Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Coastal has to remove the teal turf .. NCAA forbids and FBS member (Outside of Boise) from having turf any color but grass green
    Not true

If we have to toil in the SBC, I'm fine with CC being a member. Feel bad for the football first people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    LMAO
    Idk why you love Coastal Carolina so much. Makes me sad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Didn't realize anything could possibly erode a brand in the Sun Belt? Adding an FCS program is nothing new.
    Wait, I thought adding Georgian Southern and App. State was a great move for the SBC? I guess I could be wrong in stating that adding a program with very little in championships and sits a whopping 9,000 fans could possibly hurt the SBC brand any further. But then again, that's a pretty bad statement in admitting the SBC brand can't get any worse then it is today. Oh well, onward and upward!

The parade of sadness...continues. We comfy. Golf trips to Myrtle Beach for all presidents and AD's!!!

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They're better than nearly half the current football members right now. Definitely need to make huge strides growing their fan base but the quality on the field will be there when they join

Came close to beating NDSU in the quarterfinals last year and have been to the FCS playoffs 4 of last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Wait, I thought adding Georgian Southern and App. State was a great move for the SBC? I guess I could be wrong in stating that adding a program with very little in championships and sits a whopping 9,000 fans could possibly hurt the SBC brand any further. But then again, that's a pretty bad statement in admitting the SBC brand can't get any worse then it is today. Oh well, onward and upward!
    Haha. Hell, if they fill the damn thing with even 6k people, they're already bringing more to the table than ULMost!

Blog Entries

Baseball doesn't drive the bus clutch. Let me know when the NCAA will pay a share of baseball revenue to a conference like the football playoffs do today. I have no problem watching Coastal Carolina baseball or basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Idk why you love Coastal Carolina so much. Makes me sad.
    Love is a strong word. I'm not in love with the add but I'm a fan of it. They will be able to compete in the top half of the belt in football, basketball and baseball right from the jump. Does it hurt the brand of the belt, I don't know but how did Georgia Southern and App State hurt the Belts brand? If anything they enhanced it bc they won. You want to talk about branding? ULM, Georgia St, NMST, Idaho, and Troy have hurt the brand more than Georgia Southern or App St has.

Baseball doesn't drive the bus clutch. Let me know when the NCAA will pay a share of baseball revenue to a conference like the football playoffs do today. I have no problem watching Coastal Carolina baseball or basketball.
    T I'm not going to argue about them helping the brand but the teams that have been added(Georgia Southern and App St) have done more to enhance the brand than ULM, NMST, or Georgia St.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Love is a strong word. I'm not in love with the add but I'm a fan of it. They will be able to compete in the top half of the belt in football, basketball and baseball right from the jump. Does it hurt the brand of the belt, I don't know but how did Georgia Southern and App State hurt the Belts brand? If anything they enhanced it bc they won. You want to talk about branding? ULM, Georgia St, NMST, Idaho, and Troy have hurt the brand more than Georgia Southern or App St has.
    Are you comparing the football brand of Coastal Carolina to App. State or Georgia Southern? And yes, I agree taking Georgia State in football before they were ready is still hurting the SBC today. Troy, sorry but they have at least had a long run of success in the SBC, while we suffered mediocrity. App. State and Georgia Southern were national names in the FCS division in football. Coastal Carolina isn't close to them. So I don't see them competing at the top of the SBC right away. Again, I'm okay with then coming in, just not as a full member. They do nothing to improve the brand of SBC football conference upfront or for the next few years.

Are you comparing the football brand of Coastal Carolina to App. State or Georgia Southern?
    Nope but I am saying the news teams have not hurt the conference. The old teams have. Did FIU, FAU, Old Dominion, UNT, and UTSA add to CUSAs brand?

The sunbelts not great by any means but I'm not going to ____ on adding Coastal who has more potential than most of the teams already in the conference.

Let me add to that bc that might come across harsh...when you look at the top of the FCS for teams to add, Coastal makes more sense than any. Potential in football with a coach who has done nothing but win since arriving there and good baseball and basketball. If you want the best football option maybe you could have gone to North Dakota but no other team in the Sunbelt footprint can add what Coastal can.

I also don't disagree that maybe we should have added NMST for all sports but that doesn't fix travel partners.

Are you comparing the football brand of Coastal Carolina to App. State or Georgia Southern? And yes, I agree taking Georgia State in football before they were ready is still hurting the SBC today. Troy, sorry but they have at least had a long run of success in the SBC, while we suffered mediocrity. App. State and Georgia Southern were national names in the FCS division in football. Coastal Carolina isn't close to them. So I don't see them competing at the top of the SBC right away. Again, I'm okay with then coming in, just not as a full member. They do nothing to improve the brand of SBC football conference upfront or for the next few years.
    I disagree I think they can compete near the top half of the conference in football. Sunbelt football is not that much better than the top teams in the FCS. Hell I watched 2 teams Saturday (Montana and North Dakota) who would compete and/or win the sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Best option available in all sports if it happens... 100% like the move for the belt because we improve in all major sports... CUSA is definitely not as impressive as it once was and I truly believe the belt can surpass them and has in some sports..... If we want to switch conferences AAC should be our push. CUSA is a lateral move
    Yeah, keep on telling yourself that....LoL! Benson doing a great job for y'all.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As we discussed earlier today, I wish they were waiting on football for now. However, I think there's a difference between helping your brand (perception) vs. helping your league (reality). I think Coastal will be a first division team right away. They've not been playing long....but they're playing well.

How is this allowed i though there was a 15,000 min attendance required for FBS schools

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    How is this allowed i though there was a 15,000 min attendance required for FBS schools
    I believe they are making an announcement soon about fball stadium plans. I imagine the issue you mentioned will be taken care of then.

Blog Entries

The SBC bucket has a hole in the bottom.

Only in the SBC will you find that they refill the buck from the bottom.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast