_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Lid's Ad

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Lid's Ad

    Checking out the Lid's ad on this website and everything is UL Lafayette and Louisiana Lafayette. Can't imagine they are selling much gear. Why can't we buy Licensed gear with Just LOUISIANA on it or just UL with the Lafayette only in the tiny label inside the cap like some gear I have purchased? When is Marketing going to wake up to this and realize the fans aren't getting what they want, our brand that is out there is UL Lafayette and it must change, and the university is losing revenue from licensing products that people do not want to purchase? When have we had this discussion before? LOL!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    When have we had this discussion before? LOL!
    Every other day when you start a thread exactly like this.

  3. #3
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,206

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Actually most people give 2 ____s about the name issue so they keep buying things with Lafayette on it. A lot of the people on pagin care about the name but in general they either don't know or dont care that their is a name issue.

    And do you ever post anything not pertaining to the name issue?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Actually most people give 2 ____s about the name issue so they keep buying things with Lafayette on it. A lot of the people on pagin care about the name but in general they either don't know or dont care that their is a name issue.

    And do you ever post anything not pertaining to the name issue?
    I have to agree with this post. I see a HELL a lot of Lafayette shirts out there, as well as yellows and oranges (look at crowd shots at Cajun Field and the New Orleans Bowl). Only the diehards seem to care about the Louisiana name on gear. Tara knows full well not to get me anything with Lafayette on it, but I'd bet the vast majority doesn't seem to care.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,459

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Myself, I was not aware of any name issue. Can somebody please give me a run down of what he's talking about....so I can print it out and beat myself to death with it.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    1,275

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Checking out the Lid's ad on this website and everything is UL Lafayette and Louisiana Lafayette. Can't imagine they are selling much gear. Why can't we buy Licensed gear with Just LOUISIANA on it or just UL with the Lafayette only in the tiny label inside the cap like some gear I have purchased? When is Marketing going to wake up to this and realize the fans aren't getting what they want, our brand that is out there is UL Lafayette and it must change, and the university is losing revenue from licensing products that people do not want to purchase? When have we had this discussion before? LOL!
    It's not all about the university. Brands like Lids and other approved producers of university merchandise must abide by the CLC's approved primary and secondary logos. For instance, you cannot have the Cajuns Fleur-de-lis as a primary logo unless there is another reference to the university somewhere else on the garment. As you referenced, you can have UL as a primary logo, but Lafayette must be somewhere else visible on the garment. Using the same thread color as garment color for Lafayette is technically permitted, but it must not be hidden behind the garment. You may have seen material out there that is different than this, but if so, it's either not officially licensed or it was produced by an unauthorized vendor.

    Now, the university can work with the CLC and request future changes on how official merchandise is made, but respectable vendors must abide by the logo usage rules that the CLC dictates.

    In summary, Lids cannot just create any version of UL hat that their design department comes up with. It must be inline with the requirements of the CLC.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Myself, I was not aware of any name issue. Can somebody please give me a run down of what he's talking about....so I can print it out and beat myself to death with it.
    I don't know what could be worse: reading (t)his name BS everyday or sticking my sac in a mouse trap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,787

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Actually most people give 2 ____s about the name issue so they keep buying things with Lafayette on it. A lot of the people on pagin care about the name but in general they either don't know or dont care that their is a name issue.

    And do you ever post anything not pertaining to the name issue?
    I believe he occasionally requests pictures of the paint drying on facility improvements. Same guy? I don't know...

  9. #9
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I have to agree with this post. I see a HELL a lot of Lafayette shirts out there, as well as yellows and oranges (look at crowd shots at Cajun Field and the New Orleans Bowl). Only the diehards seem to care about the Louisiana name on gear. Tara knows full well not to get me anything with Lafayette on it, but I'd bet the vast majority doesn't seem to care.
    Like you I won't buy anything that has anything that has a huge Lafayette on it but this argument gets really old. The stuff sells you can see that just by looking at every UL sporting event. Hell we have fans that say UL-L when speaking about our school. It's not outside of the norm.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I don't know what could be worse: reading (t)his name BS everyday or sticking my sac in a mouse trap.
    LOL!!!!!

  11. #11
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I don't know what could be worse: reading (t)his name BS everyday or sticking my sac in a mouse trap.
    Dude! Only use the mouse traps on your nipples! Use close pins and loose rubber bands on your sac! What books have you been reading?!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,459

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    I'm glad the board is treating this topic with the seriousness it deserves. Seriously.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I don't know what could be worse: reading (t)his name BS everyday or sticking my sac in a mouse trap.
    If you substitute the mouse trap with meat grinder I think it'll be clearer... Or will it ?




    Just gave myself chills typing this.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Phil? Phil Connors? I thought that was you!!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,774

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    All of you who think the name issue is beaten to death and is silly, you are part of the problem.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    It's not all about the university. Brands like Lids and other approved producers of university merchandise must abide by the CLC's approved primary and secondary logos. For instance, you cannot have the Cajuns Fleur-de-lis as a primary logo unless there is another reference to the university somewhere else on the garment. As you referenced, you can have UL as a primary logo, but Lafayette must be somewhere else visible on the garment. Using the same thread color as garment color for Lafayette is technically permitted, but it must not be hidden behind the garment. You may have seen material out there that is different than this, but if so, it's either not officially licensed or it was produced by an unauthorized vendor.

    Now, the university can work with the CLC and request future changes on how official merchandise is made, but respectable vendors must abide by the logo usage rules that the CLC dictates.

    In summary, Lids cannot just create any version of UL hat that their design department comes up with. It must be inline with the requirements of the CLC.
    Thanks for the response. Who is the CLC and why can they dictate what UL does? Last year, Hud wore a lot of Louisiana gear, so someone was producing it and I was hopeful of being able to purchase it. This year, he wore nothing but Ragin Cajuns gear and there is no Louisoana gear anywhere in sight. That was the first I ever heard about the FDL needing to have a UL Lafayette along with it. This is why I brought this up, to get a clearer understanding of what can and cannot be produced and why we don't see more of the gear we want to see offered.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Checking out the Lid's ad on this website and everything is UL Lafayette and Louisiana Lafayette. Can't imagine they are selling much gear. Why can't we buy Licensed gear with Just LOUISIANA on it or just UL with the Lafayette only in the tiny label inside the cap like some gear I have purchased? When is Marketing going to wake up to this and realize the fans aren't getting what they want, our brand that is out there is UL Lafayette and it must change, and the university is losing revenue from licensing products that people do not want to purchase? When have we had this discussion before? LOL!
    I guess you didn't look too thoroughly.

    Found this http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20681980

    and this http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20528596 Nice yellow there!

    http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20648183
    http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20648184
    http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20648185
    http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20648186
    http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Louisiana-R...ajuns/20649070

    Yea, there's some Lafayette on some of the gear, but Lids actually has one of the better selections when you check around. And when you are searching schools, we are listed as Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns as opposed to LA Monroe Warhawks. That's enough for me.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Off the apparel topic here. Anyone else noticed we finally had some decent logos on the bowl tv broadcast but the MBSD used the older hot wheels logo?


  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,787

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    All of you who think the name issue is beaten to death and is silly, you are part of the problem.
    No one think the issue is silly. They do think that it is beaten to death on this board and the notion that starting a thread every day on here about it will make a difference is ridiculous.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,459

    Default Re: Lid's Ad

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    No one think the issue is silly. They do think that it is beaten to death on this board and the notion that starting a thread every day on here about it will make a difference is ridiculous.
    No, no, we are just a few more Ragin Pagin threads away from turning the tide. That and a few well placed tweets should do the trick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •