Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

  1. #81
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is online now Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Can you be comfortable with how courageous you have been?


  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Why fight the fight if you don't have the stomach for it. Its easier to give it up. Certainly not surprised, though.

    Z

    Statement of the year: "You can be comfortable or courageous, but you can't be both."
    But sometimes it seems "courageous" just means agreeing with us.

    And that seems to be a pretty comfortable stance.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,570

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Speaking of comfort..
    On my way to the airport yesterday, my biz partner and I decided to stop for a beer at CB.
    Of course our illustrious AD was in his booth. As soon as we sat down (maybe 5 minutes went by) he walked out. It looked abrupt, but I could be misreading..

    I'm probably being too self-involved, but it FELT like my presents there disturbed Scotty. Just wondering. Red Badgers gunna Red Badge I suppose..


  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,591

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of comfort..
    On my way to the airport yesterday, my biz partner and I decided to stop for a beer at CB.
    Of course our illustrious AD was in his booth. As soon as we sat down (maybe 5 minutes went by) he walked out. It looked abrupt, but I could be misreading..

    I'm probably being too self-involved, but it FELT like my presents there disturbed Scotty. Just wondering. Red Badgers gunna Red Badge I suppose..
    You interrupted his "work". I for one will never chide another person for drinking or going to a bar to be social. There ain't nothing wrong with that. But for all that is holy...one week before football season starts and our AD has time to kill a few pints at a bar? I wonder if Joe Alleva frequents bars on work nights?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,736

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    "Roll Tide"
    "Hook 'em Horns"
    "Boomer Sooner"

    "Geaux Cajuns"

    Bigger institutions than ours have marketed and built tradition around their logos/nicknames.

    I'm guessing you'll soon be changing your screen name to "LouisianaT"

    We'll start a petition to change the RCAF to....I don't know what, because the new acronym has the great potential to be pretty humiliating.

    Turbine, I expect the page will soon be changed to "Louisiana Pagin'"
    And they still go by Alabama Texas and Oklahoma. Which begs the first question are we dropping Louisiana and replacing with one and only?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    A friend of mine saw these on sale at the Cypress Bayou Casino gift shop for $23!!

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,384
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    He didn't buy? He could have at least left the casino with something.


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    A friend of mine saw these on sale at the Cypress Bayou Casino gift shop for $23!!
    It's part of the half price sale on everything promotion they are doing before they move the gift shop. Mostly just woman's watches left. I did pick up a flur de lis waffle maker for $25.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He didn't buy? He could have at least left the casino with something.
    Turb, he actually DID buy himself one! He's also one of the heads of security there.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of comfort..
    On my way to the airport yesterday, my biz partner and I decided to stop for a beer at CB.
    Of course our illustrious AD was in his booth. As soon as we sat down (maybe 5 minutes went by) he walked out. It looked abrupt, but I could be misreading..

    I'm probably being too self-involved, but it FELT like my presents there disturbed Scotty. Just wondering. Red Badgers gunna Red Badge I suppose..
    Let me be the first to commend you for giving him presents. Nice gesture.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,384
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    "One and Only Ragin' Cajuns" is National branding at its best.

    The negativity I felt by its isolation, was somewhat alleviated today by the campus video that was released with its mostly "Louisiana" focus.


  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,487

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "One and Only Ragin' Cajuns" is National branding at its best.

    The negativity I felt by its isolation, was somewhat alleviated today by the campus video that was released with its mostly "Louisiana" focus.
    I agree: it's pretty clear with that video that they have not abandoned the "Louisiana" brand. Sorry, Stodg____ & company, lol.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,487

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    .......and from the UL Convocation

    https://www.facebook.com/ragincajuns...type=1&theater

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #94

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?
















  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,487

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    We are definitely not getting rid of the 'Louisiana' brand. Nor should we, because it is perfectly legal and ethical....no matter how often the little laturd fellas say otherwise.

    This is from the FB page.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #96
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    You sure about that? I don't see that pic on the official Facebook page


  17. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,487

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    You sure about that? I don't see that pic on the official Facebook page
    Absolutely sure.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ragin...3338?ref=br_rs

  18. #98
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,146

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    You mean that partial Louisians blotted out by an extremity.


  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,384
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    We are definitely not getting rid of the 'Louisiana' brand. Nor should we, because it is perfectly legal and ethical....no matter how often the little laturd fellas say otherwise.

    This is from the FB page.
    In conjunction with this "One and Only" is brilliant marketing.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,487

    Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In conjunction with this "One and Only" is brilliant marketing.
    Agreed: I like it....as long as they include 'Louisiana' in it as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •