Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More UAB Troubles?

Default Re: More UAB Troubles?

*Mr. Express, if someone had told you 10 years ago that the programs would be where we are now, you would said they were crazy. Nothing is never as good or as bad as the extremists say.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We need to
    A: Quit worrying about UAB
    B: Quit worrying about the next conference shakeup we're very happy in the SBC
    C: Recognize the next SBC team to CUSA is USA. Followed by GaSouthern, TxSt, GaSt.

In plain words just get used to this. We know Boomer is on board with his blind allegiance to anyone with UL Lafayette in their job title.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    *Mr. Express, if someone had told you 10 years ago that the programs would be where we are now, you would said they were crazy. Nothing is never as good or as bad as the extremists say.
    Words of wisdom.

We should focus on beating a team of any real substance before we worry about a new conference. We haven't beaten anyone other than the teams we were supposed to in the last 4 years. Not one, we have a lot to work on.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    We should focus on beating a team of any real substance before we worry about a new conference. We haven't beaten anyone other than the teams we were supposed to in the last 4 years. Not one, we have a lot to work on.
    What about the Bowl games? Werent we underdogs in at least two of them? I don't remember the spreads but I thought we were dogs to ECU and Nevada. Your point is well taken on the regular season though.

Blog Entries

On the surface that sounds reasonable.

The branding marketer in me says otherwise, it says this is a bash awkward growth model.

UL has proven two things beyond a shadow of a doubt. First that they are capable of being upset by their peers, AND (two) to a much greater extent that they are capable of dominating their peers.

Based on those two truths, the next hyper logical move is to change or move up in peer group status.

Lets look at the situation this way; UL has proven two things in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    What about the Bowl games? Werent we underdogs in at least two of them? I don't remember the spreads but I thought we were dogs to ECU and Nevada. Your point is well taken on the regular season though.
    I thought we were dogs in all 4?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I thought we were dogs in all 4?
    i think we may have had the edge on Tulane.

but we've also been dogs in sunbelt games and i dont consider those to be the upsets that banana is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i think we may have had the edge on Tulane.

but we've also been dogs in sunbelt games and i dont consider those to be the upsets that banana is talking about.
    I think you're right on Tulane. If I remember right, spread was -2.5

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm pretty sure we were also favored against ECU. I remember being pretty surprised when the line came out.

But we were definitely underdogs against SDSU and Nevada.....

No, no we shouldn't. We should have been worried about getting in a better conference 10 years ago like our peers were. Excuse my French, but this is bologna!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were also favored against ECU. I remember being pretty surprised when the line came out.

But we were definitely underdogs against SDSU and Nevada.....
    I do believe we were favored against ECU. Not too many nights ago I read an old thread on another forum and their fans were definitely talking as though they were the underdogs according to the line.

We were favored on the road against tulane? With a qb who had a broken arm? Sure we weren't 2.5 dogs?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...t_for_uab.html

Still no new contract for UAB football coach Bill Clark and doubts about the process.

According to people familiar with the process, the school has yet to make a concrete offer to Clark or his agents, Russ Campbell and Patrick Strong of Balch Sports, and there's been no reasonable explanation for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post

Still no new contract for UAB football coach Bill Clark and doubts about the process.

According to people familiar with the process, the school has yet to make a concrete offer to Clark or his agents, Russ Campbell and Patrick Strong of Balch Sports, and there's been no reasonable explanation for the delay.
    Maybe we should start calling it a frUAB.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post

Doesn't matter. They won't take UL Lafayette. USA next up. Quit worrying about UAB. We are jumping in bed with CCU sans FBS football. They got good basketball and baseball. FBS football on fastrack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2