_ _ _ _
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 278

Thread: Coastal Carolina

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I think this goes back to branding. They have a brand advantage over us through saying yes to the WAC, pushing the Louisiana Tech brand, and beating P5 schools, particularly SEC schools, with some regularity for the last 15 or so years. I think that brand still gets them a few recruits each year that we can't get yet.

    We said no to the WAC more than once, refuse to push the Louisiana brand, and can't beat an SEC school to save our life.

    Hopefully, we change that Saturday.
    Don't disagree with your statement on their brand, they also have former players in the NFL Hall of Fame and the College Hall of Fame. But your brand is also who you keep company with, in our case it is the SBC.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me add one statement without reopening the debate, Hudspeth isn't going to recruit mutch better in the SBC because it is the conference. Louisiana Tech isn't recruiting to the SBC, they are recruiting to CUSA, which in 99% of all recruits and parents minds is still not the SBC. So if you want him to raise recruiting to another level, money is part of the equation if we are talking cuts to travel and recruiting budgets and conference is the other elephant in the room.
    I'm not debating you because I agree with you.

    But you put your finger on the nature of the problem. Being in the SBC appears to put some restraints on us that won't be lifted until we get out. Sometimes it's hard from a fan's vantage point to see the urgency to do so. It seems like other schools try harder and they are the ones that get the opportunities.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,609

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me add one statement without reopening the debate, Hudspeth isn't going to recruit mutch better in the SBC because it is the conference. Louisiana Tech isn't recruiting to the SBC, they are recruiting to CUSA, which in 99% of all recruits and parents minds is still not the SBC. So if you want him to raise recruiting to another level, money is part of the equation if we are talking cuts to travel and recruiting budgets and conference is the other elephant in the room.
    Ok, so money is the key....Tech is winning in a better conference in CUSA, with not only the smallest budget in that conference, but with a budget that is on the lower rungs of the conference beneath them. To me, it sounds like they outperforming their pay grade so to speak.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Ok, so money is the key....Tech is winning in a better conference in CUSA, with not only the smallest budget in that conference, but with a budget that is on the lower rungs of the conference beneath them. To me, it sounds like they outperforming their pay grade so to speak.
    Last year Holtz did on the field. But Hudspeth has still done more in the last four years, compared to one winning season for Holtz the last two seasons. That is not debatable.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Last year Holtz did on the field. But Hudspeth has still done more in the last four years, compared to one winning season for Holtz the last two seasons. That is not debatable.
    T, I think you just made my point I've been trying to make. This debate started by saying until Hudspeth gets better facilities & more resources, he won't do better than SBC level. I said I don't believe that.

    As you just stated, what Hudspeth has done in the last 4 years trumps what the best team in CUSA did last year in winning the league outright and pushing for a top 25 ranking. You're right, it's not debatable that UL isn't competing on a higher level than the SBC.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,128
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Last year Holtz did on the field. But Hudspeth has still done more in the last four years, compared to one winning season for Holtz the last two seasons. That is not debatable.
    Skippy is to USF as Baldwin is to UL, less the toothpicks. Legacy he left when fired was pretty bad. I'd be shocked if Skippy has any success recruiting in Florida, ever.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    How many outright SBC titles does Hudspeth own?
    0

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You have a lot of nerve preaching to others about "pipe dreams"..
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    T, I think you just made my point I've been trying to make. This debate started by saying until Hudspeth gets better facilities & more resources, he won't do better than SBC level. I said I don't believe that.

    As you just stated, what Hudspeth has done in the last 4 years trumps what the best team in CUSA did last year in winning the league outright and pushing for a top 25 ranking. You're right, it's not debatable that UL isn't competing on a higher level than the SBC.
    Four years of winning is a larger body of work. But he has worked miracles in my book at a program that was once considered a DEAD ZONE at the bottom of the college football ranks. The hardest thing to change is view of your program in your own back yard, outside of Louisiana many people couldn't find UL or Lafayette on a map. His work is far from done, unfortunately he has to do it from the SBC.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....
    I also recall a nice long thread on BBB about Tech going to the Big12.... Did I answer your question?

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....
    In terms of what you've actually accomplished (including facility improvements), you belong to the gold standard of delusional fan bases; so I'm a little confused by your brash behavior toward Cajun fans. You must not have been around in the 90s and earlier 2000s when the delusional was palpable.

    The B1G 12 was and has always been our ideal landing spot. That's what eas being discussed on RP. Nothing more, nothing less. Now that the Big 12 has an unstable future, our AD made the comment over the air that he was "in talks" with the AAC (which was a complete lie), and the AAC has become more of a clear player at the top of the G5, it's getting more discussion time. Not to mention, had we hired the man we courted for our Exec Dir of RCAF job, we would have been a shoe in for AAC membership.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does this qualify as a comment from the La-Te-DA peanut gallery?
    What intelligent comment or brilliant observation are you referring to? "La-Te-Da"?..... Are you older than Boomer?

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In terms of what you've actually accomplished (including facility improvements), you belong to the gold standard of delusional fan bases; so I'm a little confused by your brash behavior toward Cajun fans. You must not have been around in the 90s and earlier 2000s when the delusional was palpable.

    The B1G 12 was and has always been our ideal landing spot. That's what eas being discussed on RP. Nothing more, nothing less. Now that the Big 12 has an unstable future, our AD made the comment over the air that he was "in talks" with the AAC (which was a complete lie), and the AAC has become more of a clear player at the top of the G5, it's getting more discussion time. Not to mention, had we hired the man we courted for our Exec Dir of RCAF job, we would have been a shoe in for AAC membership.
    LOL Cajun! You can say Big 12 is your landing spot all you want but that doesn't make it realistic. And your calling US delusional? Your very own Admin can't decide what they want to be referred to so this is all quite humorous to me.
    You can't stand it that a smaller university is doing more with less. I asked you what Tech fans are being unrealistic about? Please, please tell me...
    So, How are we being delusional about facility improvements? Our DAC/APC is ready for this season & planning has recently begun on our Westside pressbox/Suites expansion.

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LOL Cajun! You can say Big 12 is your landing spot all you want but that doesn't make it realistic. And your calling US delusional? Your very own Admin can't decide what they want to be referred to so this is all quite humorous to me.
    You can't stand it that a smaller university is doing more with less. I asked you what Tech fans are being unrealistic about? Please, please tell me...
    So, How are we being delusional about facility improvements? Our DAC/APC is ready for this season & planning has recently begun on our Westside pressbox/Suites expansion.
    I can't disagree with your comment about admin shortcomings, but I can say that our bafoons never cost us a bowl game. So there's that. As far as your delusions, there are many to choose from but a few of my favorites posted here recently are: attendance figures, Ruston is superior to Laf as a college town, facility improvement timelines, and overall perception of your program as a whole.

    What exactly are you referring to when you say you've done "more with less"? Relative to conference, Louisiana has totally and completely out performed Tech in every conceivable way, as a program. From growth, to sustained success, to facilities, to future prospectus... It's not even debatable.

    But I agree, we need better leadership.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Really? The majority In here were on a Big 12 kick for the longest time....that's shifted to AAC now 😄 so please tell me what Tech fans are being unrealistic about....
    There's a difference between majority and loudest/most vocal.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can't disagree with your comment about admin shortcomings, but I can say that our bafoons never cost us a bowl game. So there's that. As far as your delusions, there are many to choose from but a few of my favorites posted here recently are: attendance figures, Ruston is superior to Laf as a college town, facility improvement timelines, and overall perception of your program as a whole.

    What exactly are you referring to when you say you've done "more with less"? Relative to conference, Louisiana has totally and completely out performed Tech in every conceivable way, as a program. From growth, to sustained success, to facilities, to future prospectus... It's not even debatable.

    But I agree, we need better leadership.

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LOL Cajun! You can say Big 12 is your landing spot all you want but that doesn't make it realistic. And your calling US delusional? Your very own Admin can't decide what they want to be referred to so this is all quite humorous to me.
    You can't stand it that a smaller university is doing more with less. I asked you what Tech fans are being unrealistic about? Please, please tell me...
    So, How are we being delusional about facility improvements? Our DAC/APC is ready for this season & planning has recently begun on our Westside pressbox/Suites expansion.
    And how long did it take yall from planning to building for your waste-of-space endzone facility?

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can't disagree with your comment about admin shortcomings, but I can say that our bafoons never cost us a bowl game. So there's that. As far as your delusions, there are many to choose from but a few of my favorites posted here recently are: attendance figures, Ruston is superior to Laf as a college town, facility improvement timelines, and overall perception of your program as a whole.

    What exactly are you referring to when you say you've done "more with less"? Relative to conference, Louisiana has totally and completely out performed Tech in every conceivable way, as a program. From growth, to sustained success, to facilities, to future prospectus... It's not even debatable.

    But I agree, we need better leadership.

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Omg, your so full of shat it's not even funny. Your bias is clouding your judgement Cajun. You still can't give me specifics on how Tech fans are delusional. You site some nonsense on "best college town"?! No one is talking about this, you're just making up shat to justify your stupid comments. UL is indeed doing great things, so is a Tech but you have almost 7,000 more students than we have.....And your university is in the 3rd largest city in the state, with the majority of your alum living in the same city. Your budget should be double from what it is now & you should be selling out every game with the amount of alum you have. What's your excuse?
    So paying HUD 1 million dollars a year?!? Have y'all won the SBC outright with that kind of money?! What major teams have you beaten under HUD that would justify the expense?


  20. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    And how long did it take yall from planning to building for your waste-of-space endzone facility?
    I would imagine slightly more time to plan than your tornado magnet trailer park APC? Maybe you can fold it up & tow it away before the big storm comes..

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •