Thread: So. . .

Default So. . .

Will CBS use the Cajuns logo for Lafayette's NCAA game against Villanova?

(It only seems fair)

Blog Entries

Default Re: So. . .

They owe.

CBS calls us "Louisiana" on the bottom line during football. Jim Rome (CBS) called us Louisiana when he had HUD on.

Your beef is with ESPN, not CBS.

And even ESPN called us Louisiana throughout the weekend (girls and guys). Just didn't get the graphics right.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    CBS calls us "Louisiana" on the bottom line during football. Jim Rome (CBS) called us Louisiana when he had HUD on.

Your beef is with ESPN, not CBS. And even ESPN called us Louisiana throughout the weekend (girls and guys). Just didn't get the graphics right.

Possibly with Louisiana and Lafayette both playing there can now be justification in all eyes of the reason for not having the Lafayette tagged onto our Louisiana

Send out the message of being too confusing for both schools and have both schools request the naming of just Louisiana and just Lafayette to avoid the confusion!!! Also mention the screwing up of the LOGOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Possibly with Louisiana and Lafayette both playing there can now be justification in all eyes of the reason for not having the Lafayette tagged onto our Louisiana

Send out the message of being too confusing for both schools and have both schools request the naming of just Louisiana and just Lafayette to avoid the confusion!!! Also mention the screwing up of the LOGOS!!!

We ought to play them every year in basketball for that very reason! I remember when ESPN pitted James Madison and George Washington for a President's Day game. Perhaps they would sponsor a "Battle of Lafayette" game. It would point out the absurdity of mixing the 2 teams up.

Someone should reach out to Lafayette's fanbase...and see if ESPN confuses us with them on a regular basis and have they noticed it on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Someone should reach out to Lafayette's fanbase...and see if ESPN confuses us with them on a regular basis and have they noticed it on their end.
    Is that about 10 people give or take a few?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    We ought to play them every year in basketball for that very reason! I remember when ESPN pitted James Madison and George Washington for a President's Day game. Perhaps they would sponsor a "Battle of Lafayette" game. It would point out the absurdity of mixing the 2 teams up.
    I'd rather if they called it the ... get ready ...

Marquis Matchup

Good Turbine. A Marquis Matchup it would be. I noticed in the Sports Illustrated photos of cheerleaders in the NCAA tournament they had the UL Ragin Cajun cheerleaders instead of the Lafayette Leopards cheerleaders. They may have been amused in the past but now they are getting the short end of some of the mistakes.

I am having a hard time figuring out why "So..." is the best name for this thread.

Am I missing something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I am having a hard time figuring out why "So..." is the best name for this thread.

Am I missing something?
    Beginning word of the thought.

Soooo....(if this is really ULSID) Whatever happened to your quest for the best chicken fried steak?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

Am I missing something?
    Tigerdrippings actually has a rule that the topic must be completely stated in the thread title. None of the this dot dot dot crap in the title so you have to click a link not knowing what it is.

I hope something similar gets implemented on RP.