will create a lean and efficient industry in America. Once the high prices, shortages return (and they always do) we will be poised to dominate. The shale genie is out of the bottle, the technology is there now. The Saudi's are using there leverage while they have it to play these political games. I think market share is a part of it and a bonus, but limiting Iran, Russia, and ISIS is the strategic purpose.
    ---Wait --where is Prussia? Where is the Soviet Union? and who in the hell is ISIS?? I have heard that in the Iran nuke deal that the US in now obligated to protecting Iran even from Israeli attack! has anybody heard this and can confirm???

---Wait --where is Prussia? Where is the Soviet Union? and who in the hell is ISIS?? I have heard that in the Iran nuke deal that the US in now obligated to protecting Iran even from Israeli attack! has anybody heard this and can confirm???
    I can answer one question. Prussia is the enclave of Russia that borders the Baltic Sea and borders Germany to the South and West and I want to say Lativa or Lithuania to the North.

Edit...I'm actually dead wrong...it's an exclave (since it isn't completely surrounded by other countries and just separate from Russia itself), and it's called the Kaliningrad Oblast. It actually borders Poland to the South and West and Lithuania to the North.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I could see it being a top level conspiracy to dry out those countries money wise to leave them limping to the finish line, so to speak. Makes sense. As for the Saudis saying oil will never be above $60 bbl again...I think a lot of that is rhetoric. They want their market share to remain intact...and being the big bad bully on the block the only way to keep it is to take the little guy and choke him out. I don't think scare tactics is below OPEC's standards.

I don't see the wars causing the supply glut. Shale drillers created the supply glut, and the Saudis exacerbated it by opening their spigots a bit more. Couple that all with China coming out and telling the world..."sorry we honestly don't need all this oil...sorry you guys worked so hard for nothing"...and you get a supply glut that won't end until someone hits rock bottom.

A war that would disrupt oil production...unless the war comes to Saudi Arabia there won't be a meaningful disruption enough to matter to the current over supply. That won't stop Wall Street from seeing an opportunity and making hay while the sun shines. Worst case scenario we peak at $100 bbl and the rush to produce under that price will drive the price back down in the doldrums.
    Don't be surprised if Saudi Arabia starts having their own domestic issues and even an insurgent problem. Russia is the biggest oil producer along with the Saudis. You are completely correct regarding Saudi wanting to maintain market share. But the Russians cannot afford to produce low priced oil. That's the game being played. They are strapped for cash and need premium oil profits. The Russians are going to be a catalyst for oil delivery instability. And only specific wars create oil delivery and production issues. You are also correct regarding China. Their indusrial revolution slow down is killing economies depending on it, including oil sales. Instability is the only means by which oil will go up significantly. But I feel we are in for some unstable happenings in the subject regions. When war ships are brought in and major shipping channels are blocked, we'll know larger scale arguments are up for settling.

Don't be surprised if Saudi Arabia starts having their own domestic issues and even an insurgent problem. Russia is the biggest oil producer along with the Saudis. You are completely correct regarding Saudi wanting to maintain market share. But the Russians cannot afford to produce low priced oil. That's the game being played. They are strapped for cash and need premium oil profits. The Russians are going to be a catalyst for oil delivery instability. And only specific wars create oil delivery and production issues. You are also correct regarding China. Their indusrial revolution slow down is killing economies depending on it, including oil sales. Instability is the only means by which oil will go up significantly. But I feel we are in for some unstable happenings in the subject regions. When war ships are brought in and major shipping channels are blocked, we'll know larger scale arguments are up for settling.
    I wonder when the last time Saudi Arabia was technically invaded. Red Line Agreement was I think in the 20's or 30's so it would coincide with oil attention being brought to that region.

Blog Entries

I doubt if the Israeli's are going to wait two years for Iran to get a nuclear bomb,
    That's a very good possibility. Rhetoric doesn't stop a lit fuse. And idealists cannot negotiate deals with insane criminals. We're going to see "the deal" evaporate. And reality is going to hit the world right between the eyes sooner than later.

---Tell you what really hurt back then was rental real estate

Especially for the the ones counting on the rent to coverage their note on the loan!!!

Bt,dt. Bought in '84 @ 12% interest fixed (which was a bargain then). Had to move in '89, could not rent it to cover note, so we sold it and took a beating. And that's after we put down 15% when we bought and diligently dumped more money on principal early on. It was almost half paid off and still got smoked like a blunt at Red Rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Can't say that! That's being negative and looking in the rear view mirror!! You'll get red dotted for that!!!

We screamed about this for 3 years bud
    LOL.... You called it. Got the red dot from some anonymous poster who said it wasnt a real issue. LOL

Well, I hope they're right and the money starts flowing in this current downturn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4