Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Secret's out: Jim Harris chosen to lead RCAF

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Secret's out: Jim Harris chosen to lead RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Who has Farmer hired that has been spot on?
    We shouldn't credit Jim Harris to Scott. The RCAF board should own this hire. If Scott influenced the hire, it's their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We shouldn't credit Jim Harris to Scott. The RCAF board should own this hire. If Scott influenced the hire, it's their fault.
    Bingo.

I'm hoping Mr. Harris kicks down the doors' though. Didn't he increase donations to one of the booster groups in his previous job by 900%? I'll settle for just a modest 327% increase over the next five years.

100% agreed.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Bingo.

I'm hoping Mr. Harris kicks down the doors' though. Didn't he increase donations to one of the booster groups in his previous job by 900%? I'll settle for just a modest 327% increase over the next five years.
    I hope you are right, but neither university that he served at before UL received more contributions than UL has currently.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Touché

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Bingo.

I hope we get 2000% out of him. But I don't really think it's fair to look at other programs and assess what our fund generation should be/could be/will be. I know you don't either.

I'm very happy we have an RCAF ED. I don't like what I understood went on during this process... but Jim Harris is our man right now. And he is not at fault for the issues we've been fighting over.

I'd like for all of us to separate the support for Jim... and our aggravations with the administration. Some don't even have aggravations with the administration. Regardless, we need to support Jim 100% in order to help our university.

You know... when I first checked out the babes in the room I thought I had a shot at... no matter what ____ blocked me as the evening went on... whoever I danced with at the end of the night became the lady that got all of my attention. I've never gotten any satisfaction out of the girl that I missed out on.

I hope we get 2000% out of him. But I don't really think it's fair to look at other programs and assess what our fund generation should be/could be/will be. I know you don't either.

I'm very happy we have an RCAF ED. I don't like what I understood went on during this process... but Jim Harris is our man right now. And he is not at fault for the issues we've been fighting over.

I'd like for all of us to separate the support for Jim... and our aggravations with the administration. Some don't even have aggravations with the administration. Regardless, we need to support Jim 100% in order to help our university.

You know... when I first checked out the babes in the room I thought I had a shot at... no matter what ____ blocked me as the evening went on... whoever I danced with at the end of the night became the lady that got all of my attention. I've never gotten any satisfaction out of the girl that I missed out on.
    I can Agee with THIS and the last paragraph.

All good points J1M.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Just Bobby Big Fish. Hud was David Walker's swan song.
    I've never quite understood this thought. Do you have some sort of evidence that Walker made the hire on his own? Walker wanted nothing to do with the position at the time of this hire as he was one foot out the door. Why would a lame duck administrator make the hire only to leave shortly after? I think he deferred to Farmer knowing that Farmer would have to work with him in the future. I would imagine that Walker had input in the process and decision making but I think you are quick to take that credit from Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I've never quite understood this thought. Do you have some sort of evidence that Walker made the hire on his own? Walker wanted nothing to do with the position at the time of this hire as he was one foot out the door. Why would a lame duck administrator make the hire only to leave shortly after? I think he deferred to Farmer knowing that Farmer would have to work with him in the future. I would imagine that Walker had input in the process and decision making but I think you are quick to take that credit from Farmer.
    It was well known farmer wanted the georgia southern guy, David walker stated the last thing he would do for the athletic department was make that hire. How much would you wager if Hud was a flop that it would be widely advertised that farmer wasn't the one who hired him. Mike sewak was farmers choice.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It was well known farmer wanted the georgia southern guy, David walker stated the last thing he would do for the athletic department was make that hire. How much would you wager if Hud was a flop that it would be widely advertised that farmer wasn't the one who hired him. Mike sewak was farmers choice.
    I do remember Jay's post on the Georgia Southern guy and cringed. I wonder if he was a...Pure Fundraiser?

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You say he wanted the "georgia Southern guy". Then you say he wanted Sewak.

I wrote a blog right after Ricky Bustle was dismissed. In that blog, Mark Hudspeth was mentioned. I know for a fact he was identified by Scott right away. He brought Hud's name to David Walker. Both interviewed Hud. David Walker put together the financial package.

The "Georgia Southern" guy (Monken...now at Army) was someone Scott liked. But he never asked Monken to interview. I don't even know if Monken ever sent in a resume.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

I wrote a blog right after Ricky Bustle was dismissed. In that blog, Mark Hudspeth was mentioned. I know for a fact he was identified by Scott right away. He brought Hud's name to David Walker. Both interviewed Hud. David Walker put together the financial package.

The "Georgia Southern" guy (Monken...now at Army) was someone Scott liked. But he never asked Monken to interview. I don't even know if Monken ever sent in a resume.
    Did sewak ever coach at georgia southern? Yes or no?

Blog Entries

Jay I'm sooo looking forward to todays interview. I liken it to a state of the union address and my 3rd grader better not have a lot of homework lol.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did sewak ever coach at georgia southern? Yes or no?
    I don't think so. I do know he's been with Paul Johnson at Navy and was at Georgia Tech when the job opened up.

I don't think so. I do know he's been with Paul Johnson at Navy and was at Georgia Tech when the job opened up.
    4 years 02-05... After paul johnson

At the time the article came out...Monken was a name on a lot of people's lips who worked in the Athletic Department. Whether or not that means Farmer liked Monken and Walker liked Hudspeth...we will never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2