Thread: Georgia Southern

Default Georgia Southern

These guys seem to be pretty good at almost all sports, how is it that they didn't have to play us in football 2 years in a row??

Blog Entries

Default Re: Georgia Southern

our pal benson

Gives the SBC two teams that have legitimate chances to run the table and make the access bowl.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    These guys seem to be pretty good at almost all sports, how is it that they didn't have to play us in football 2 years in a row??
    Nothing new here. The same teams play this year as last. Home and home. We get them ifor the next two seasons.

The SBC sucks about a lot, not this. All we had to do was beat App St like they did.

I agree we should have beat app state. I have the Cajuns going 10-2 possibly 11-1 during the regular season. Georgia southern will probably geaux undefeated in the belt again. They might also have a 10 or 11 win season.

GASO starting Qb is out for 2 games plus they will drop one to App state 8-4 at best

West Virginia

L

W Michigan---L

The Citadel---W

Idaho--- W

UL Monroe-- W/L revenge game

New Mexico St---W

@Appalachian St---L

Texas State

W

Troy

W

#9 Georgia---L

South Alabama--W

Georgia State

W

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The football question has been answered. To the point about good at all sports, they were good in football, basketball and a few other sports but they were also terrible in some as well. They actually finished 9th in the All-Sports Cup (Bubas Cup)

Why doesn't SBC have a champ game?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Not yet legal. Need 12 teams. But U knew that.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Why doesn't SBC have a champ game?
    I'm assuming you're asking without sarcasm, but until a little later you still need to have 12 teams. I hope they don't have even if they were able unless there would be a large dollar reason to have it. JMO

No I didn't know that. Thx. You definitely need one though so you can have 1 true champ out of SBC. For some reason I thought the SBC had 12 in the past.

Instead of an official championship game with division winners and 12 teams blah, blah, blah, they just need "and 1" game. If one team ends the season with the best conference record, they win the conference. If two tie for best conference record and the two teams did not play in the regular season, the team with the best overall record hosts the game between the two to have an outright champ. No more "co". That decision can be made now and start immediately.

I agree we should have beat app state. I have the Cajuns going 10-2 possibly 11-1 during the regular season. Georgia southern will probably geaux undefeated in the belt again. They might also have a 10 or 11 win season.
    I want to be optimistic but dayum, that's a stout final record. As for Ga Southern, I'll be surprised if they can do that again this year. They lost some key people on the Oline and their starting qb is suspended for the first two games for academics.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't forget guys that Georgia Southern beat TXST and ULM in 2 very close games that they could very easily have lost.....there are very few blowouts in this league

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Don't forget guys that Georgia Southern beat TXST and ULM in 2 very close games that they could very easily have lost.....there are very few blowouts in this league
    They got away with a targeting call against ULM that would have given ULM 1st and goal with time running out. Worst no call of the season for us.