_ _ _ _

Thread: Sails hurt? Badly?

Default Sails hurt? Badly?

I just tuned into the radio.. they mentioned sails has been taken to the hospital for a leg injury. What happened? Any news on how bad it is?

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Sails hurt? Badly?

Let's hope it's not season ending. If so we have a problem. what's with all these injuries? Look's like we need to bring a mash unit to every game.

Jay said xrays showed a fracture... i'm guessing season ending.

I feel really bad for Undrea, I really like his grit and determination. All we can do now though is give the rock to some young guys and let them start to do some big things.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I feel really bad for Undrea, I really like his grit and determination. All we can do now though is give the rock to some young guys and let them start to do some big things. _
    Undrea was great the first few games. I know there is no comparison to Fenroy, but he filled in the shoes pretty well i think. It's a big loss.

On the upside, Walker is showing talent

As long as Walker continues to step up, we should be able to do well against the meat of our schedule coming up.

igeaux.mobi

With Walker as the starter, who will be the primary backup? I saw on the stats that no other RB had a carry.

Blog Entries

We don't have much depth behind Walker. We could be in trouble with our running game.

We could sure use the other Walker boy right now. If he gets eligible next year, I think the Walker duo will give us a good 1-2 punch for the next 3 years. Power and speed.

Before this season I thought Julian Shankle was a fair to good back-up RB. He has been injured often and this year his playing time and # of carries are almost nothing. What happened to him?

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Shankle and Draylon Booker will have to step up. We need to accelerate Walker's learning, but I think he will do fine. I dont mind using all 3 RB's, they all have positives.

I haven't seen anything from Draylon Booker yet since his arrival at UL that makes me think he is a D1 RB! I believe he had like 600+ yds. his Sr. year of HS with only 4.74 speed in the 40, that does not impress me much.

Booker was the offensive MVP in his district as a junior but missed almost half of his senior year due to injury. He shared carries his final two years with current Colorado State RB Lou Greenwood in a run-based offense, and his QB was good, too.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Booker was the offensive MVP in his district as a junior but missed almost half of his senior year due to injury. He shared carries his final two years with current Colorado State RB Lou Greenwood in a run-based offense, and his QB was good, too.

igeaux.mobi _
    Thanks for the insight I figured there was more to the story than just 600 yds rushing, but I must say I still have not seen much on the field since his arrival at UL.

Booker has a big frame at 6-2 but needs to gain more weight and improve his consistency. He has made some plays in limited time, but we've got to remember that he is only a redshirt freshman.

igeaux.mobi

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Shankle and Draylon Booker will have to step up. We need to accelerate Walker's learning, but I think he will do fine. I dont mind using all 3 RB's, they all have positives. _
    I'm extremely bummed for Undrea. This was his season.

Yobes is the new #1. I hope we work him into the stud I think he can be. Being the #1 changes a guy. Julian and Booker know they are a snort away from having to carry the oink.

It's amazing how four weeks ago, Yobes Walker was supposedly moved to fullback and sitting behind McCullough and Desormeaux on the depth chart and now he's starting at tailback. I'm not sure how to read into that one but its a testament to how hard he's worked and must have improved drastically to basically be demoted to now the starter at TB over Shankle and Booker.