_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Louisiana 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule

  1. UL Basketball Louisiana 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule



    A rugged non-conference slate that features games at UCLA, Miami (Fla.), Alabama, Louisiana Tech and Pepperdine, home games against in-state foes McNeese State and New Orleans, plus a 20-game Sun Belt Conference schedule highlight the 2015-16 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball schedule that was released on Tuesday.


  2. #2
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,079

    Default Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Crazy Conference Setup again this year

    http://espn1420.com/cajuns-announce-...oops-schedule/


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    840

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    football. baseball and softball bring in quality opponents why cant bb I pay good money to keep good seat why cant I see good teams come to the dome am I just whining or do I have a point


  4. #4
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,079

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    football. baseball and softball bring in quality opponents why cant bb I pay good money to keep good seat why cant I see good teams come to the dome am I just whining or do I have a point
    While your point is a good one, this has been discussed in other threads on this board. There really is a "why"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    football. baseball and softball bring in quality opponents why cant bb I pay good money to keep good seat why cant I see good teams come to the dome am I just whining or do I have a point
    There is a why and while it will take money, innovative thinking and good relationships. Bringing in better opponents at home isn't against NCAA rules or anything. It can be done.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    840

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    While your point is a good one, this has been discussed in other threads on this board. There really is a "why"
    I am sorry I must have missed those being serious here what is the reason.

  7. #7
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,079

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    check out the thread entitled "You think We've got issues??"


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Maybe Harris can get Indiana to agree to a home and home in the 3 major sports, with his Indiana ties... That is one sure fire way to win over those fence sitters!

    I know... I'd be shocked. But we can dream, right?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    840

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    check out the thread entitled "You think We've got issues??"
    thanks J

  10. #10
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Maybe Harris can get Indiana to agree to a home and home in the 3 major sports, with his Indiana ties... That is one sure fire way to win over those fence sitters!

    I know... I'd be shocked. But we can dream, right?
    We have enough home and homes. Marlin needs three additional home games to have enough home games for something. Apparently there is some reason three non division one games is better than 1.5 home games per year.

    Since the swim coach and Bob can't come up with money to buy the div 1 games.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    950

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Schedules like this will ease the pain of being reseated next year.
    Not sure which Lazy Boy to invest in. ;0)


  12. #12
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,032

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Crazy Conference Setup again this year

    http://espn1420.com/cajuns-announce-...oops-schedule/
    Help me out BOP. An exhibition game on December 30th??? WTH

  13. #13
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Help me out BOP. An exhibition game on December 30th??? WTH
    He talked about on his show earlier. Because of the lack of games between before Christmas and after New Years, they decided to play an exhibition game. I am pretty sure it was South Alabama that did this last year.

  14. #14
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    He talked about on his show earlier. Because of the lack of games between before Christmas and after New Years, they decided to play an exhibition game. I am pretty sure it was South Alabama that did this last year.
    Thats cool. I hope they play the Harlem Globetrotters!

    Z

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    And 1st conference game vs. ULM (at Monroe) Dec. 3. That's early!


  16. #16
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,393

    Default Re: Louisiana Announces 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule

    I wish both of the west coast games (UCLA, Pepperdine) weren't a Tuesday/Friday setup as that would have been a nice trip on a Thursday/Saturday type weekend trip. JMO


  17. #17
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    The conference made the schedule and let geographic rivals schedule one of their games on their own. December 3rd is the date that both teams agreed upon.


  18. #18
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,079

    Default Re: Louisiana Announces 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule

    Yeah, but you'd miss the New Orleans Bowl.


  19. #19
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Louisiana Announces 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Yeah, but you'd miss the New Orleans Bowl.
    Or the Cure Bowl, because that is where we will be playing this year.

  20. #20
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: Men's Basketball Schedule Released

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We have enough home and homes. Marlin needs three additional home games to have enough home games for something. Apparently there is some reason three non division one games is better than 1.5 home games per year.

    Since the swim coach and Bob can't come up with money to buy the div 1 games.
    We have two non D1 games this year, not three. Granted that is one too many. We do play two exhibition games against non D1 opponents. Those do not count on the record however. I spoke to a staff member last week who passed on that we had a verbal agreement for a home and home with Southeastern Louisiana this year. That meant we would have played the Lions twice this year. However, before the deal could be finalized the Lions backed out and only wanted the game in Hammond this year. Our staff did not want to do that as that would have left them with several more road games than home games. We may start a home and home with them soon however. In general, I agree with Cajun Express in that we need to be able to buy a D1 home game. La Tech is buying two this year at a cost of over 120 grand. I have a hard time believing they have more resources than us for basketball. They may have one big basketball donor helping in that regard. That may be something increased RCAF funding could help with. Lots of folks would say that is not a higher priority than some of the planned facility projects however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •