Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL could name RCAF head

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well I guess we won't win the Bubba Cup. I'm fine with title nine but we cannot fund everything. Frankly I would be fine without men's golf. Probably a conference mandate.
    Pretty sure FBS mandates sponsoring a minimum number of sports (16 I think).

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL could name RCAF head

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well I guess we won't win the Bubba Cup. I'm fine with title nine but we cannot fund everything. Frankly I would be fine without men's golf. Probably a conference mandate.
    NCAA requires a minimum of 16 sports [9 or more of which must be females] for FBS status.

And, for the record, I am in favor of adding women's golf. No additional coaching expense is necessary, and it is not a headcount sport, so it would be a relatively inexpensive add.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Now that is ____ing hilarious. This conference will mandate golf but not football?

Wait, I'm forgetting who our commissioner is and his favorite pastime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Now that is ____ing hilarious. This conference will mandate golf but not football?

Sometimes it's amazing how much guys can get obsessed with little white balls. (not knocking golf...been told that as an accountant it's required to be a passable golfer if you want to make it anywhere)

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post

There is no conference mandate for golf for either sex. We will be the only school without women's golf and that will give other schools a chance to score Cup points.

But not every school has track. Not every school has softball. Everybody plays baseball now, but we all know North Texas did not.

But no....no golf mandate. Or track. Or softball. Or soccer.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Isn't there a mandate on how many teams you must field to be S-BC member?

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You have to comply with NCAA FBS regulations on the number of sports you sponsor. And yes, there is a certain number you must have that are SBC Sponsored sports. I think men's and women's basketball and volleyball are mandatory. Not positive.
    It's the "Denver rule"

Just wanted to drop this in here, a Q & A with Steve Hale. While reading, compare the way this guy answers questions to our current AD. There are many interesting and relevant answers he gives that could be compared to the current state of affairs at UL today: Hale Q & A

bump

Is the announcement today? I really hope I get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Is the announcement today? I really hope I get the job.
    Haha, wouldn't it be funny if the 60-something applicants included about 40 regular posters from Ragin Pagin?

This website reaches across the country, wouldn't that make them "national" applicants?

I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    HouCajun = a new beginning and access to better seats for me!

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I was not going to make my wishes known in this board, but now that he has revealed his candidacy I am supporting HouCajun 100%! We are are looking for an independent voice, right? Well he will not by swayed by the cronyism on Reinhart Drive. In fact, he will not even know it is going on since he will be living in Houston. He won't even have to try to avoid Scott Farmer!
    Qualifications? Way more than that wannabe Steve Hale. And who has access to more high rollers, a dude who lives in Mobile or a high flying executive in Houston who uses $20 bills as napkins. Heck, Hale could not even get rid of that gawd awful tunnel that delays countless beach vacations.
    hale = same old same old
    Just great. So we go avoid a bubba hire to get an "Oh Brother where art thou?" hire.

They still print 20's?

hale = same old same old

hale = same old same old
    Prove your sources or it didn't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Prove your sources or it didn't happen..
    I get my info straight from HouCajun. He was in the mix until Hale started whining about not getting a fair shot. Now it looks like neither will make the final 5. Disappointing, but chances are this job will be open again next year after Farmer screws up this hire.

I get my info straight from HouCajun. He was in the mix until Hale started whining about not getting a fair shot. Now it looks like neither will make the final 5. Disappointing, but chances are this job will be open again next year after Farmer screws up this hire.
    HouCajun or HoustonCajun... Misleading! Obviously lies

They are a package deal. One will raise money the other will fire off tersely worded emails to anyone who dares to call us ULL or Lou Lafay.

Now that's a campaign I can get behind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2