Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Results 261 to 278 of 278

Thread: Coastal Carolina

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,803

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This goes against every excuse we were ever told about how teams get invited.
    True, but this is a good thing.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    True, but this is a good thing.
    Time will tell, I suspect they will move their budget to focus on getting football up to speed and their other sports will suffer.

  3. #263
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    t-josephine is pretty much solely to blame. Over the last 5 years he has withheld [at a minimum] $15,000,000 - $20,000,000 from athletics that he could have legally given; and he is the ONLY President in the UL System to withhold so much as $1 of the allowable amount. He has slow-played our facilities growth, he has consistently underreported our academic metrics to USN&WR. He has failed to aggressively pursue any conference change and he has abandoned us on the name issue.
    The fans on RP don't want reminding of the facts. They voted no more negative comments. They're happy and prefer to think the cancer is in remission. Maybe even gone.

    Geaux Cajuns Beat the Demons

    SunBeltForever

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,482

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    t-josephine is pretty much solely to blame. Over the last 5 years he has withheld [at a minimum] $15,000,000 - $20,000,000 from athletics that he could have legally given; and he is the ONLY President in the UL System to withhold so much as $1 of the allowable amount. He has slow-played our facilities growth, he has consistently underreported our academic metrics to USN&WR. He has failed to aggressively pursue any conference change and he has abandoned us on the name issue.
    Wasn't he also part of a unanimous vote to increase the conference exit fee to $2M? When you consider the cost to exit plus to join a new conference like CUSA or AAC, the cost would be $3-5M which I am sure he doesn't want to spend. That may be why we aren't seeing any kind of aggressive stance on our seeking another conference affiliation. I fear we are not going anywhere and all is well in the Sun Belt Conference. Just wait for next year when they boot Idaho and NMSU out and want to replace with schools like McNeese State and SHSU for a more regional feel and to control travel costs.

  5. #265
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    places us in bad company? If two teams come in and one goes undefeated in the league and the other kicks our butt at home, how is that the fault of the league?

    Not seeing much logic here.
    The logic isn't about Apo State or Ga Southern. You're right Jay, we only finished second to a team we didn't play. We suck.

    The real logic is there are four decent teams and two are FCS move ups. We (fans)are trying to get to little higher ground. The rest of SBC teams are rated below 100 on a regular basis. That's the company you like? I know baseball is your favorite sport, but it is garnish in college sports.

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Its about aspirations and destinations, and avoiding desperation of separation.


  7. #267
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The logic isn't about Apo State or Ga Southern. You're right Jay, we only finished second to a team we didn't play. We suck.

    The real logic is there are four decent teams and two are FCS move ups. We (fans)are trying to get to little higher ground. The rest of SBC teams are rated below 100 on a regular basis. That's the company you like? I know baseball is your favorite sport, but it is garnish in college sports.
    No one, including me, said it was the company I like. I AM saying it's tough to say this league is beneath us until we dominate it. Many of you are _____ing about CCU because it's another FCS moveup. I'm saying FCS move ups that come in and challenge immediately help this league.

    BTW, Coastal is ranked #1 in the FCS this week.

  8. #268
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,214

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    No one, including me, said it was the company I like. I AM saying it's tough to say this league is beneath us until we dominate it. Many of you are _____ing about CCU because it's another FCS moveup. I'm saying FCS move ups that come in and challenge immediately help this league.

    BTW, Coastal is ranked #1 in the FCS this week.
    Jay, you are 100% correct that they help the league. Most fans, including me, agree with that. What we DON'T agree with is UL being in this league. We are one of only 5 FBS programs that have never been FCS or 1AA who are NOT in at least the MWC or AAC. The others are New Mexico State, USM, Rice and UTEP.

    Neither UL, nor any of the other 4, fit in a move-up/transition league like the SBC or CUSA [which, in my opinion is better than the Sun Belt, but still a move up/transition league].

    The UL adminstration, both on Rhinehart and in Martin Hall, have shown precious little interest in bettering our conference affiliation, and in fact, have been very clear in their actions that they are very happy to remain here.

  9. #269
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Jay, you are 100% correct that they help the league. Most fans, including me, agree with that. What we DON'T agree with is UL being in this league. We are one of only 5 FBS programs that have never been FCS or 1AA who are NOT in at least the MWC or AAC. The others are New Mexico State, USM, Rice and UTEP.

    Neither UL, nor any of the other 4, fit in a move-up/transition league like the SBC or CUSA [which, in my opinion is better than the Sun Belt, but still a move up/transition league].

    The UL adminstration, both on Rhinehart and in Martin Hall, have shown precious little interest in bettering our conference affiliation, and in fact, have been very clear in their actions that they are very happy to remain here.
    I understand VO. What I am doing is questioning those who have continually suggested CCU doesn't help the league. Most of those same people said the same thing about App and GS. (Of course, they've changed their tune now.)

    It's been the same old "damn....we're a bunch of FCS callups." I get the fact just about everyone I know would rather be in a different league. But using our additions as a reason the SBC sucks is not only misguided...it's untrue.

  10. #270
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,054

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    I think the only thing that remains to be seen is whether their attendance matches their new capacity when all the renovations are complete.


  11. #271
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,803

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I understand VO. What I am doing is questioning those who have continually suggested CCU doesn't help the league. Most of those same people said the same thing about App and GS. (Of course, they've changed their tune now.)

    It's been the same old "damn....we're a bunch of FCS callups." I get the fact just about everyone I know would rather be in a different league. But using our additions as a reason the SBC sucks is not only misguided...it's untrue.
    The SBC did itself no favors by chasing markets in the past. Denver, FIU, FAU, Georgia State, UTA, should never have been invited.

    I have long been a believer in the long range conference building plan. Additions to your conference should add value and stability to your league or bring potential to do so. Not in terms of TV contracts, which are made of fairy dust as we soon shall see in CUSA, but in terms of Bowl potential, NCAA tourney revenue potential, fanbase, and budget soundness. They don't have to have everything but if they have at least 2 of these, they are on the right track.

    You build a conference based on these pillars, and it can withstand the winds of change. You build one based on fairy dust, and you see what has happened.

    The last 3 additions have been the best additions to the league since the league was founded.

  12. #272
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,214

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The SBC did itself no favors by chasing markets in the past. Denver, FIU, FAU, Georgia State, UTA, should never have been invited.

    I have long been a believer in the long range conference building plan. Additions to your conference should add value and stability to your league or bring potential to do so. Not in terms of TV contracts, which are made of fairy dust as we soon shall see in CUSA, but in terms of Bowl potential, NCAA tourney revenue potential, fanbase, and budget soundness. They don't have to have everything but if they have at least 2 of these, they are on the right track.

    You build a conference based on these pillars, and it can withstand the winds of change. You build one based on fairy dust, and you see what has happened.

    The last 3 additions have been the best additions to the league since the league was founded.
    The folks at Troy would like a word with you. They, and I, contend that the jury is still out on those 3 adds. They may be great, they may be flashes in the pan, or in the case of CCU, a total dud. Only time will tell, and one season is not enough time.

  13. #273
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are in a glorified FCS league.

    GEAUX check the Massey ratings and compare the Belt with CUSA!!! Especially the teams for each in the top 50 or 60 and then the post 100s!!!


  14. #274
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,160

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    FCS+ boomer......massey ratings don't matter


  15. #275
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,160

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    CUSA IS perceived as the better Conference.....


  16. #276
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    CUSA IS perceived as the better Conference.....
    ---NO ____ ???? What the hell do you think I posted??? the rankings are very surprising but all think the CUSAs are much better!!!

  17. #277
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---NO ____ ???? What the hell do you think I posted??? the rankings are very surprising but all think the CUSAs are much better!!!
    The rest of the Country sees CUSA as the better Conference....and the more we add FCS start ups the worse the perception.....as a Conference we had no choice....

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,502

    Default Re: Coastal Carolina

    Bump


Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •