Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C-USA must decide what to do with UAB

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: C-USA must decide what to do with UAB

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The Big East is not calling. I was answering your question on D1 conferences that have non-football membership
    Ok, I stand corrected. I thought that article stated the SunBelt was the only D1A conference with that arrangement.

My personal preference if we are going to be stuck in this ____hole "together we rise" conference is that we get some uniformity in the major sports where all members play football, baseball, softball, men's and women's basketball rather than this hodgepodge "together we whatever" arrangement we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Ok, I stand corrected. I thought that article stated the SunBelt was the only D1A conference with that arrangement.

My personal preference if we are going to be stuck in this ____hole "together we rise" conference is that we get some uniformity in the major sports where all members play football, baseball, softball, men's and women's basketball rather than this hodgepodge "together we whatever" arrangement we currently have.
    On the island of misfit toys...nothing is uniform.

Here is what I know.....If we are in the conference (and we are), adding anything that helps currently is worth it, that goes for NMSU as a full member and/or adding UAB as an associate member.

My point is, currently we can not control the conference we are in, but if UAB as an associate (all sports that they play currently) can be added and makes the current situation better, than allbeit that we go for it.

I think we will be out of this conference soon, but while we are still here, UAB makes a ton of sense.

just my opinion.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Here is what I know.....If we are in the conference (and we are), adding anything that helps currently is worth it, that goes for NMSU as a full member and/or adding UAB as an associate member.

My point is, currently we can not control the conference we are in, but if UAB as an associate (all sports that they play currently) can be added and makes the current situation better, than allbeit that we go for it.

I think we will be out of this conference soon, but while we are still here, UAB makes a ton of sense.

just my opinion.
    You make a good point and may be absolutely right. I just hate that perception already in place, and being reinforced by this sportswriter, that the conference is basically a dumping ground for anyone looking to move up or any sinking program looking for a lifeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    You make a good point and may be absolutely right. I just hate that perception already in place, and being reinforced by this sportswriter, that the conference is basically a dumping ground for anyone looking to move up or any sinking program looking for a lifeline.
    I'm pretty sure our fearless leader likes it that way and embraces the SBC as such..

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Invite them now! Call NMSU and give them full membership.
    Giving NMSU full membership would also give 12 basketball and baseball schools. I would be happy with that move as well. We have to get to 12 so as to correct this ridiculous schedule situation in non football sports. However, our eastern schools would not support the NMSU additon so I doubt that passes. UAB would likely get the vote due to their geography. Yes, the travel/scheduling situation in basketball is so bad it warrants adding another non football playing school. Although basketball is not football, keep in mind it has the potential to make the most money for us due to the NCAA tournament. We have to keep it's progress in mind when we make decisions.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

NO it does not! Never make a bad temporary situation permanent with an awful solution

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    NO it does not! Never make a bad temporary situation permanent with an awful solution
    Our basketball coaches strongly disagree that we do not need a 12th team.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't care. We do not need UAB sans football

If it is that urgent then NMSU

I would prefer NMSU as a full time member. That solves the basketball problem and brings in a full sports member. Only issue is that they may force us to the East in that scenario. I say send ULM to the East. Of course if we play on the road in the East like we did tonight, the East may not be so bad.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would prefer NMSU as a full time member. That solves the basketball problem and brings in a full sports member. Only issue is that they may force us to the East in that scenario. I say send ULM to the East. Of course if we play on the road in the East like we did tonight, the East may not be so bad.
    ---Well Monroe is farther East---why should we have to go???

UALR. that way everybody has a basketball only school.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    UALR. that way everybody has a basketball only school.
    Good solution there. Of course Ark State is further east than UALR.

Blog Entries

I really don't give a scheist if they are moving to the Sunbelt. Sunbelt adds schools with a pulse. That fact they are in a coma on life support is immaterial. If the Sunbelt truly gave a scheist about W/L Idaho & NMstate wouldn't have a rats arse chance of being added for football. Being in the middle of the Belt footprint makes it all peas & carrots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2