Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: UAB done in C-USA

Default UAB done in C-USA

Conference USA has communicated to UAB that the league won't amend its bylaws to keep the Blazers without football, according to sources familiar with the discussions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...thout-football

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UAB done in C-USA

If UL were interested in changing conferences, it seems that Dr. Savoie would have anticipated this vacancy [as did all the knowledgeable sports fans in the South] and would have been working his butt off to get us into CUSA. I am sure that this is the case.

Default Re: UAB done in C-USA

Anyone know approximately a timeline for when teams would be allowed in or when the decision would be made to bring us in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Anyone know approximately a timeline for when teams would be allowed in or when the decision would be made to bring us in?
    Us" never. Get over it.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would not be so sure of that

We'll know something around June 8. One way or the other.

Thanks Oiler

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Not sure of what? UAB getting the boot? Or UL-L being left out?

raginsaints is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

USA going to be the next school to leave us behind.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If UL were interested in changing conferences, it seems that Dr. Savoie would have anticipated this vacancy [as did all the knowledgeable sports fans in the South] and would have been working his butt off to get us into CUSA. I am sure that this is the case.
    I bet more is being done than some on this forum are aware of. At least that is my opinion and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    My neighbor is a Tech grad who is a huge fan and supporter of the Bulldogs. He tells me that people in the know at Tech are saying that they think that UL will be the replacement for UAB. He says that UL has the support of every west division member, but that a few east division members are really pushing for JMU. If true, then the worst case scenario for us right now might be a stalemate among CUSA members where they don't add anyone until CUSA's east and west division members work things out.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We will never really know because lack of Inclusion means you don't have to take responsibility for your actions or lack thereof.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet more is being done than some on this forum are aware of. At least that is my opinion and hope.
    yeah....... hold that thought.

Z

Blog Entries

I doubt we get in because i think Martin Halls lack of public push says it all. To say they are trying "privately" equates to giving them a free pass. We all know what happened when we were left behind before and other schools are overtly trying to leave this dreaded conference while our leaders hail the greatness of it. Our Admint is complacent period. IE, see rcaf separation etc

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UAB done in C-USA

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I agree with this, Duggie..... but my bet is that it is being done by the administrations of other SBC schools who want out of this dumpster fire; not by ours. They are "comfortable".

We will never really know because lack of Inclusion means you don't have to take responsibility for your actions or lack thereof.
    Ding, ding ding!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!

I'd rather not get my hopes up.

look I don't know if we get in or not this time. Frankly, I can't worry about it. I hope that our administration is doing everything possible to get us in, but at the end of the day it might now matter what we do or don't do, this could be a decision that has nothing to do with our "fight" or lack of "fight" to be included. The CUSA brass could just decide they don't want us and if that is the case we could have done everything possible and still not be included.

Will I be dissappointed if we are not included, yes....Will it all be on our admistration if we are not, no......If our administration is not doing everything possible then that is on us, but if we are and we still are not included, don't blame them. Some things are out of our hands.

Now that being said, I think we should contact every Conference, no matter whom they are and let them know that we are interested in getting out of the SBC, that would include the CUSA, AAC, MAC and MWC as well as the Big 12 and others. Let them know that we are not ready for the P5 yet, but we are working our way there and that we want to be included if and when the next round of realignment happens.

Not all of this is on our administration, I do agree that LTU had a better plan than we did back in the day and that is what has allowed them to move up to the CUSA. What is going on now is different, like I said it could be out of our control.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    From a geographic perspective, this makes perfect since for CUSA.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast