Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He is paying his coaches. ..that is one thing he has gotten right. But his programs are another matter.
    Without the coaches...what do they have to show? The improvements wouldn't have come with just good softball and baseball. Robe learned that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No, it won't be the end of the line; but it will be another grave marker on the side of the road to the bottom.
    I just don't see that at all.

Hud, when he leaves, will leave behind a progam that is light years ahead of where it was when he first walked through the door. Much better facilities across the board, much higher athletic budget, higher coaching salaries across the board, greater fan support and a winning tradition that Cajun fans now not only enjoy but will demand going forward. I'm not saying Hud's responsible for all of those things, but the foundation he's built will be capable of taking us to the next level.

Our next football coach will be the most important hire in the school's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I just don't see that at all.

Hud, when he leaves, will leave behind a progam that is light years ahead of where it was when he first walked through the door. Much better facilities across the board, much higher athletic budget, higher coaching salaries across the board, greater fan support and a winning tradition that Cajun fans now not only enjoy but will demand going forward. I'm not saying Hud's responsible for all of those things, but the foundation he's built will be capable of taking us to the next level.

Our next football coach will be the most important hire in the school's history.
    Our head coach can change all it wants...but the ones pulling the strings stay the same. Any hot young coach who reaches out to Hud should receive a massive earful about the administration and the way they conduct business. It would be irresponsible of him not to let them know just what they are about to be in for.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Our head coach can change all it wants...but the ones pulling the strings stay the same. Any hot young coach who reaches out to Hud should receive a massive earful about the administration and the way they conduct business. It would be irresponsible of him not to let them know just what they are about to be in for.
    About a 100k a month?

He is paying his coaches. ..that is one thing he has gotten right. But his programs are another matter.
    T, I think we're on different pages here. My comments were towards Hudspeth, not a defense to T-Joseph.

You made a comment that fans not only expect, but demand Hudspeth (& Marlin) to out-recruit others just b/c we are building the APC yet at the same time we are having to bus to Arkansas.... My rebuttal was, I expect Hudspeth (& Marlin to a degree) to out-do our peers in the SBC in ANYTHING b/c we are paying him double the median salary in the SBC (not including bonuses). His contract is for $4,000,000 according to http://sports.newsday.com/long-islan...|o:c=college;|. The median contract for every other coach in the SBC is $2,045,119. When you're being paid that kind of money, I personally don't care what he has to do to sell kids on our program. Make it happen.

Again, as far as T-Joseph holding money, you will never read me debating (in his defense).

That's what was told to some during the APC tour recently and at the RCAF function.
    This is great news, Someone within the University actually publicly stating we are working towards another conference.

Build facilities. ..wouldn't you be doing that anyway to compete at any level and because you are charging fees and RCAF membership for parking and tailgating?
    Can't argue with that. But I was under the impression T-Joseph isn't really trying to grow athletics. Why would he build facilities to compete at the SBC level, but not any other conference? That doesn't make much sense. That's not really a question I'm expecting you to be able to answer, but just something ain't adding up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    "You made a comment that fans not only expect, but demand Hudspeth (& Marlin) to out-recruit others just b/c we are building the APC yet at the same time we are having to bus to Arkansas.... My rebuttal was, I expect Hudspeth (& Marlin to a degree) to out-do our peers in the SBC in ANYTHING b/c we are paying him double the median salary in the SBC (not including bonuses). His contract is for $4,000,000 according to http://sports.newsday.com/long-islan...|o:c=college;|. The median contract for every other coach in the SBC is $2,045,119. When you're being paid that kind of money, I personally don't care what he has to do to sell kids on our program. Make it happen.

Again, as far as T-Joseph holding money, you will never read me debating (in his defense)."
    Hud is getting paid $1 Mil per year to win games and bowl games. He has done that and more when you consider he is leading the way for Phase 1 to be completed and went out and raised the funds. The fact that you don't care how he has to sell kids tells me your are totally oblivious to what it will actually take to get better athletes on this campus, or if he is actually getting what he needs to accomplish your standard. And that is my problem with many on this site. We are building an APC, we have culture, great food, great people, academics and now stipends, so what more could a coach possibly need to reach the next level? I'm not sure, but we will know when we get there. Right now, we are simply playing catch-up to many college programs, forget the SBC.

He's done his fair share in moving this program to where it is today. Hell, he is the best fundraiser on campus. Is it too much to ask to the president to not just pay him or the other good coaches on campus, but to actually not cut athletics while he squeezes RCAF donors further and sits on $6 mil? I get it, you and others want him to perform miracles because he is getting paid $1 mil a year. When he is given the facilities and funds to elevate this program to a higher level, I will be more of a critic. I have treated him no differently then I have Coach Robichaux, when some people wanted him fired several years back. My expectations for Coach Robichaux will be greater when he is given the facilities and funding required to compete with the top mid-majors yearly. Until then, the blame lies with the person who controls the purse strings and I don't care how he gets it done either, just get it done!

Blog Entries

This is great news, Someone within the University actually publicly stating we are working towards another conference.
    Can't argue with that. But I was under the impression T

I don't believe he doesn't support athletics, I think he wants to push athletics to become more self-sufficient before allowing it to become compatible outside the SBC. If he is willing to push this program further, why is he sitting on a large portion of the state transfer? I can only look at his actions in context of what other state programs are doing. Is he all in for athletics? Right now, his actions tell me no.

CajunT, does Savoie ever do either yours, or BOP's, radio programs and talk about athletics? Has he ever been invited to do so? Perhaps with such an appearance he'd have a chance to shed some light on his approach to the Cajun athletic program.

Hud is getting paid $1 Mil per year to win games and bowl games. He has done that and more when you consider he is leading the way for Phase 1 to be completed and went out and raised the funds. The fact that you don't care how he has to sell kids tells me your are totally oblivious to what it will actually take to get better athletes on this campus, or if he is actually getting what he needs to accomplish your standard. And that is my problem with many on this site. We are building an APC, we have culture, great food, great people, academics and now stipends, so what more could a coach possibly need to reach the next level? I'm not sure, but we will know when we get there. Right now, we are simply playing catch-up to many college programs, forget the SBC.

He's done his fair share in moving this program to where it is today. Hell, he is the best fundraiser on campus. Is it too much to ask to the president to not just pay him or the other good coaches on campus, but to actually not cut athletics while he squeezes RCAF donors further and sits on $6 mil? I get it, you and others want him to perform miracles because he is getting paid $1 mil a year. When he is given the facilities and funds to elevate this program to a higher level, I will be more of a critic. I have treated him no differently then I have Coach Robichaux, when some people wanted him fired several years back. My expectations for Coach Robichaux will be greater when he is given the facilities and funding required to compete with the top mid-majors yearly. Until then, the blame lies with the person who controls the purse strings and I don't care how he gets it done either, just get it done!
    You're 100% correct in that he has earned the money... And that's why he's getting that money.

When he took over this program, he had nothing to sell recruits and was still successful and won. He was compensated very quickly for his efforts.... Fast forward from his first season in '11 to today, and he has more ammo in his recruiting cabinet than ever before. While T-Joseph's "strategy" is terrible, Hudspeth still has plenty to sell to recruits.

As far as when he is given the facilities to succeed, 2 out the 3 facilities projects relating to Football have been constructed starting after his 3rd year. And that is in addition to his (and assistants) deserved raises. So I don't think it is fair, at all, to debate that he hasn't been given the tools to continue his success.

Blog Entries

You're 100% correct in that he has earned the money... And that's why he's getting that money.
    When he took over this program, he had nothing to sell recruits and was still successful and won. He was compensated very quickly for his efforts.... Fast forward from his first season in '11 to today, and he has more ammo in his recruiting cabinet than ever before. While T

When the APC is completed and its not right now, he will have most of the facilities he needs to compete in the SBC. If you believe he has been given everything that he needs to recruit to something better then this conference, we are on different planets. I'm not sure you can say that while his travel cost and recruiting budgets are being cut today. Let me also add Coach Marlin to this list as well. We want the two most popular NCAA sports Football and Basketball to elevate to the next level while cutting funds. I'm not sure you or others understand what it will take do so in the long run. I don't expect either head coach to go on the record and make public statements. I already know what both think today.

HUD had earned his money and then some. Winning the SBC is not working miracles. I'm just kind of tired of every time something doesn't go somebody's way... It's HUD is on the next train outta here. I don't buy it. HUD isn't a fan... This is his career, and he has a damn good job right now making a lot of money in a great place. Some of you make it sound like he is shoveling human sht for minimum wage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    CajunT, does Savoie ever do either yours, or BOP's, radio programs and talk about athletics? Has he ever been invited to do so? Perhaps with such an appearance he'd have a chance to shed some light on his approach to the Cajun athletic program.
    I've sat with Dr Savoie on a plane ride before, everything was off record. I'm not certain he is willing to discuss anything in public, or answer tough questions.

When the APC is completed and its not right now, he will have most of the facilities he needs to compete in the SBC. If you believe he has been given everything that he needs to recruit to something better then this conference, we are on different planets. I'm not sure you can say that while his travel cost and recruiting budgets are being cut today. Let me also add Coach Marlin to this list as well. We want the two most popular NCAA sports Football and Basketball to elevate to the next level while cutting funds. I'm not sure you or others understand what it will take do so in the long run. I don't expect either head coach to go on the record and make public statements. I already know what both think today.
    I think many here, specifically you and I, are on different planets when it comes to timetables for what we expect our program to accomplish athletically. Hudspeth will be here 5 years after this season. Between Softball, Baseball, Football & Track, Reinhardt Drive wont even be recognizable a year from today.

Also, I take that recent accepted extension by Marlin as going on the record.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I completely agree with you T. As for CC... I want to be very clear... I would prefer that the SBC added Texas and/or Notre Dame. Hehe

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

When he took over this program, he had nothing to sell recruits and was still successful and won. He was compensated very quickly for his efforts.... Fast forward from his first season in '11 to today, and he has more ammo in his recruiting cabinet than ever before. While T

Bring in better team for home games also doesn't align with reducing budgets.

I've sat with Dr Savoie on a plane ride before, everything was off record. I'm not certain he is willing to discuss anything in public, or answer tough questions.
    Then I ask the question again, has he ever received an invite to do your program? If not, why not? BOP? Same question.

While I'm sure Savoie has better things to do than read about himself on this site, he's raked over the coals here on a daily basis. I think it might be fair to at least give him the opportunity to explain to all of us something as important as to how he makes the decision to allocate general funds to the athletic department.

There may be some logical reason why he does it the way he does, or there may be none and the lynching can continue without interruption. Of course, if he declines the opportunity, then that's his problem.

Blog Entries

I think many here, specifically you and I, are on different planets when it comes to timetables for what we expect our program to accomplish athletically. Hudspeth will be here 5 years after this season. Between Softball, Baseball, Football & Track, Reinhardt Drive wont even be recognizable a year from today.

Also, I take that recent accepted extension by Marlin as going on the record.
    Duggie, love your confidence and I have no idea when Hudspeth will leave this program. But, I'm willing to bet you a steak dinner it will be before 5 years. Just a gut feeling. Mm

Shame...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast