_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

  1. #1
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,393

    Default Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    For those not aware, the Cajuns softball team will be playing in the Spring/Klein softball tournament this weekend in Houston. The game schedule for the Cajuns is listed below. Also included is a link to a map of the facility posted on ragincajuns.com. There are a number of other high quality teams playing as well, and you can get the complete schedule on the Spring/Klein website, whose link is also listed.

    Spring/Klein College Classic - Spring, Texas
    Saturday, October 3, 2009
    2:00 p.m. - vs. University Of Texas - San Antonio
    4:00 p.m. - vs. Baylor
    6:00 p.m. - vs. Galveston College

    Sunday, October 4, 2009
    9:00 a.m. - vs. Texas State
    1:00 p.m. - vs. Stephen F. Austin



    http://www.ragincajuns.com/downloads...00&SPSID=67333

    http://www.skgsl.com/tournaments.htm


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    493

    UL Softball Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    I get a 2008 Tournament schedule when I click on the Spring/Klein link. Are the same teams going to be playing this year?

    Please also note that this fall, for the first time in memory the team will be playing two games at home; on October 17 at 2 pm against McClennan Jr. College out of Waco, TX, and against Galveston College on October 23 at 4 pm.

    Also, the team is scheduled to play McNeese in Lake Charles on October 11 at 2 pm. So, if you can't make Spring, TX, maybe try for one of the others.


  3. #3
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,533

    I have a Question Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ Please also note that this fall, for the first time in memory the team will be playing two games at home; on October 17 at 2 pm against McClennan Jr. College out of Waco, TX, and against Galveston College on October 23 at 4 pm.

    _
    Will they start the stadium work between games or between innings?......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Eunice, LA
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Will they start the stadium work between games or between innings?...... _
    Be nice!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hue's Ton
    Posts
    2,921

    Default Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Will they start the stadium work between games or between innings?...... _
    Hilarious. Sounds like a guy who has been around this program for far too long. Well done, Frenchie.

    Actually, and as you may already know, the first part of the project is the mobilization of the current grandstand bleachers to the outfield. Before they do that, they have to do all the prep/concrete work to be able to install them out there. So, technically, they will be able to start the outfield work even though they are still using the facility. And, IF they do move the bleachers between games, being that they are willing to have regular season, "real" games with fans sitting entirely in the outfield, I imagine they aren't too worried about a Fall exhibition game.

  6. #6
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,533

    Default Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    .......Call me on my cell when the game starts...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    458

    Louisiana Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ For those not aware, the Cajuns softball team will be playing in the Spring/Klein softball tournament this weekend in Houston. The game schedule for the Cajuns is listed below. Also included is a link to a map of the facility posted on ragincajuns.com. There are a number of other high quality teams playing as well, and you can get the complete schedule on the Spring/Klein website, whose link is also listed.

    Spring/Klein College Classic - Spring, Texas
    Saturday, October 3, 2009
    2:00 p.m. - vs. University Of Texas - San Antonio
    4:00 p.m. - vs. Baylor
    6:00 p.m. - vs. Galveston College

    Sunday, October 4, 2009
    9:00 a.m. - vs. Texas State
    1:00 p.m. - vs. Stephen F. Austin



    http://www.ragincajuns.com/downloads...00&SPSID=67333

    http://www.skgsl.com/tournaments.htm _
    The softball schedule on the Spring/Klein network and your are different.

  8. #8
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,393

    Default Re: Cajuns Softball in Houston this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    The softball schedule on the Spring/Klein network and your are different.
    Sorry, didn't compare the two. It looks like the SKGSL link is for the 2008 tournament, not the 2009.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •