_ _ _ _

Thread: Cafe Habana?

Default Cafe Habana?

I know this is WAY off topic but I wanted a review from the locals. I'm %50 Cuban and much like Cajun food if done right it is awesome. I'm getting mixed reviews like from this web page http://lafayette.diningguide.com/data/d101301.htm

Tamales are not Cuban food. Cuban food doesn't use corn that is what you feed to your horses ( Of course before Castro). Don't get me wrong I love Mexican food but it is like saying English food is the same as American. Any reviews would be helpful. Thanks!

Default Re: Cafe Habana?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I know this is WAY off topic but I wanted a review from the locals. I'm %50 Cuban and much like Cajun food if done right it is awesome. I'm getting mixed reviews like from this web page http://lafayette.diningguide.com/data/d101301.htm

Tamales are not Cuban food. Cuban food doesn't use corn that is what you feed to your horses ( Of course before Castro). Don't get me wrong I love Mexican food but it is like saying English food is the same as American. Any reviews would be helpful. Thanks! _
    They have excellent ropa vieja (I like it with the black beans and rice mixed [moritos?]) and their cuban sandwich is the best in town.

Second hand I've heard great things about the food and the mojitos. But that just means they think it's good food, not that they think it's authentic Cuban.

igeaux.mobi

I have a friend who is 100% Cuban and really likes the food there.

Thanks for the reviews. I think we will give it a try. I hate when people say they have the best mojitos or margaritias in town. I''m an old guy. I'm going for the food not getting loaded. Besides how hard is it to make a good drink? Thanks a bunch we will give it a try.

I also have a friend who is 100% cuban and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I have a friend who is 100% Cuban and really likes the food there.
    The guy who owns it is 100% Cuban.

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks for the reviews. I think we will give it a try. I hate when people say they have the best mojitos or margaritias in town. I''m an old guy. I'm going for the food not getting loaded. Besides how hard is it to make a good drink? Thanks a bunch we will give it a try.
    When did you become an old guy??

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ When did you become an old guy??

Z _
    LOL! Z When my daughter asked for money from college! I hope all is well with you guys.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ LOL! Z When my daughter asked for money from college! I hope all is well with you guys. _
    Crap. That means I'll be "old" in two years. That stinks. Thanks a lot, RCAJUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    _ Crap. That means I'll be "old" in two years. That stinks. Thanks a lot, RCAJUN!! _
    Hey every stage in life is awesome. I love seeing her growing up and becoming a young woman. God is good and if he does bless you with a long life it is cool. Can't wait to become a grandfather....okay actually I can wait on that!