Thread: College Football Playoff Bill Passes House Subcommittee

Default College Football Playoff Bill Passes House Subcommittee

House passes college football playoff bill

The rest of the story

Default Re: House passes college football playoff bill

BCS creates executive director role

The rest of the story

Default Re: College Football Playoff Bill Passes House Subcommittee

I am just happy there isn't anything pressing for our appointed senators to work on like fixing the bankrupt postal system, medicare, medicaid or shoving heath care reform down our throats.

Maybe next week they can demand tiger to give us all the answers we as american citizens deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ I am just happy there isn't anything pressing for our appointed senators to work on like fixing the bankrupt postal system, medicare, medicaid or shoving heath care reform down our throats.

Maybe next week they can demand tiger to give us all the answers we as american citizens deserve. _
    I had the exact same thought. I can't f'in believe what those morons in Washington are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ I had the exact same thought. I can't f'in believe what those morons in Washington are doing. _
    Really?? You can't believe it? What gave you any idea that they knew what they were actually doing?? Was the HC debacle, the "czars", the global warming lies, the Cash for clunkers stroke of genius, ACORN, wanting tax payers to pay for abortions, Cap & Trade proposal, trying to bankrupt the coal industry, force feeding stimulus money into the economy, printing money that we don't have, trippling the deficit in 9 months, the bank bailout sham...

I could go on for days... This does not suprise me one bit. It's all about giving the illusion that this "regime" is "trying" to give the "people" what they "want". The timing is somewhat startling, but overall.. I've come to expect this..

Can't they get this implimented immediately by creating some "emergency"? Or have they finally cried wolf enough times for America to wake up and take their country back? My money says the former is more likely.

igeaux.mobi

Do we have a football czar now????? It gets more and more absurd on a daily basis in Washington.

I'm thrilled people like to complain about nothing. This will right a wrong and take about as much time as going to the restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    I'm thrilled people like to complain about nothing. This will right a wrong and take about as much time as going to the restroom.
    Want to bet it's at least 700 pages, and has something for louisiana as a token of appreciation for all mary Landrieu has done for America?

igeaux.mobi

Here's a few thoughts:

There are very few important political topics that americans agree on. Almost every major belief will be opposed by 40% or more people.

So let's take BCS legislation. Everyone is quick to say things like, "don't they have better things to do??"

Bring up the BCS in any capacity. A large majority of people oppose the current system. And since the current system makes the leaders of the system very rich, there is NO WAY they will change it.

Unless they're forced to. Or at lease bluffed into doing so. Not by the people, or by the teams, but by an entity with much more clout (the United States government). An example of this is the cleaning up of baseball. Credit the government for bringing about that change. No way they'd have done it on their own.

Of all the things government has screwed up, there are still things out there that we need them for.

The BCS is an injustice, and it's a problem. Also, almost everyone agrees with this.

Why not let them (Congress) do their jobs and fix it? We know the BCS won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post

Im for Congress fixing this BCS mess. Mainly because most of these BCS schools play with Taxpayers money. Very few privately funded schools are major powers. Notre Dame is the only one I can think of right off hand. The BCS is a concerted effort to kepp money in the hands of the wealthy. An oligarchy if you will. Its a corrupt system. It affects alot of people in this country. Should it be a priority? No. But I have no problem with them busting up this coalition for the rich schools and making them use a playoff system.
    This is the most intelligent post (other than all of mine - JOKE) I've seen in a while. Well done!

igeaux.mobi

I am all for changing the BCS system and would be the first in line to say so. Politics is also one of those subjects best left alone because no one will ever agree with anyone completely. It is my opinion that our country has some major issues facing it right now and if these issues began yesterday or 10 years ago it really doesn't matter. Football is not a major issue and our Senators and Congressmen and President for that matter need to focus on healthcare, economic issues, war, terrorism, etc.....I place those issues well above football.
    Let's keep life in perspective........

I think most of us will agree that the BCS Championship is a bunch of B.S. However, if we compare it to what goes on in Washington D.C., it is a smooth running machine!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ I am all for changing the BCS system and would be the first in line to say so. Politics is also one of those subjects best left alone because no one will ever agree with anyone completely. It is my opinion that our country has some major issues facing it right now and if these issues began yesterday or 10 years ago it really doesn't matter. Football is not a major issue and our Senators and Congressmen and President for that matter need to focus on healthcare, economic issues, war, terrorism, etc.....I place those issues well above football.
    Let's keep life in perspective........ _

I think at least one reason Congress was addressing this is because college football is now a multi-multi milllion dollar business and the BCS is viewed as an illegal monopoly. If this takes them off their focus of higher taxes for a government run healthcare system, have at it. Besides, they should be capable of multi-tasking.

As a 30 year veteran of the energy business who has been unemployed since 31 July because of the idiotic energy policies of this Congress and Administration, it really irritates me that these people are wasting time on such a trivial issues.

To the Washington politicians: quit playing and do the right things to put people back to work!

USC is privately funded and they do pretty well (fun fact)

i dont mind congress getting involved, the point and structure of our government is to represent the people, and i would say close to 4 out of 5 people have an opinion on the BCS right now. and i dont see a 700 page document coming out it isnt going to take all of their time away from the other things they are screwing up, believe me, plenty of time for that