_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Places to go, things to do in Lafayette

  1. #1

    Default Places to go, things to do in Lafayette

    do you have any special places that you like to go that maybe most of us don't know about? i want to expand my knowledge of the city ...

    i'll add this place, it's probably not a good one because i'm sure some of you or most of you know about it.

    coffee world on doucet road, it's right across the street from the grand's parking lot. i don't think they have a formal website but they have a myspace page.

    http://www.myspace.com/sipplythebest

    that's my contribution so far


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Obviously Judice Inn.
    Southside bakery for crawfish burgers (when in season).

    Old Tyme Grocery during lent for their crawfish poboys.
    Old Tyme Grocery while not in lent for their shrimp poboys.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Crowley
    Posts
    1,224

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    I go to the Lunch Box on Moss st. quite often. Although it is on the northside, I go out of my way when I want a good plate lunch.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    corner pantry on foreman


  5. #5
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,455

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    To many good places to go. It might be better to say what places to avoid......It would be a shorter list.....


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    To many good places to go. It might be better to say what places to avoid......It would be a shorter list.....
    One to avoid - Evangeline Steakhouse, but only because they closed their doors. I can't say the food was really great but it was pretty good and more importantly it was an institution. Sad to see a decades old local establishment go to the wayside.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,747

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    another to avoid--judice inn.(imo) hamburgers are waay too small and no french fries.
    favorites of mine: don's seafood hut(on johnston); alesi's pizza(home style italian food);
    pizza village(moss st.); picante mexican restaurant(2 locations to serve you); a couple of good dives: steven's on cameron st.(fried shrimp and fried rice, great); fat albert's fried chicken on moss(hamburgers & fried catfish, too. really, many places to choose from.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,727

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ another to avoid--judice inn.(imo) hamburgers are waay too small and no french fries.
    favorites of mine: don's seafood hut(on johnston); alesi's pizza(home style italian food);
    pizza village(moss st.); picante mexican restaurant(2 locations to serve you); a couple of good dives: steven's on cameron st.(fried shrimp and fried rice, great); fat albert's fried chicken on moss(hamburgers & fried catfish, too. really, many places to choose from. _

    You've obviously not had the double cheeseburger, grilled onions and a fried egg on top of the Judice inn burger have you? Their burgers are on the smaller side but the flavor is so good. You get the aforementioned recipe and you will be a fan. I do wish they had fries or tots or something though.... grins, teheee, (..)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    zeus on pinhook especially when the belly dancer is there. Blue Dog's olld fashions some of the best I've ever had, Pete's on Johnson for the big pete and home made potato chips, breakfast at hub city or mel's diner. All of these are must haves when I visit town. also a stop at The Fruit Stand in Breaux Bridge for pickled vegetables and pecans and Poche's for boudin and meats to keep me supplied till my next trip


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    650

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    The Bulldog on Gen. Mouton on Wednesdays! $1 burgers!

    They changed it up a few months ago, now you can get cheese and trimmings, and they also sell hotdogs now too.

    If you go during the day its not usually bad, you might run into a few students, and most definitely run into some banders at around 2:30, 3:00 after practice.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    is this just about food?

    I will say my favorite spot in all of Lafayette is the loading dock on Montgomery Hall on campus, I used to sit there and people watch for hours. A pigeon once used me for a toilet seat there though.


  12. #12
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,799

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Fat Alberts has the best fried chicken known to man. Penny Saver's hot dogs are awesome. Pizza Village is the best pizza. Basically, drive down Moss St.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    John's Seafood off the Thru-way. Just don't go on Ash Wednesday unless you got some time to spare.

    Nash's in Broussard if your looking for something more fancy. Usually pretty good.

    The Bar @ Tsunami to people watch. Not the same since Danielle left but still alot of eye candy.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Places to go, things to do in lafayette

    We went to La Pagua, a new family-owned Mexican place, the other night. It's now my favorite Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. It's in the shopping center behind the Baskin Robbins on Johinston Street.

    The food is delicious, and the service is wonderful. They don't have a liquor license, but I heard later that you can BYOB.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    _ We went to La Pagua, a new family-owned Mexican place, the other night. It's now my favorite Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. It's in the shopping center behind the Baskin Robbins on Johinston Street.

    The food is delicious, and the service is wonderful. They don't have a liquor license, but I heard later that you can BYOB. _
    Went there last night. Best Fajita's I've ever had. It's BYOB for the next few weeks but the food is outstanding.

    Other great places I haven't seen mentioned.....Legends on Bertrand (for just a burger), Legends Annex Downtown (awesome selection of wraps and burgers), Two Taco Sisters (they were all wearing red yesterday and doing UL cheers when I approached with my UL polo), Groud Pati on Johnston, Deano's Pizza, and Zea's.

    Also, to the person that said Judice Inn is not good.....huh? I agree with the other guy who responded to you. You have to add things. I go for 2 cheesburgers with an extra egg on each. Love the old time feel with the old coke bottles and milk shakes that they hate to fix. Also have beer for your post and pregame meals.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Crowley
    Posts
    1,224

    Default Re: Places to go, things to do in lafayette

    I think the question was, places you may not have heard of. Kate, my gf loves Coyote Blues, I will try to convince her to try this new place. Being that I love Mexican food period.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,715

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Fat Alberts has the best fried chicken known to man. Penny Saver's hot dogs are awesome. Pizza Village is the best pizza. Basically, drive down Moss St. _
    me and you need to chestbump. Fat Alberts is THE BEST chicken in the world. Their drumsticks can be used as weapons. Scummy dogs from Penny Savers, are gods give to the world. Pizza Village is top notch Pizza. Northside! We may be the scary part of town, but we have good food.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,727

    Default Re: places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ zeus on pinhook especially when the belly dancer is there. Blue Dog's olld fashions some of the best I've ever had, Pete's on Johnson for the big pete and home made potato chips, breakfast at hub city or mel's diner. All of these are must haves when I visit town. also a stop at The Fruit Stand in Breaux Bridge for pickled vegetables and pecans and Poche's for boudin and meats to keep me supplied till my next trip _

    Absolutely head on with the Old Fashions!!! Besides Don's and Ruth's Chris, they have the best and I'd actually say they are just as good as those places. I loves me some Blue dog food as well. The crawfish enchiladas are phenomenal.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    Taco Sisters (they were all wearing red yesterday and doing UL cheers when I approached with my UL polo)
    Oh, I love Taco Sisters! They're so friendly and passionate about what they do. The smoked shrimp taco with avocado added is my FAVORITE. I could eat those every day!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,747

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Places to go, things to do in lafayette

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Went there last night. Best Fajita's I've ever had. It's BYOB for the next few weeks but the food is outstanding.

    Other great places I haven't seen mentioned.....Legends on Bertrand (for just a burger), Legends Annex Downtown (awesome selection of wraps and burgers), Two Taco Sisters (they were all wearing red yesterday and doing UL cheers when I approached with my UL polo), Groud Pati on Johnston, Deano's Pizza, and Zea's.

    Also, to the person that said Judice Inn is not good.....huh? I agree with the other guy who responded to you. You have to add things. I go for 2 cheesburgers with an extra egg on each. Love the old time feel with the old coke bottles and milk shakes that they hate to fix. Also have beer for your post and pregame meals. _
    dude, i am the person. i don't like the food. i've tried it. i don't like it. my opinion. sorry i don't agree with you. at least we both love the cajuns. we have that in common. peace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •