Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Blake Trahan

UL Baseball Blake Trahan Reds Top Prospect

On the list of Reds top prospects Blake comes in at #17 with an ETA of 2018

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 30 | Run: 65 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55 | Overall: 45
    Never to shy away from a solid college infielder -- Alex Blandino and Taylor Sparks in 2014 were the most recent examples -- the Reds were pleasantly surprised Traha was around in the third round of the 2015 Draft, though he still became the highest-drafted player from Louisiana Lafayette in school history.

At the plate, Trahan has a good feel to hit. There had been some concern about his setup and swing, but the Reds felt it wasn't as noisy as they were led to believe. He has a good approach and walked more than he struck out during his time in the rookie-level Pioneer League. He's a better athlete than Blandino, with more speed, albeit with less power. His speed works on both sides of the ball, giving him enough range to both sides, along with a solid arm, to stick at shortstop.

Trahan jumped on a bit of a faster track by leaping up to the Florida State League to end his summer, where he played very well in Daytona's playoff run. The plan is to let him play short almost exclusively as he gets his pro career going in earnest.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Blake Trahan Reds Top Prospect

Very cool. Great for Blake.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun985 View Post
    On the list of Reds top prospects Blake comes in at #17 with an ETA of 2018

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 30 | Run: 65 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55 | Overall: 45
    Never to shy away from a solid college infielder -- Alex Blandino and Taylor Sparks in 2014 were the most recent examples -- the Reds were pleasantly surprised Traha was around in the third round of the 2015 Draft, though he still became the highest-drafted player from Louisiana Lafayette in school history.

At the plate, Trahan has a good feel to hit. There had been some concern about his setup and swing, but the Reds felt it wasn't as noisy as they were led to believe. He has a good approach and walked more than he struck out during his time in the rookie-level Pioneer League. He's a better athlete than Blandino, with more speed, albeit with less power. His speed works on both sides of the ball, giving him enough range to both sides, along with a solid arm, to stick at shortstop.

Trahan jumped on a bit of a faster track by leaping up to the Florida State League to end his summer, where he played very well in Daytona's playoff run. The plan is to let him play short almost exclusively as he gets his pro career going in earnest.
    Excellent!! Thanks.

Z

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I sure hope he can make it to the show at SS before Bregman. Shouldn't be that hard unless Bregman gets traded.

Trahan is a stud!

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Blake, come back.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I sure hope he can make it to the show at SS before Bregman. Shouldn't be that hard unless Bregman gets traded.

Trahan is a stud!
    I don't care what Bregman does. College is done.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don't care what Bregman does. College is done.
    I'm a bigger Astros fan than Cajun baseball fan. So he has bearing on my fandom.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Trahan is a stud!
    Bergman may end up at 2nd

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm a bigger Astros fan than Cajun baseball fan. So he has bearing on my fandom.
    Cajun fan. First, last, only. But it's not a dual

Blog Entries

That is strange to hear.

To each his own but......GEAUX CAJUNS!

The main reason I follow any professional sport is to see how Ragin' Cajun players are doing.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Need to call his parents and grand parents to see how he is doing. Had a lot of fun as we watched Blake play from my box.

I'm a bigger Astros fan
    Prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    Prayers sent.
    It's not the same Astros. Last year wasn't a fluke. Bullpen cost them a WS.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Bergman may end up at 2nd
    Bregman's only shot with the Astros is at 3rd base. Altuve and Correa are the new Bagwell and Biggio. They mean too much to the franchise to trade either one.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I'm a bigger Astros fan than Cajun baseball fan.
    What? You cannot be serious. I like the Astros, but they have no soul. What are you talking about C4L? You must have drank some bad beer that you should have spilled on someone. Get your ____ together young man. You DO NOT choose anything but blood over the Cajuns. And you have no blood with the Astros.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    What? You cannot be serious. I like the Astros, but they have no soul. What are you talking about C4L? You must have drank some bad beer that you should have spilled on someone. Get your ____ together young man. You DO NOT choose anything but blood over the Cajuns. And you have no blood with the Astros.
    Sorry.

It's always been that way.

Blog Entries

Sorry.

It's always been that way.
    That's what Myron said. You can get better. It's not too late.

UL Baseball Re: Blake Trahan Reds Top Prospect

Professional baseball teams like all professional sports is your favorite team as long as an owner does not want it in LA, or some other city. I cried about two seconds when the Jazz moved, and I never cheered for them again. I can love them like the hookers they are. My university is the girl I took to the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Professional baseball teams like all professional sports is your favorite team as long as an owner does not want it in LA, or some other city. I cried about two seconds when the Jazz moved, and I never cheered for them again. I can love them like the hookers they are. My university is the girl I took to the altar.
    So the Astros is my mistress. Been that way since '88.

Blog Entries

So the Astros is my mistress. Been that way since '88.
    Keep wearing protection. Yo mistress plays the field. The Astros player names even tell you that: Springer, Tucker and Fister! She's playing you fool. Do you realize how many foul balls have hit her turf? She gives it up so often they call her "minute maid". No wonder you spill your beer. You don't care what you spill and where.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast