Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    You do realize that pretty much everyone else in the AAC would love us in their conference and couldn't care less about what Tulane has to say?
    Where is this info coming from?

Awesome if true, but have the other schools said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Where is this info coming from?

Awesome if true, but have the other schools said that?
    I suspect that comment is based mostly on fan commentary on other sites. Tulane's athletic performance has been pretty dismal for years and fans at the top of the conference get tired of carrying what they believe to be dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I suspect that comment is based mostly on fan commentary on other sites.
    Ok, so not valid info.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I can't help asking being we've got another thread comparing T-Joseph to LTURs president. Let's compare football coaches: How does Skip Holtz win at Louisiana Tech?

- He personally makes $400,000 per year less
    - His schools budget is smaller than UL's
    - He's got stiffer competition by being a member of a stronger conference
    - He's winning in said stronger conference
    - Closer to a top 25 ranking with less money across the board
    - Waxed our team... on the road

I have a hard time believing Hudspeth is currently maxed out when you look around at what others are working with and their results.

I am now running for cover!!!
    You are also talking about state budgets I'm assuming, however, La Tech has bigger donors than we do who annually give to their program and supplement their budget. Is this being considered? I'm wondering what their true budget is when said funds are accounted for. Just like the Holtz thing, he's shown as making much less than Hud but he's really making the same when comparing all funding sources. According to our budget, the state is only on the hook for just over $220k for Hud but his pay is obviously supplemented through private means and incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    The math suggest T-Joe-L is only about at 60% of the commitment level to athletics vs his peer Presidents at Latech & ULM.
    When T'Joe took the job I thought he would be more mindful of the needs of fans for transparency because he had been one of us and knew what it was like to wonder if the administration had your best interests at heart.

It is very important for the fans to find a conference home that isn't ranked last. The new schools appear to run the SBC and while the old schools just hang in there and aren't respected because they aren't good enough to get out.

Why can't we bridge that communication gap?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You are also talking about state budgets I'm assuming, however, La Tech has bigger donors than we do who annually give to their program and supplement their budget. Is this being considered? I'm wondering what their true budget is when said funds are accounted for. Just like the Holtz thing, he's shown as making much less than Hud but he's really making the same when comparing all funding sources. According to our budget, the state is only on the hook for just over $220k for Hud but his pay is obviously supplemented through private means and incentives.
    Pulled some budget numbers from this article (http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...dget/71155028/) saying we are about $2mill ahead of LTURs budget. Another source is Ragin Pagin, it's constantly posted on here that we have a larger budget.

My whole point is we're being told Hudspeth is pretty much maxed out as far as recruiting and taking this program to a level other than being SBC Good until he receives more resources. How is Tech about to be a Top 25 team with similar resources, yet we are stuck being not even the best in the Sun Belt?

Blog Entries

Pulled some budget numbers from this article (http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...dget/71155028/) saying we are about $2mill ahead of LTURs budget. Another source is Ragin Pagin, it's constantly posted on here that we have a larger budget.

My whole point is we're being told Hudspeth is pretty much maxed out as far as recruiting and taking this program to a level other than being SBC Good until he receives more resources. How is Tech about to be a Top 25 team with similar resources, yet we are stuck being not even the best in the Sun Belt?
    Let me add one statement without reopening the debate, Hudspeth isn't going to recruit mutch better in the SBC because it is the conference. Louisiana Tech isn't recruiting to the SBC, they are recruiting to CUSA, which in 99% of all recruits and parents minds is still not the SBC. So if you want him to raise recruiting to another level, money is part of the equation if we are talking cuts to travel and recruiting budgets and conference is the other elephant in the room.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

How is Tech about to be a Top 25 team with similar resources, yet we are stuck being not even the best in the Sun Belt?
    I think this goes back to branding. They have a brand advantage over us through saying yes to the WAC, pushing the Louisiana Tech brand, and beating P5 schools, particularly SEC schools, with some regularity for the last 15 or so years. I think that brand still gets them a few recruits each year that we can't get yet.

We said no to the WAC more than once, refuse to push the Louisiana brand, and can't beat an SEC school to save our life.

Hopefully, we change that Saturday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I think this goes back to branding. They have a brand advantage over us through saying yes to the WAC, pushing the Louisiana Tech brand, and beating P5 schools, particularly SEC schools, with some regularity for the last 15 or so years. I think that brand still gets them a few recruits each year that we can't get yet.

We said no to the WAC more than once, refuse to push the Louisiana brand, and can't beat an SEC school to save our life.

Hopefully, we change that Saturday.
    Don't disagree with your statement on their brand, they also have former players in the NFL Hall of Fame and the College Hall of Fame. But your brand is also who you keep company with, in our case it is the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me add one statement without reopening the debate, Hudspeth isn't going to recruit mutch better in the SBC because it is the conference. Louisiana Tech isn't recruiting to the SBC, they are recruiting to CUSA, which in 99% of all recruits and parents minds is still not the SBC. So if you want him to raise recruiting to another level, money is part of the equation if we are talking cuts to travel and recruiting budgets and conference is the other elephant in the room.
    I'm not debating you because I agree with you.

But you put your finger on the nature of the problem. Being in the SBC appears to put some restraints on us that won't be lifted until we get out. Sometimes it's hard from a fan's vantage point to see the urgency to do so. It seems like other schools try harder and they are the ones that get the opportunities.

Ok, so money is the key....Tech is winning in a better conference in CUSA, with not only the smallest budget in that conference, but with a budget that is on the lower rungs of the conference beneath them. To me, it sounds like they outperforming their pay grade so to speak.

Blog Entries

Ok, so money is the key....Tech is winning in a better conference in CUSA, with not only the smallest budget in that conference, but with a budget that is on the lower rungs of the conference beneath them. To me, it sounds like they outperforming their pay grade so to speak.
    Last year Holtz did on the field. But Hudspeth has still done more in the last four years, compared to one winning season for Holtz the last two seasons. That is not debatable.

Last year Holtz did on the field. But Hudspeth has still done more in the last four years, compared to one winning season for Holtz the last two seasons. That is not debatable.
    Let's not forget Holtz had the benefit of a P5 level DC last year which he no longer has.

T, I think you just made my point I've been trying to make. This debate started by saying until Hudspeth gets better facilities & more resources, he won't do better than SBC level. I said I don't believe that.

As you just stated, what Hudspeth has done in the last 4 years trumps what the best team in CUSA did last year in winning the league outright and pushing for a top 25 ranking. You're right, it's not debatable that UL isn't competing on a higher level than the SBC.

T, I think you just made my point I've been trying to make. This debate started by saying until Hudspeth gets better facilities & more resources, he won't do better than SBC level. I said I don't believe that.

As you just stated, what Hudspeth has done in the last 4 years trumps what the best team in CUSA did last year in winning the league outright and pushing for a top 25 ranking. You're right, it's not debatable that UL isn't competing on a higher level than the SBC.
    How many outright SBC titles does Hudspeth own?

Blog Entries

Skippy is to USF as Baldwin is to UL, less the toothpicks. Legacy he left when fired was pretty bad. I'd be shocked if Skippy has any success recruiting in Florida, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    How many outright SBC titles does Hudspeth own?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You have a lot of nerve preaching to others about "pipe dreams"..
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....
    Budget...

Blog Entries

Four years of winning is a larger body of work. But he has worked miracles in my book at a program that was once considered a DEAD ZONE at the bottom of the college football ranks. The hardest thing to change is view of your program in your own back yard, outside of Louisiana many people couldn't find UL or Lafayette on a map. His work is far from done, unfortunately he has to do it from the SBC.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast