Thread: Beer Smack and Love

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Beer Smack and Love

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I got one and it was pretty good, sold out when I went for my 2nd

--Get ready for Tiger beer, Wave beer---Hell may be even LTUR beer

I think Herbie should use Geaux buy a Beer!!! Or Cajun Beer to Geaux!!

Default Re: More Ragin' Cajuns brews could be coming

LTUR wont have their own beer they don't believe in alcohol up there its the devil

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

--Get ready for Tiger beer, Wave beer---Hell may be even LTUR beer

I think Herbie should use Geaux buy a Beer!!! Or Cajun Beer to Geaux!!

Maybe, but:

1 - Tin Roof, out of BR, has already made some sort of LSU-themed beer.

2 - Herbie didn't make/brew ____. It was Bayou Teche. One (maybe more) of the brothers in a UL Alumn, and they take pride in working with UL and the Cajun heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    LTUR wont have their own beer they don't believe in alcohol up there its the devil
    But racism is A-OK..

Lsu already has its own beer, it's called arrogant bastard and taste like sht.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Hmm, I love the ignorance...They sure are offering it & alcohol in the new DAC. BTW S'Port/Bossier alone has 3 breweries now & NE La will soon have their own.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Hmm, I love the ignorance...They sure are offering it & alcohol in the new DAC. BTW S'Port/Bossier alone has 3 breweries now & NE La will soon have their own.
    Sounds like the new DAC is a way for the big donors to separate themselves from Ruston's citizens. Was Terry worried he would have a relapse of his shingles if he communed with the common folk?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Sounds like the new DAC is a way for the big donors to separate themselves from Ruston's citizens. Was Terry worried he would have a relapse of his shingles if he communed with the common folk?
    Thats not logical. Some of those big donors are old "blue hairs". Lol at all the Bradshaw -fumble-....nice insult FAIL though.
    No, it's called baby steps....there was a contingent that didn't want it (mainly Local preachers) but city voted it in anyway, which is huge for Ruston. 10 years ago, that probably wouldn't have happened. I'm sure it'll be offered in time to general public but until then, smuggling it into The Joe is easy & Campus Cops are pretty much non existent in parking lot. At our last tailgate, we had 2 kegs & 4 growlers iced down with the finest local craft, in full view. So, not a big deal.

BTW S'Port/Bossier alone has 3 breweries now & NE La will soon have their own.
    I've heard some really good things about Great Raft. I have yet to be able to try any of their beers, though. Apparently, when they branched out of Shreve/Bossier, their distribution skipped Lafayette and BR and just went straight to NOLA.

I'm sure such was probably a decent business decision, though. NOLA is probably has a better market right now for craft beers than LAF or BR.

Thats not logical. Some of those big donors are old "blue hairs". Lol at all the Bradshaw -fumble-....nice insult FAIL though.
    No, it's called baby steps....there was a contingent that didn't want it (mainly Local preachers) but city voted it in anyway, which is huge for Ruston. 10 years ago, that probably wouldn't have happened. I'm sure it'll be offered in time to general public but until then, smuggling it into The Joe is easy & Campus Cops are pretty much non existent in parking lot. At our last tailgate, we had 2 kegs & 4 growlers iced down with the finest local craft, in full view. So, not a big deal.
    Tailgating...in Ruston...that's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Tailgating...in Ruston...that's cute.
    Ugh...are you a Laffy snob?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I've heard some really good things about Great Raft. I have yet to be able to try any of their beers, though. Apparently, when they branched out of Shreve/Bossier, their distribution skipped Lafayette and BR and just went straight to NOLA.

I'm sure such was probably a decent business decision, though. NOLA is probably has a better market right now for craft beers than LAF or BR.
    Yeah, Great Raft is pretty good stuff. I'm sure it'll be available in SW La in near future. One of the owners Father is high up w/ Eagle Distributing & they're being pretty aggressive with their distribution. I would think that NoLa would be an extremely difficult market to penetrate, especially with all the crafts from the North Shore. BR would be far easier to me...what do they have, just Tin Roof? And that's just ok.

Yeah, Great Raft is pretty good stuff. I'm sure it'll be available in SW La in near future. One of the owners Father is high up w/ Eagle Distributing & they're being pretty aggressive with their distribution. I would think that NoLa would be an extremely difficult market to penetrate, especially with all the crafts from the North Shore. BR would be far easier to me...what do they have, just Tin Roof? And that's just ok.
    I think the per capita of craft drinkers in NOLA (which is still pretty darn low compared to other cities its size) is much higher than BR and Lafayette. That's probably why they chose to go straight there.

Bayou Teche has distribution and does pretty well up in NYC, because while there's much more competition up there, there is also a larger percentage of beer drinkers always interested in trying something new.

Interest in craft is growing around Acadiana as people discover that all beer doesn't have to taste the same, but it's growing slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I think the per capita of craft drinkers in NOLA (which is still pretty darn low compared to other cities its size) is much higher than BR and Lafayette. That's probably why they chose to go straight there.

Bayou Teche has distribution and does pretty well up in NYC, because while there's much more competition up there, there is also a larger percentage of beer drinkers always interested in trying something new.

Interest in craft is growing around Acadiana as people discover that all beer doesn't have to taste the same, but it's growing slow.
    We, at least Louisiana now has a "Beer Trail" that they need to market the hell out of. If I had a lotta spare time (which I don't) I could definitely spend at least a week hitting all the La breweries & hitting the local links.
    In my opinion, LA31 brews are pretty decent but I would much rather have a Parish brew.

WTF is a DAC? Hurry, before I start making ____ up.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Disheveled Asthmatic Counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    It's whatever you want it to be...

We, at least Louisiana now has a "Beer Trail" that they need to market the hell out of. If I had a lotta spare time (which I don't) I could definitely spend at least a week hitting all the La breweries & hitting the local links.
    In my opinion, LA31 brews are pretty decent but I would much rather have a Parish brew.
    #teamparish

It's whatever you want it to be...
    We may need to start a new thread.
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/DAC.html

There's an article on our "DAC" on UnderDog Dynasty