Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: LSU effect on UL recruiting

  1. #1
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,692

    Default LSU effect on UL recruiting

    Will their season of not doing as well take any kids from us in recruiting????---I don't think that they will have as good of class as in former years --but who knows!!!! We have all seen over the years when the pecking order makes some of their seconds become takers!!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: LSU

    I wish our off-years were 9-4 :-/

    I don't think we're targeting any of the same guys. Unlike last year w/ Josh johns.

    igeaux.mobi


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: LSU

    You've got to admit that going 9 - 4 with the dumbest Coach in the history of Coaching is pretty good.

    I don't know how he does so well with recruiting. I imagine he does some kind of comedy routine - maybe like pulling a rabbit out of his big hat or imitating Elmer Fudd. Kids these days love that stuff.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    I don't know how he does so well with recruiting. I imagine he does some kind of comedy routine - maybe like pulling a rabbit out of his big hat or imitating Elmer Fudd. Kids these days love that stuff.
    igeaux.mobi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    33

    Endurance Training Re: LSU

    Only about 10-12 of LSU verbal commitments are from LA. The few in state recruits that they are still recruiting is WR Wright from Belle Chase, ATH Reed from Thibodaux, and Fobbs from Shreveport. I would doubt ULL is on their respective radars.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hue's Ton
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    You've got to admit that going 9 - 4 with the dumbest Coach in the history of Coaching is pretty good.
    UL went 6-6 this season, not 9-4

    igeaux.mobi

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    943

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ You've got to admit that going 9 - 4 with the dumbest Coach in the history of Coaching is pretty good.

    I don't know how he does so well with recruiting. I imagine he does some kind of comedy routine - maybe like pulling a rabbit out of his big hat or imitating Elmer Fudd. Kids these days love that stuff. _
    Or maybe it was the "pull a National Championship out of your _ss" trick that does it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: LSU

    Why is this here? This is not an LSU board. Would a moderator please delete this thread?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ UL went 6-6 this season, not 9-4

    igeaux.mobi _
    Good one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ Why is this here? This is not an LSU board. Would a moderator please delete this thread? _

    Because, as usual, an UL fan brought LSU up.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,007
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Football Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Will their season of not doing as well take any kids from us in recruiting????---I don't think that they will have as good of class as in former years --but who knows!!!! We have all seen over the years when the pecking order makes some of their seconds become takers!!!! _
    Hey Boomer. I know your grandfather played for LSU and you played for UL, you also coached at UL and recruited for UL so you know the recruiting end of things better than most of us. So I think it is a good question.

    If LSU had been down for years it might be something for UL to worry about but most of the kids who are seniors have vivid memories of LSU winning a National Championship soooo I don't think their record this year will negatively affect their (or UL's) recruiting one bit.

    jmo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ Why is this here? This is not an LSU board. Would a moderator please delete this thread? _
    I'm with you my man. Come on Turbine, show us your magic. LoL.

    Headragincajun

  13. #13
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,692

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ Why is this here? This is not an LSU board. Would a moderator please delete this thread? _
    I started it to see if any of the UL commits were in danger of being lost to another school!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,896

    Default Re: LSU

    I posted this before and was scoffed at by the a&m@br apologists... a&m's brief run of glory is OVER..

    It started actually in their NC year... the year they had no right playing for the NC... Recall they lost to UNRANKED ArKANSAS in vaunted tiggggger stadium when a win would have put them in the game on merit...followed by a victory over 19th ranked Tennessee in the SEC Championship game that was a far cry from impressive... while Oklahoma put a butt whipping on the #1 Team in the nation at the time.. Missouri if memory serves.... Oklahoma should have been in the NC game..

    The unraveling had begun...

    Last year it showed in spades... Getting manhandled by any top tier team they played... The fall from elite was complete....

    This year the fact that Less is not More Miles is a horrible on field coach (no one questions his recruiting ability) was painfully (for me joyfully) obvious... Even yesterday in the bowl game it was clear... and of course in true a&m@br style it was not a loss but rather another "screwing" by the officials... NOT... Penn State, from the woeful (in a&m@br fan's opinions) Big Ten dominated them...

    a&m@br is now a run of the mill top tier program... in the same league as other "almost great" programs like Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State.... worthy of mention but not seriously considered as true contenders...

    Nick Saban has it going on at Bama.... They will dominate the SEC West for years to come.... Outback Bowls with a sprinkling of Independence Bowls are what tigggggger fans now have in their future...

    Its been a tough decade of watching them achieve what they have... but its over now.........

    As to those who say why this is here?? Go look at the tiggeeer droppings and read their viatribes againts Bama etc... Its football talk.... get over it


  15. #15
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,692

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Hey Boomer. I know your grandfather played for LSU and you played for UL, you also coached at UL and recruited for UL so you know the recruiting end of things better than most of us. So I think it is a good question.

    If LSU had been down for years it might be something for UL to worry about but most of the kids who are seniors have vivid memories of LSU winning a National Championship soooo I don't think their record this year will negatively affect their (or UL's) recruiting one bit.

    jmo _
    Yes though there haven't been many

    some kids have gone to UL over LSU---the up of LSU and the down OF UL has made it harder

    --When Stokley was here we did recruit a few away ---remember LSU had 6 losing seasons in a row---that will let a kid hear many negatives which unfortunately is our case at the present!!!!


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ I posted this before and was scoffed at by the a&m@br apologists... a&m's brief run of glory is OVER..

    It started actually in their NC year... the year they had no right playing for the NC... Recall they lost to UNRANKED ArKANSAS in vaunted tiggggger stadium when a win would have put them in the game on merit...followed by a victory over 19th ranked Tennessee in the SEC Championship game that was a far cry from impressive... while Oklahoma put a butt whipping on the #1 Team in the nation at the time.. Missouri if memory serves.... Oklahoma should have been in the NC game..

    The unraveling had begun...

    Last year it showed in spades... Getting manhandled by any top tier team they played... The fall from elite was complete....

    This year the fact that Less is not More Miles is a horrible on field coach (no one questions his recruiting ability) was painfully (for me joyfully) obvious... Even yesterday in the bowl game it was clear... and of course in true a&m@br style it was not a loss but rather another "having supper with" by the officials... NOT... Penn State, from the woeful (in a&m@br fan's opinions) Big Ten dominated them...

    a&m@br is now a run of the mill top tier program... in the same league as other "almost great" programs like Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State.... worthy of mention but not seriously considered as true contenders...

    Nick Saban has it going on at Bama.... They will dominate the SEC West for years to come.... Outback Bowls with a sprinkling of Independence Bowls are what tigggggger fans now have in their future...

    Its been a tough decade of watching them achieve what they have... but its over now.........

    As to those who say why this is here?? Go look at the tiggeeer droppings and read their viatribes againts Bama etc... Its football talk.... get over it _
    Anyone with a screen name as such and continues to show his asp should be ignored. Get a life fella. LSU's success, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with UL and such comments will only further alienate UL supporters in the area, as you, as a bunch of silly malcontents.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: LSU

    Ihatestate, Didn't you say the same thing about LSU baseball after Skip retired? If not you, it was someone else.

    If I'm not mistaken, LSU was 7 - 5 last year and 9 - 3 this year. Where I went to school that is improvement.

    As funny as the two stooges (Miles and Crowton) are, they will have a top ten recruiting class this year and a top 3 (probably number 1) class the next year. So, we will still have top 1 - 15 teams in the next several years. Yes, even with Miles the Clown as Coach.

    As for Saban, after our National Championship year with him, he went 8 - 5, so he is not God - although he really thinks he is. Alabama was a top 5 team the year before Saban arrived. They had talent.

    You will see after Alabama wins the Title this year, Alabama will drop back some. Saban will head to Penn State and probably win the National Title over there in 3 years. But, Alabama will always be Alabama and will win a National Title later on when Saban is not the Coach.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,896

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Ihatestate, Didn't you say the same thing about LSU baseball after Skip retired? If not you, it was someone else.

    If I'm not mistaken, LSU was 7 - 5 last year and 9 - 3 this year. Where I went to school that is improvement.

    As funny as the two stooges (Miles and Crowton) are, they will have a top ten recruiting class this year and a top 3 (probably number 1) class the next year. So, we will still have top 1 - 15 teams in the next several years. Yes, even with Miles the Clown as Coach.

    As for Saban, after our National Championship year with him, he went 8 - 5, so he is not God - although he really thinks he is. Alabama was a top 5 team the year before Saban arrived. They had talent.

    You will see after Alabama wins the Title this year, Alabama will drop back some. Saban will head to Penn State and probably win the National Title over there in 3 years. But, Alabama will always be Alabama and will win a National Title later on when Saban is not the Coach. _
    I dont recall saying that after Skip left but I very well could have...Looks like I was wrong there if I did...

    I do agree a&m@br WILL be top 15 in most years... but closer to the middle of the pack... you just have too many resources available and Less is not More does recruit like a sono___un... cant disupute that... trouble is those recruiting classes fall short of Nick Sabans which means little as recruiting rankings mean little... so lets say recruiting is a wash... Nick will out coach Less is Not More every day of the week... like they used to say about Bear Bryant... he could tke "hisins" and beat "yoursins" or he could take "yoursins" and beat "hisins"... point is that Saban is a superior coach..

    Speaking of Nicky, you and your fellow aggies should get off the Nick is leaving Bama thingy... He left YOU to fulfill his dream of coaching in the pros.... when he relaized it was a mistake he moved to one of the top 3 or 4 football programs in America... he will be at Bama for a long long time.... I know you folks hope thats not true... but he is not going anywhere

    I was at the Sugar Bowl last night and really enjoyed sitting among the Florida fans...class bunch... they agree on Nicky.... their view is that Bama will be on top for a long time.....

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,896

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRANCHMAN View Post
    _ Anyone with a screen name as such and continues to show his asp should be ignored. Get a life fella. LSU's success, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with UL and such comments will only further alienate UL supporters in the area, as you, as a bunch of silly malcontents. _
    mmm i should be ignored..... then why did you choose to respond???

    just sayin....

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,574

    Default Re: LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ You've got to admit that going 9 - 4 with the dumbest Coach in the history of Coaching is pretty good.

    I don't know how he does so well with recruiting. I imagine he does some kind of comedy routine - maybe like pulling a rabbit out of his big hat or imitating Elmer Fudd. Kids these days love that stuff. _
    Probably has something to do with that National Championship and Sugar Bowl he's won. But yes, calling him the dumbest coach in history and wanting to fire him because he lost to Tennessee his first year and Ole Miss this year makes perfectly good sense.

    LSU had won so many BCS bowls and NC's before that idiot Miles showed up in Baton Rouge, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •