Six members of the University of Louisiana's water ski team racked up a slew of high finishes during recent international competition in Seseña, Spain.
Three of those members—Giannina Bonnemann, Taryn Grant, and Dane Mechler—earned first place finishes at the recent Under 21 World Water Ski Championship Tournament.
UL athletes, and the events in which they placed, are:
- Bonnemann, first overall in women's competition, second in trick skiing, fifth in jumping, and fourth in slalom;
- Jaret Bull, fourth in men's slalom;
- Grant, first in women's slalom, second in jumping, and fourth overall;
- Brittany Greenwood, fourth in women's jumping;
- Dane Mechler, first in men's slalom; and,
- Charlotte Wharton, eighth in women's jumping.
The tournament was hosted by the International Waterski and Wakeboard Federation.
Individual medals for slalom, tricks and jumping were awarded based on athletes' placements within their division. Overall titles were awarded in each division to athletes competing in all three events.
Visit http://www.iwsf.com/ for more event information and results.
Members of UL's water ski team competed at a recent water ski world championship tournament in Spain. Pictured are: front, Jonah Shaffer; middle row, left to right, Brittany Greenwood, Giannina Bonnemann, Charlotte Wharton, and Taryn Grant; and, back row, Christopher Wharton, Jaret Bull, Dane Mechler, and Cole Grant (assistant coach).