Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

Blog Entries

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Can't argue with that. But I was under the impression T

I don't believe he doesn't support athletics, I think he wants to push athletics to become more self-sufficient before allowing it to become compatible outside the SBC. If he is willing to push this program further, why is he sitting on a large portion of the state transfer? I can only look at his actions in context of what other state programs are doing. Is he all in for athletics? Right now, his actions tell me no.
    The math suggest T-Joe-L is only about at 60% of the commitment level to athletics vs his peer Presidents at Latech & ULM.

Duggie, love your confidence and I have no idea when Hudspeth will leave this program. But, I'm willing to bet you a steak dinner it will be before 5 years. Just a gut feeling. Mm
    Haha sorry for my wording. Meant that after this season, Hudspeth will have been here 5 years and in that timeframe, Reinhardt will not be recognizable from the day he stepped on campus to after this season.

Seems to me he has been given ample ammo to succeed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Haha sorry for my wording. Meant that after this season, Hudspeth will have been here 5 years and in that timeframe, Reinhardt will not be recognizable from the day he stepped on campus to after this season.

Seems to me he has been given ample ammo to succeed.
    Yep, ample ammo to win in the SBC. He has accomplished that, still working with a budget below the top of the conference. Ammo to succeed above the conference, I don't see how that is close to reality when he still doesn't have the top budget to work with in the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    You do realize that pretty much everyone else in the AAC would love us in their conference and couldn't care less about what Tulane has to say?
    Yeah, sorry to interrupt your pipe dream but Tulane has built long standing relationships with those schools they transitioned from CUSA to AAC with: SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, Central Fla, East Carolina. The only way Cajuns get into AAC is if Tulane is no longer a member...

Yep, ample ammo to win in the SBC. He has accomplished that, still working with a budget below the top of the conference. Ammo to succeed above the conference, I don't see how that is close to reality when he still doesn't have the top budget to work with in the SBC.
    I must've missed where he won the Sun Belt?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Yeah, sorry to interrupt your pipe dream but Tulane has built long standing relationships with those schools they transitioned from CUSA to AAC with: SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, Central Fla, East Carolina. The only way Cajuns get into AAC is if Tulane is no longer a member...
    Tulane will not block AAC membership. I don't know where you got that info, but it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Tulane will not block AAC membership. I don't know where you got that info, but it is wrong.
    They did in the past in terms of getting into CUSA

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They did in the past in terms of getting into CUSA

Try the METRO long ago!!!

Different people all the way around. Different relationship.

I can't help asking being we've got another thread comparing T-Joseph to LTURs president. Let's compare football coaches: How does Skip Holtz win at Louisiana Tech?

- He personally makes $400,000 per year less
    - His schools budget is smaller than UL's
    - He's got stiffer competition by being a member of a stronger conference
    - He's winning in said stronger conference
    - Closer to a top 25 ranking with less money across the board
    - Waxed our team... on the road

I have a hard time believing Hudspeth is currently maxed out when you look around at what others are working with and their results.

I am now running for cover!!!

Just a disclaimer: I 100% believe in Hudspeth as our coach. I don't want him going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Sure....ok, commence with pipe dream.

You have a lot of nerve preaching to others about "pipe dreams"..

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I can't help asking being we've got another thread comparing T-Joseph to LTURs president. Let's compare football coaches: How does Skip Holtz win at Louisiana Tech?

I have a hard time believing Hudspeth is maxed out when you look around at what others are working with and their results.

I am now running for cover!!!
    ---I think that it is a fair question backed up with facts---the biggest thing of course is the recruiting over the years and the last number of years---Got to remember that they had damn good success and with that got some damn good players---Think that their staff is as good as anybody's---They got a QB in that was just great, they got maybe the best RB in the state back, and as I mentioned had some great pick ups in recent recruiting!!! stronger conference is very close to ours like last year!!!

Blog Entries

Duggie85:"I can't help asking being we've got another thread comparing T-Joseph to LTURs president. Let's compare football coaches: How does Skip Holtz win at Louisiana Tech?

I have a hard time believing Hudspeth is currently maxed out when you look around at what others are working with and their results.

I am now running for cover!!!"

He would be if most of what you stated was accurate.

-Central Florida is still on the hook for Holtz this year and has been the first two years. So he is making close to $900K, not $400K.

-Yes, but what is his football operational budget? And how much larger will it be this year with the cuts 4% to 6% to UL's budget? Or will it be larger?

-Yes, he has won one season in CUSA with 4-8 and 9-5, 13-13 in two seasons. Besides his win head to head against Hudspeth, how is that better then Mark Hudspeth?

-All of the rest, see the post above 36-16 plus four bowl wins>13-13 with one bowl win.

And for the record, I didn't say Hudspeth has accomplished everything in the SBC, he still has one championship and four bowl wins while still not being funded at the top of the SBC.

I did say I will expect him to win above the SBC when he is given the same funds as the teams you think he should be beating outside of the SBC. Louisiana Tech is the only one right now that has had a lower budget. Tulane, East Carolina, San Diego State and Nevada all have larger budgets.

Thanks for the discussion.

Blog Entries

Did Holtz inherit a team that hadn't had a winning record in 16 years?

It's a lot easier to keep a slow train moving than to get one moving.

sfq

Duggie85:"I can't help asking being we've got another thread comparing T-Joseph to LTURs president. Let's compare football coaches: How does Skip Holtz win at Louisiana Tech?

I am now running for cover!!!"

He would be if most of what you stated was accurate.

-Central Florida is still on the hook for Holtz this year and has been the first two years. So he is making close to $900K, not $400K.

-Yes, but what is his football operational budget? And how much larger will it be this year with the cuts 4% to 6% to UL's budget? Or will it be larger?

-Yes, he has won one season in CUSA with 4-8 and 9-5, 13-13 in two seasons. Besides his win head to head against Hudspeth, how is that better then Mark Hudspeth?

-All of the rest, see the post above 36-16 plus four bowl wins>13-13 with one bowl win.

And for the record, I didn't say Hudspeth has accomplished everything in the SBC, he still has one championship and four bowl wins while still not being funded at the top of the SBC.

I did say I will expect him to win above the SBC when he is given the same funds as the teams you think he should be beating outside of the SBC. Louisiana Tech is the only one right now that has had a lower budget. Tulane, East Carolina, San Diego State and Nevada all have larger budgets.

Thanks for the discussion.
    Good points. Thanks as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

sfq
    Louisiana Tech? No they won a WAC Championship in 2011 and lost to the TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

sfq
    Valid point.

But now that our train is slowly rolling, should we expect greater results or come up with reasons on what's holding us back from getting up to speed?

They have 5 pre-season votes for Top 25 Coaches Poll with a shoe string budget while located in Podunk, USA. If they can do that with similar circumstances as us, no reason Hudspeth shouldn't be able take our program higher levels with what he's working with. And I believe he will.

Blog Entries

Does this qualify as a comment from the La-Te-DA peanut gallery?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast