Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Presidents Meeting

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: CUSA Presidents Meeting

Turrrble times Don, just turrrrble...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I was assuming he was being sarcastic
    Me? Never!

Ok, I was a little off on the numbers, but the message is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Man...tough crowd today.

Friday Eve, folks. I'm in a good mood. How bout you?
    He apologized.. He had turned his sarcasm meter off.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    Wow! Am I missing something? Six games or three wins in three years is an abject failure! Everything else in that post is accurate. How in the hell are you reading race into those statements?
    Perhaps the sarcasm?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Anybody who wasn't a total POS woukd have been better than baldwin... He was t just a bad coach, he was a bad person. Now, there is no way of knowing for sure... But as long as we hired any coach with integrity, they most likely woukd have done what bustle did. I credit him for getting the program stable but I believe a lot of coaches who were good men could have done that.
    Maybe any qualified coach could, but he was the only qualified coach to apply.

I was at a lot of Stokley and Baldwin practices. Bustle was worlds ahead at the numerous practices I attended.

If you think there were numerous qualified coaches applying you would be wrong.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

SIX games. Jerry Baldwin won 6 games in three years, two per season, not one per season. His winning percentage was 0.182, NOT the 0.091 you tried to make it out as in order to fit your racist agenda.
    Coach Baldwin by temperament was not qualified to be a head coach. He was a recruiter. Lots of African American coaches were qualified. We just screwd up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe any qualified coach could, but he was the only qualified coach to apply.

I was at a lot of Stokley and Baldwin practices. Bustle was worlds ahead at the numerous practices I attended.

If you think there were numerous qualified coaches applying you would be wrong.
    Where did I even use the word qualified? I didn't know you were the qualifying authority of head coaches. I said any coach with integrity, and bustle also didn't do it alone, he hired a great staff of guys who love this place and had a huge part in stabilizing the program. You know why people "diss" on bustle? Bc of all the people that get offended when anything is said about the man, anything... He stayed here too long because he was a great guy. If he wasn't so nice, which has nothing to do with his job... Opinions would be much different about him. I like bustle and Give him credit for what he did, but he has been on a downward trojectory professionally since coming here. If he was so great, it would have gone the opposite direction. Also, the ones who applied and the ones who could have done the same have nothing to do with each other.

That's what a head coach dies, hires good help.

In my original post I said a member of the selection committee had told me Busttle was the only qualified candidate. He is an L club member for football,WAS an NFL player, a highly successful businessman of impeccable integrity. If he said this I believe him.

Nobody said Busttle was a great coach. We said the most important hire. Proof that he was is because you watching successful FBS football. It is highly doubtful you would be if he was not the hire.

I and many of his supporters agree that he overstayed his welcome. That doesn't change what he ment to our program.

That's what a head coach dies, hires good help.

In my original post I said a member of the selection committee had told me Busttle was the only qualified candidate. He is an L club member for football,WAS an NFL player, a highly successful businessman of impeccable integrity. If he said this I believe him.

Nobody said Busttle was a great coach. We said the most important hire. Proof that he was is because you watching successful FBS football. It is highly doubtful you would be if he was not the hire.

I and many of his supporters agree that he overstayed his welcome. That doesn't change what he ment to our program.
    I never said anything different, my comments were a slight at baldwin more than bustle in that pretty much any coach with integrity could have improved the program. He isn't a great coach, he is great man. But kinda goes back to how people react anytime anyone says anything about bustle.... Maybe you thought you read something you didn't. In fact, if he was the only guy, then he wasn't a great hire... He was the only choice.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

....and if Bustle didn't fire his coordinators, Hudspeth never sets foot on this campus.

The results make him the most important. That was the original question put forward. The poster said Hud's replacement would be the most important in school history. Based on where I think we we will be, hopefully will be I doubted that would be true.

The most important doctor in the history of an old man born in a breeched birth is the deliver be they midwife, or MD, not his oncologist. Same for Bustle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ....and if Bustle didn't fire his coordinators, Hudspeth never sets foot on this campus.

The results make him the most important. That was the original question put forward. The poster said Hud's replacement would be the most important in school history. Based on where I think we we will be, hopefully will be I doubted that would be true.

The most important doctor in the history of an old man born in a breeched birth is the deliver be they midwife, or MD, not his oncologist. Same for Bustle
    Ask Southern miss how important hiring Ellis Johnson was after Larry Fedora went 12-2 and left for UNC. 4-36 since... Had to sell home games to buyout his contract

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    TOTALLY O T!!!!!! 2009 we win that OT game against FIU, go 7-5, make a bowl game... HUD never sets foot on this campus.

Probably

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Man...tough crowd today.

Friday Eve, folks. I'm in a good mood. How bout you?
    Everybody, DeEp Breath IN, LeT IT ouT! Again! Now Chillax just a tad more as WE all Read and Type!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast