Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I think I read somewhere that over 1/2 of their donations for athletics come from a group of 16 people. While it would be nice to have those 16, I would prefer to be in the donor position we are in.
    They also fundraise. Skip Holtz isn't getting on the phone and trying to squeeze your already entrenched donors for more. Lou Holtz might be on the phone trying to get more money for his tiny tike Skip, but I digress. If we did things like they did...god help them. They would be left in the dust. Lucky for them...we are on our front porch...sipping lemonade and reading the Advertiser.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LOL Cajun! You can say Big 12 is your landing spot all you want but that doesn't make it realistic. And your calling US delusional? Your very own Admin can't decide what they want to be referred to so this is all quite humorous to me.
    You can't stand it that a smaller university is doing more with less. I asked you what Tech fans are being unrealistic about? Please, please tell me...
    So, How are we being delusional about facility improvements? Our DAC/APC is ready for this season & planning has recently begun on our Westside pressbox/Suites expansion.
    So is BBB going to have another one of those 2000 day late clocks like they did for the EZ facility [which is nice, but a stupid place to put high dollar donors, IMO]?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So is BBB going to have another one of those 2000 day late clocks like they did for the EZ facility [which is nice, but a stupid place to put high dollar donors, IMO]?
    The soil samples (press boxes have soil?) will hold the project up until the next decade.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Sir, I have had an inside tour of our new APC. I can assure you no mid-major in several states has anything close to that as far as providing for the needs of student athletes and coaches.
    I hear there is one being built at Memphis as good or better. But they may be ready for the Big XII

SunBelt Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I hear there is one being built at Memphis as good or better. But they may be ready for the Big XII

SunBelt Forever
    Sounds like we need an international company to sponsor us to keep up.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't worry Duggie, we got a hire name Jim who has ties to all the big boys, and heavy Corporate hitters. We will probably be building that second deck soon after the ink dries on his contract.

SunBelt Foerver

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot...ss-of.html?m=1

"The Sun Belt did not make this decision because Coastal Carolina was the most qualified candidate. They were not convinced by an impressive attendance number or a plan of action that stated exactly how the Chanticleers were going to be able to pay for an expensive, permanent upgrade to the costs and expenses of FBS football."

"Let's cut to the chase. Coastal Carolina is not an FBS-ready school right now. Period."

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot...ss-of.html?m=1

"The Sun Belt did not make this decision because Coastal Carolina was the most qualified candidate. They were not convinced by an impressive attendance number or a plan of action that stated exactly how the Chanticleers were going to be able to pay for an expensive, permanent upgrade to the costs and expenses of FBS football."

"Let's cut to the chase. Coastal Carolina is not an FBS-ready school right now. Period."
    One that is ranked #1 in the FCS this week.

Default I just sprayed for roaches

I used to enjoy the delusional ramblings of Blue Boy, but lately he has not added anything intelligent to the discussion, so I put him on as my one and only "ignore" list person.

Now he can go back to his trailer park and brag about being put on ignore by Cajun fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Kind of what I'm thinking.

If we were to play Coastal Carolina this weekend, would our players, coaches and fans walk away after the game thinking "No way they're ready for FBS football"??

Doubtful. Not if they're close to the level of NDSU, Montana or SDSU.

Blog Entries

I don't think they are saying the CC team couldn't hang, they are saying the program doesn't qualify.

Kind of like the kid who is not old enough to get in this movie, is not old enough to get a drivers license, is underage and must not drink.

Who knows perhaps this kid could drink you under the table and drive you to a movie. Still doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize they were that good.

I apologize in advance for saying something positive on Ragin Pagin, but it looks like the Sun Belt knocked this one out of the park. They'll be at the top of the conference in baseball, basketball, and football. What more could you want?

When they join, they'll have a 20,000 seat stadium. And unlike half of the Sun Belt and C-USA, they might actually fill the damn thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    it looks like the Sun Belt knocked this one out of the park. They'll be at the top of the conference in baseball, basketball, and football. What more could you want? ...
    The very last thing you could ever want is for an unqualified new comer to instantly be "at the top of the conference."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The very last thing you could ever want is for an unqualified new comer to instantly be "at the top of the conference."
    Why do you say that? I skipped over part of this conversation. What makes them "unqualified?"

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Why do you say that? I skipped over part of this conversation. What makes them "unqualified?"
    Because it would show how ____ poor the Sun Belt is. So far we are absolutely terrible as a league.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Because it would show how ____ poor the Sun Belt is. So far we are absolutely terrible as a league.
    So your answer is to never invite any good schools to join the Sun Belt?

No, not at all. He is saying the SBC sucks, and every good FCS teams comes in and owns the conference, places us in bad company. By your bizarro all or nothing logic we should evict all the horrible FBS teams and bring in a couple of more top line FCS teams. That may not be a bad plan, but it still does not have us in a conference with a couple of P5 wins, and several wins over better G5 teams. No we are still in a conference with wins over two weak FCS team.

We are still not only comfortable here but NOW I am certain happiest here.

Geaux Cajuns Beat the Demons

SunBelt Forever

No, not at all. He is saying the SBC sucks, and every good FCS teams comes in and owns the conference, places us in bad company. By your bizarro all or nothing logic we should evict all the horrible FBS teams and bring in a couple of more top line FCS teams. That may not be a bad plan, but it still does not have us in a conference with a couple of P5 wins, and several wins over better G5 teams. No we are still in a conference with wins over two weak FCS team.

We are still not only comfortable here but NOW I am certain happiest here.

SunBelt Forever
    The Sun Belt sucks? No kidding.

If Ga Southern, Coastal Carolina, and App. State come in and perform well it means we suck less as a conference than we used to. I'm glad those three teams are in the Sun Belt. Those teams will make the Sun Belt a better conference. I'm really not sure I understand what the issue is with inviting better teams?

I'm glad you're happy in the Sun Belt, but don't speak for the rest of us. "We" are not happy staying in the Sun Belt.

So your answer is to never invite any good schools to join the Sun Belt?
    Hey Rebel, heres another good school just right for the SBC and us. Today sitting at NO. 3 in the FCS world is SLU. Man that is just a short bus ride away, and would be a great rival. Bounce NMSU, and Idaho bring in SLU and EKU. You do recall ULMost was a national FCS champion at one time also. Man I'm pulling out the Delta 88 from 1968 for that ride.

SunBelt Forever

Hey Rebel, heres another good school just right for the SBC and us. Today sitting at NO. 3 in the FCS world is SLU. Man that is just a short bus ride away, and would be a great rival. Bounce NMSU, and Idaho bring in SLU and EKU. You do recall ULMost was a national FCS champion at one time also. Man I'm pulling out the Delta 88 from 1968 for that ride.

SunBelt Forever
    Good point.

The question that drives realignment isn't "how good is this program now," but "how good will this program be over the next 20 years?" This is why terrible programs with lots of resources like Tulane were invited over schools like Southern Miss. Anyone can look at ULM and see that they've hit their ceiling. They don't have the resources to do any better than they're doing right now. I think the same thing goes for SLU, who has a budget the size of ULM's and are in a state that's working to cut that budget in half. Coastal Carolina has more resources than those schools. They have a bigger budget that UL, and it seems like they've developed solid, consistent athletic programs. Will they make the conference stronger over the next 20 years? Who the hell knows?

A name is just a name. Boise State was once just a crappy FCS school no one ever heard of. So was WKU, MT, UTSA, Ga Southern, etc. But after a year or two the FCS label goes out the window. If for some crazy reason the Sun Belt starts to kick butt we'll be known as good G5 conference. If the opposite happens, then we're just a crappy G5 conference. If a school like CC can come and help us kick butt, I'm all for it.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast