Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Wait, I thought adding Georgian Southern and App. State was a great move for the SBC? I guess I could be wrong in stating that adding a program with very little in championships and sits a whopping 9,000 fans could possibly hurt the SBC brand any further. But then again, that's a pretty bad statement in admitting the SBC brand can't get any worse then it is today. Oh well, onward and upward!
    They have to play a year of FCS transitional so they can't play in the SBC until 2017 and can't be bowl eligible til 2018. By the time they play their first game in the SBC their stadium will seat over 20,000. Their infrastructure is already in place for expansion of the stadium.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    How is this allowed i though there was a 15,000 min attendance required for FBS schools
    There is. But the MAC has been getting around that for years. Check their attendance figures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Should have waited to add Coastal Carolina as a full sports program, until they were ready facilities wise to play FBS football. Taking them in Olympic Sports for the next two years would have addressed the travel concerns and partner for App. State. Adding them as a full member now does nothing for your football brand and certainly doesn't help in regards of improving new TV contract in 2017. Now we will have FBS programs traveling to a stadium that sits 9,000 fans. How is that different from the SLC?
    A month ago Benson said expansion was off the table.

Kudos to Coastal Carolina for forcing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    According to different people on Twitter, Coastal will be announced as new Sunbelt member tomorrow.
    Hmmmm so CCU is the proverbial " New Cocks of the walk" in the SBC huh? Chanticleers? Looks like CCU owns a portion of a barrier island. This place is just outside Myrtle Beach, that would be a nice road trip.

College athletics is a business nowadays. Choosing CCU is a business decision for improving conference members bottom line. It's a matter of time before EKU and NMSU is in and Idaho football is let go. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Yeah, keep on telling yourself that....LoL! Benson doing a great job for y'all.
    Well, at least they can do something you guys can't seem to do. As per BOP:

The Chanticleers have been in the NCAA Basketball Tournament in two of the last three years. Their baseball program has become a perennial nationally ranked club that has played host to a super regional.

Read More: Coastal Carolina Will Join Sun Belt Conference | http://espn1420.com/coastal-carolina...ckback=tsmclip

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post

The Chanticleers have been in the NCAA Basketball Tournament in two of the last three years. Their baseball program has become a perennial nationally ranked club that has played host to a super regional.

Read More: Coastal Carolina Will Join Sun Belt Conference | http://espn1420.com/coastal-carolina...ckback=tsmclip
    Oh fantastic! Great addition then....Feel better?

Our leaders have spoken. Nothing to see here. Move along

Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice piece Jay. I think they'll be a nice addition to baseball and basketball

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post

Autobid or at large?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Oh fantastic! Great addition then....Feel better?
    Who do fans of La-Te-DA feel is the weakest CUSA member?

Really! Look we not going to add Southern Miss, JMU and Missouri State are not coming. Would yall rather extend a invite to UNC-Charlotte or a Coastal Carolina? This gets the Sunbelt into South Carolina. Plus Coastal has great Baseball, and Basketball, and Benson is doing what he has to do to protect the Sunbelt just in case a Conference starts adding Sunbelt members. Plus it gets us a Conference Championship Game. How many times have we won the Sunbelt in football? How about 1 time in the past 4 years, at least we can compete for a Sunbelt title. Would yall rather GS win the Sunbelt because they did not play UL, or Ark. St.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Really! Look we not going to add Southern Miss, JMU and Missouri State are not coming. Would yall rather extend a invite to UNC-Charlotte or a Coastal Carolina? This gets the Sunbelt into South Carolina. Plus Coastal has great Baseball, and Basketball, and Benson is doing what he has to do to protect the Sunbelt just in case a Conference starts adding Sunbelt members. Plus it gets us a Conference Championship Game. How many times have we won the Sunbelt in football? How about 1 time in the past 4 years, at least we can compete for a Sunbelt title. Would yall rather GS win the Sunbelt because they did not play UL, or Ark. St.
    You are confusing structure with content.

Structurally you have a point.

You other point that the Sun Belt has no other viable options speaks volumes.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The smartest move would have been to vote Idaho out and stand pat. Adding to get a championship game is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The smartest move would have been to vote Idaho out and stand pat. Adding to get a championship game is stupid.
    Well I don't think it was just for the championship game, but we have been down in basketball, and baseball, and would help improve those sports. Plus in football made it to the FCS playoffs 4 times in the past 5 years. In the past two years making it to the FCS quarterfinals, both losses came to NDSU.

So I say they could have a lot of potential in FBS.

Conversation at my Fantasy Football draft this weekend with some of my old college friends. We only meet up about once a year now for the fantasy draft due to family and work obligations and we all live across the state.

Me "Yall want to try and meet up for a UL Football Home game this year"

Them "What teams are coming to Lafayette this year?"

Me "Akron, Northwestern State, Texas State, ULM, NMSU, Troy"

Them "What happened to the Western Kentucky and MT games?"

Me: They are no longer in our conference.

Them: "Those teams are terrible, but we will try and make one, it doesn't matter which one."

Can you hear the excitement?????

Its hard to convince a common fan, not as interested in the Cajuns as us to go with teams like this man it just is.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Conversation at my Fantasy Football draft this weekend with some of my old college friends. We only meet up about once a year now for the fantasy draft due to family and work obligations and we all live across the state.

Me "Yall want to try and meet up for a UL Football Home game this year"

Them "What teams are coming to Lafayette this year?"

Me "Akron, Northwestern State, Texas State, ULM, NMSU, Troy"

Them "What happened to the Western Kentucky and MT games?"

Me: They are no longer in our conference.

Them: "Those teams are terrible, but we will try and make one, it doesn't matter which one."

Can you hear the excitement?????

Its hard to convince a common fan, not as interested in the Cajuns as us to go with teams like this man it just is.
    You know what we need to stop thinking we are better than some of these FCS teams lost to App State, GS won the conference. We are not better than the top echelon of FCS. I remember the days we lost to freaking Wofford, Sam Houston State, McNeese. NDSU would wipe the floor with us. I say till we stop lossing to these FCS teams and beating them 45-0 we have no room to talk.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We are in a glorified FCS league.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber...

photo 3uwyk9_zps78a8ece4.jpg

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast