Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: UL could name RCAF head

  1. #21
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well I guess we won't win the Bubba Cup. I'm fine with title nine but we cannot fund everything. Frankly I would be fine without men's golf. Probably a conference mandate.
    Pretty sure FBS mandates sponsoring a minimum number of sports (16 I think).

  2. #22
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,178

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well I guess we won't win the Bubba Cup. I'm fine with title nine but we cannot fund everything. Frankly I would be fine without men's golf. Probably a conference mandate.
    NCAA requires a minimum of 16 sports [9 or more of which must be females] for FBS status.

    And, for the record, I am in favor of adding women's golf. No additional coaching expense is necessary, and it is not a headcount sport, so it would be a relatively inexpensive add.

  3. #23
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Now that is ____ing hilarious. This conference will mandate golf but not football?

    Wait, I'm forgetting who our commissioner is and his favorite pastime.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,006

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Now that is ____ing hilarious. This conference will mandate golf but not football?

    Wait, I'm forgetting who our commissioner is and his favorite pastime.
    Sometimes it's amazing how much guys can get obsessed with little white balls. (not knocking golf...been told that as an accountant it's required to be a passable golfer if you want to make it anywhere)

  5. #25
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Now that is ____ing hilarious. This conference will mandate golf but not football?

    Wait, I'm forgetting who our commissioner is and his favorite pastime.

    There is no conference mandate for golf for either sex. We will be the only school without women's golf and that will give other schools a chance to score Cup points.

    But not every school has track. Not every school has softball. Everybody plays baseball now, but we all know North Texas did not.

    But no....no golf mandate. Or track. Or softball. Or soccer.

  6. #26
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,536

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Isn't there a mandate on how many teams you must field to be S-BC member?


  7. #27
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    You have to comply with NCAA FBS regulations on the number of sports you sponsor. And yes, there is a certain number you must have that are SBC Sponsored sports. I think men's and women's basketball and volleyball are mandatory. Not positive.
    It's the "Denver rule"


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Just wanted to drop this in here, a Q & A with Steve Hale. While reading, compare the way this guy answers questions to our current AD. There are many interesting and relevant answers he gives that could be compared to the current state of affairs at UL today: Hale Q & A


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    bump


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,485

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Is the announcement today? I really hope I get the job.


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Is the announcement today? I really hope I get the job.
    Haha, wouldn't it be funny if the 60-something applicants included about 40 regular posters from Ragin Pagin?

    This website reaches across the country, wouldn't that make them "national" applicants?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    HouCajun = a new beginning and access to better seats for me!


  13. #33
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    HouCajun = a new beginning and access to better seats for me!
    Just great. So we go avoid a bubba hire to get an "Oh Brother where art thou?" hire.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    They still print 20's?

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    HouCajun = a new beginning and access to better seats for me!

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    HouCajun = a new beginning and access to better seats for me!
    Prove your sources or it didn't happen..

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Prove your sources or it didn't happen..
    I get my info straight from HouCajun. He was in the mix until Hale started whining about not getting a fair shot. Now it looks like neither will make the final 5. Disappointing, but chances are this job will be open again next year after Farmer screws up this hire.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I get my info straight from HouCajun. He was in the mix until Hale started whining about not getting a fair shot. Now it looks like neither will make the final 5. Disappointing, but chances are this job will be open again next year after Farmer screws up this hire.
    HouCajun or HoustonCajun... Misleading! Obviously lies

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    They are a package deal. One will raise money the other will fire off tersely worded emails to anyone who dares to call us ULL or Lou Lafay.


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

    Now that's a campaign I can get behind


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •