Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Hell lets just go to 14 and add Montana and NDSU.

I'm baffled by the amount of people who are ok with this. Or maybe everyone is ok with this in the context of the situation? Take a step back and think about the teams that we will be watching at Cajun Field. I'm a football guy so I'm speaking only about my thoughts when it comes to conference association but it's getting really hard to get excited about our schedule. I'll always be RCAF and a season ticket holder because like most of you there's nothing that will stop my love for UL but geez.. I'm digging deep to find the passion.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are in a glorified FCS league.
    dude, everyone knows that. i havent seen one person here say we want to be in the sunbelt.

in terms of a sunbelt viewpoint, it is a good add for the conf. benson is doing his job.

nothing wrong with CC being in the sunbelt. its only wrong that we are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan83 View Post
    I'm baffled by the amount of people who are ok with this. Or maybe everyone is ok with this in the context of the situation? Take a step back and think about the teams that we will be watching at Cajun Field. I'm a football guy so I'm speaking only about my thoughts when it comes to conference association but it's getting really hard to get excited about our schedule. I'll always be RCAF and a season ticket holder because like most of you there's nothing that will stop my love for UL but geez.. I'm digging deep to find the passion.
    again, no one here is excited about our home schedule. everyone knows its terrible. everyone is saying that in terms of the sun belt, it isnt a bad school to add.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    again, no one here is excited about our home schedule. everyone knows its terrible. everyone is saying that in terms of the sun belt, it isnt a bad school to add.
    Yea I hear you. I think we are all due for some positive news. A win over UK this weekend would do the trick.

Yea I hear you. I think we are all due for some positive news. A win over UK this weekend would do the trick.
    cheers to that

We comfy...pass the chips brah.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The reality of this situation is, WE ARE IN THE SUN BELT. So this is terrible for us. You are who you associate with.

Let's quit getting our azzes kicker by all these supposedly horrible teams. We gave wku their first fbs win, we got destroyed by south Al with a championship on the line, we got destroyed by app state with a championship on the line at home. We are 1 incredible pass play away from giving Georgia state their first fbs win at home. You are what your record says you are. You are associated by the people you beat and the people you get your azz kicked by. Everyone gets pssd off when people from other conferences say they want nothing to do with us but yet some do the same here. Let's make sure we aren't CCU's first FBS win before we go running our mouths

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Coastal will be a full member next year, with the first being a transition year in football. The next season they will play SBC football games. Building a stadium addition in time or not, doesn't help your football brand period. They are not App. State or Georgia Southern. The decision by Benson to push this through pretty much erodes any improvement in your football brand for a few years, after Georgia Southern and App. State have supposedly helped. SBC had nothing to gain in football, taking them as a full member.
    No doubt it does nothing to increase the football brand, but does it not help CC accelerate their football program build by a quicker introduction to the FBS? I like their addition in the Olympic sports. Their baseball exploits have created a pretty decent overall brand addition to the SBC. I like anything in the Carolinas. And it isn't like we need another Georgia Southern coming in and taking an 8-0 football title that we haven't even seen yet. In all reality, what exactly could the SBC do to improve the football brand at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Let's quit getting our azzes kicker by all these supposedly horrible teams. We gave wku their first fbs win, we got destroyed by south Al with a championship on the line, we got destroyed by app state with a championship on the line at home. We are 1 incredible pass play away from giving Georgia state their first fbs win at home. You are what your record says you are. You are associated by the people you beat and the people you get your azz kicked by. Everyone gets pssd off when people from other conferences say they want nothing to do with us but yet some do the same here. Let's make sure we aren't CCU's first FBS win before we go running our mouths
    Just win!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The smartest move would have been to vote Idaho out and stand pat. Adding to get a championship game is stupid.
    We should have added NMSU as a full time member. Then, drop Idaho and drop UTA and Little Rock, going to a 10 team all sports conference. Like the Big 12, play a 9 game conference schedule. No need for a championship game. We are not going to be playing for the national championship. The SBC is a haven for FBS wannabees and further cemented itself as the worst conference in football. Who is next, McNeese State and Sam Houston State to help with travel costs? Can't wait for Benson to schedule UL to play at CCU before 9,400 fans (if they pack their stadium). That will help our recruiting. I'm sure UL was part of a unanimous vote to add CCU, like we were to increase the exit fee to $2M.

FACT: No one the SBC added was going to "improve" football.

FACT: The only viable options were FCS teams.

FACT: We are in a league with Idaho and NMSU. I would wager that CCU will be better than either of them in short order.

FACT: Of the last two FCS teams we added, one beat us and the other won the league championship.

FACT: Those two programs both have higher profile wins over FBS schools in the last 10 years than we do in the history of our program.

FACT: We still have not won the SBC outright.

FACT: If we want to improve our perception, we need to beat out of conference opponents from leagues that are perceived to be better.

FACT: There is no conference for us to move to right now.

FACT: CCU was the best of any viable candidate to add. (Kicking out Idaho may have been the better option).

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Dang right. I love Hud... but our losses and close calls do not scream "dominant". I'm extremely glad (despite folks on here that constantly defended Hud and our defense) that we have some high caliber defensive coaches... that aren't going to put up with a cop out defensive scheme. We let way too many supposedly lesser football teams rack up yardage and scores on us.

Blog Entries

dude, everyone knows that. i havent seen one person here say we want to be in the sunbelt.

in terms of a sunbelt viewpoint, it is a good add for the conf. benson is doing his job.

nothing wrong with CC being in the sunbelt. its only wrong that we are still here.
    C. Carolina fits The Belt, The Belt doesn't fit Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    FACT: No one the SBC added was going to "improve" football.

FACT: The only viable options were FCS teams.

FACT: We are in a league with Idaho and NMSU. I would wager that CCU will be better than either of them in short order.

FACT: Of the last two FCS teams we added, one beat us and the other won the league championship.

FACT: Those two programs both have higher profile wins over FBS schools in the last 10 years than we do in the history of our program.

FACT: We still have not won the SBC outright.

FACT: If we want to improve our perception, we need to beat out of conference opponents from leagues that are perceived to be better.

FACT: There is no conference for us to move to right now.

FACT: CCU was the best of any viable candidate to add. (Kicking out Idaho may have been the better option).
    Fact: We comfy. Has anyone seen the remote?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Dang right. I love Hud... but our losses and close calls do not scream "dominant". I'm extremely glad (despite folks on here that constantly defended Hud and our defense) that we have some high caliber defensive coaches... that aren't going to put up with a cop out defensive scheme. We let way too many supposedly lesser football teams rack up yardage and scores on us.

-Nobody on this board I think has pushed for a new conference longer than I, nor feared about others getting in/got in other conferences

and although I want out now there are some points to look at---in the top 80 say teams in the country CUSA has 3 or 4 as does the Belt---of the over 100 rankings both have about 6---pretty damn close but some things you use to defend in recruiting---just pointing it out from a guy that has done this---yes I want out, as it makes the job easier, but sell what you have and we have a bunch to sell---School , Lafayette, enrollment, population, culture, facilities, coaches, endowment, transportation ease, campus, food, fun, economy!!!!

Agreed.

While we have won some nice OOC games (Nevada, San Diego, ECU), those bad games you mentioned are just that. Bad...

All I know is Coastsl helps baseball.. One of two sports we have a legitimate shot at a National Championship.

What ppl should be ____ed about is why isn't Idaho kicked out and why is NMSU not a full member!

To that, then try and add Missouri St in all sports.

Football:
    West:
    NMSU
    Tx St
    Missouri St
    Ark St
    Louisiana
    Monroe

East:
    South Al
    Troy
    GaSouth
    GaSt
    App
    Coastal

We solve traveling partners. Maybe one table the other sports. Not sure how that works. Sure someone could find negs but just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    All I know is Coastsl helps baseball.. One of two sports we have a legitimate shot at a National Championship.

What ppl should be ____ed about is why isn't Idaho kicked out and why is NMSU not a full member!

To that, then try and add Missouri St in all sports.

Football:
    West:
    NMSU
    Tx St
    Missouri St
    Ark St
    Louisiana
    Monroe

East:
    South Al
    Troy
    GaSouth
    GaSt
    App
    Coastal

We solve traveling partners. Maybe one table the other sports. Not sure how that works. Sure someone could find negs but just a thought.
    Idaho and nmsu will be evaluated in 2017 I think, I would imagine doing anything before that agreed date would cost the conference a penalty.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast