Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: UAB done in C-USA

Default Re: UAB done in C-USA

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I'm anxious as the next Cajun fan. HOWEVER, in the business world, decisions to merge and such are NOT broadcasted to shareholders and competitors until a plan of action is in place. This is no different. If CUSA picks someone else THEN questions need to be answered. Since other parties are interested in the opening, it is like poker...only a complete idiot would show their hand now. Until then, I'm sitting this out.
    But you know people love to talk. Information is power and if someone has a morsel, it does them no good to hang on to it. I think if there is something to be said you would hear a peep.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: UAB done in C-USA

I improved my RCAF donation by 20% this year, and I will support Louisiana as long as I have funds and health to do so. On the other hand there are many who will not continue to support the Southland Plus conference we are in right now, and with no bottom in sight.

We need to make sure that our fans believe in our administration efforts and frankly I have never seen any reason to believe in them with conference affiliation, tier one academics, or an independent RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    But you know people love to talk. Information is power and if someone has a morsel, it does them no good to hang on to it. I think if there is something to be said you would hear a peep.
    Agreed. But if that peep gives a rival the slightest clue what our admin is doing which may end up keeping us in this ____ hole of a conference, I hope they're happy with the result.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: UAB done in C-USA

I disagree zoom,zoom, we can act with impunity without fear of reprisal or blocking tactics. There is nothing the conference can or will do do to USA, and they are now known to be pursuing C USA, but of course we shall see whose action plan works out best if only one is chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If we get in CUSA...and our administration sees a marked increase in donations...does the ____ing light bulb go off? Does the bowling ball hit them in the nuts? Do they finally realize that donors and fans dig progress?
    No, because they are clueless.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    No, because they are clueless.
    True, plus the bowling bowl can't hit what's not there. Though I've heard talk that they may be growing a pair.

And now this ....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...b_will_no.html

'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says

There's no way in hell UAB will reinstate football. They didn't stop football because of facts. They stopped football because UA doesn't want UAB to have football. "Success" is killing football. They can do all the surveys and polls and demonstrations and #freeUAB tweeting they want. It was never about viability or success. There's absolutely no desire on the part of those making the decision to keep UAB alive. UAB football is dead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    And now this ....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...b_will_no.html

'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says
    There was never any doubt that UAB was not going to reinstate football, especially when they have lost $18 mil dollars in athletics. It has been just a few major UAB supporters that have tried to get the discussion started again and no one outside of Alabama should take them seriously. They are done in C-USA.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    There's no way in hell UAB will reinstate football. They didn't stop football because of facts. They stopped football because UA doesn't want UAB to have football. "Success" is killing football. They can do all the surveys and polls and demonstrations and #freeUAB tweeting they want. It was never about viability or success. There's absolutely no desire on the part of those making the decision to keep UAB alive. UAB football is dead.
    Someone needs to tell C-USA

What I find most disturbing about this are the parallels to the power alignments in Alabama and here in Louisiana. KI have no doubt that there are people, even within the University of Louisiana system, that you like to see LSU A&M as the only game in town. (Heck, I suspect that Dr. Authement may have felt that way.) We are definitely on the rise, and harder to stamp out than ever, but still a long way from the self sufficiency and popularity needed to be secure.

I have been impressed with the grass roots movement UAB has rustled up. It may be all for naught, but it has been a pretty stout effort. I wonder how many here think we could do the same if we found ourselves in UAB's shoes.

Someone needs to tell C-USA

What I find most disturbing about this are the parallels to the power alignments in Alabama and here in Louisiana. KI have no doubt that there are people, even within the University of Louisiana system, that you like to see LSU A&M as the only game in town. (Heck, I suspect that Dr. Authement may have felt that way.) We are definitely on the rise, and harder to stamp out than ever, but still a long way from the self sufficiency and popularity needed to be secure.

I have been impressed with the grass roots movement UAB has rustled up. It may be all for naught, but it has been a pretty stout effort. I wonder how many here think we could do the same if we found ourselves in UAB's shoes.
    I'd burn Baton Rouge to the ground and feast on roasted Tiger.

I'll light the match!

Perfect crime. If you burned it to the ground, how could anyone tell?

Perfect crime. If you burned it to the ground, how could anyone tell?
    If you ignited it before the plants got rolling, there would be less smoke during and after the fire than before it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    If you ignited it before the plants got rolling, there would be less smoke during and after the fire than before it.
    It would stank. Like driving into Opelousas on I-49 South stank.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It would stank. Like driving into Opelousas on I-49 South stank.
    ---Am not familiar with the higher ed setup in Alabama---Is USA under the same board??? Why is USA being allowed a football program and not UAB???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Am not familiar with the higher ed setup in Alabama---Is USA under the same board??? Why is USA being allowed a football program and not UAB???
    USA is their own system. They don't answer to anyone like UAB does.

Underdog Dynasty (@underdogdynasty) tweeted at 4:18 PM on Thu, May 21, 2015:
    A prominent #FreeUAB donor met w/Watts, now feels "a whole lot better" about football returning http://t.co/q757fG5Ong via @underdogdynasty

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Please provide advanced notice.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They need to make up their minds!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast