_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make a paper tiger lose his mind

This is so COOL How to make a paper tiger lose his mind

just ask a simple question

since lsu's real name is louisiana state university agricultural and mechanical at baton rouge it would be logical to think that they should be the mighty LAMB's then
    but wait, lsu says no state school should shorten their name or it could cause confusion - makes one wonder doesn't it

Default Re: how to make a paper tiger lose his mind

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    just ask a simple question

since lsu's real name is louisiana state university agricultural and mechanical at baton rouge it would be logical to think that they should be the mighty LAMB's then
    but wait, lsu says no state school should shorten their name or it could cause confusion - makes one wonder doesn't it
    I think they would be the mighty LSUAMCBR's...

_
    how to make a paper tiger lose his mind
    I always thought the best way was to ask him when did he graduate.

1 hr west of Tiger stadium...3 hours south of the Joe

The STATE University in Louisiana can so choose to call themselves what they want. The state says only the "regional" schools like yourselves have to include the letter, at "location", or use a regional Northwest or Southeast. I love how y'alls false attempt into missleading people into believing something your not was simply changing USL from a region, to U-L-L a city. LOL FAIL

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ The STATE University in Louisiana can so choose to call themselves what they want. The state says only the "regional" schools like yourselves have to include the letter, at "location", or use a regional Northwest or Southeast. I love how y'alls false attempt into missleading people into believing something your not was simply changing USL from a region, to U-L-L a city. LOL FAIL _
    Then by you r logic that would make you a double regional guy since you claim you graduated from Lousiana Tech at Ruston (in keeping with your claim that the regional school must attach its location) and are a fan of the Chickenhawks. By the way, did you genuflect when you typed "STATE" since you seem to hold it in such reverence? That's just one more thing you have in common with the lady with the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ The STATE University in Louisiana can so choose to call themselves what they want. The state says only the "regional" schools like yourselves have to include the letter, at "location", or use a regional Northwest or Southeast. I love how y'alls false attempt into missleading people into believing something your not was simply changing USL from a region, to U-L-L a city. LOL FAIL _

ULM student enrolment 8,831
    UL student enrolment 16,561

We'll call ourselves whatever we want.

_ just ask a simple question

but wait, lsu says no state school should shorten their name or it could cause confusion - makes one wonder doesn't it _

Is name is Louisiana State University and A &M College, at Baton Rouge is not part of the official.

Before you try to be a smart ___, why don't you try to be smart first and know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ I always thought the best way was to ask him when did he graduate. _
    The graduation rate at LSU is 60%.

At UL it is 40%. Do you really want to throw out graduation jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunnexile View Post
    _ The graduation rate at LSU is 60%.

At UL it is 40%. Do you really want to throw out graduation jokes? _
    YES.

I have nothing but respect for alumni of schools they support. I work with alot of LSU alumni and a very good friend of mine is an LSU alum.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM.

They aren't "paper tigers".

Paper tigers are the ones who have never stepped foot in a classroom at LSU, but choose to bask in LSU's reflected glow.

So, yes. I'm talking about people who did not graduate from LSU, and probably didn't graduate from any other college either.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

_ The graduation rate at LSU is 60%.

At UL it is 40%. Do you really want to throw out graduation jokes? _
    Ms. Math Major... pay attention... the comment was on the number of non LSU graduates that make up their fanbase. It's far more "impressive" than your graduation rate "joke".

Damn, do I have to chase you around this forum and put you back in your crib every day?

lighten up francis, this is supposed to be a light thread.
    Also many not familiar with our university forget or never have been enlightened that many peoples reason for using the UL is that the name was legally changed in 1984 and then after the name change did the legislature force the name to be changed back under pressure from another schools alumni. The legislature then enacted the assinine law where at least 2 schools had to change to UL of thinking that no two schools would ever agree. Of course this just cemented the state in the eyes of many as ignorant enacting a law that was totally different than 48 other states that had state and university of for school names

This is so COOL Re: how to make a paper tiger lose his mind

The light in the loafers crowd comes out of the woodwork on a joke thread and want to go by the book this may take all and just might carry me through the weekend. Dumb LAMBR's they think they are Louisiana you know

Physically BR, but mentally on the beaches of St.John

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ YES.

.......Paper tigers are the ones who have never stepped foot in a classroom at LSU, but choose to bask in LSU's reflected glow.

So, yes. I'm talking about people who did not graduate from LSU, and probably didn't graduate from any other college either. _
    Not everyone had the opportunity to enjoy the college life, get their degree, or set foot in as many classrooms as a lot of us did. I don't think we get to tell those who didn't have our good fortune who they can be a fan of or how much basking they can do. imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ Not everyone had the opportunity to enjoy the college life, get their degree, or set foot in as many classrooms as a lot of us did. I don't think we get to tell those who didn't have our good fortune who they can be a fan of or how much basking they can do. imo _
    You're not getting it... but I believe you are doing so intentionally in order to defend the barnacles this thread is shining a light on.

The point is not about the luxury (or hard work) not opportuned certain people. The thread titile is indicting the false superiority displayed over people who actually graduated from the other universities in Louisiana... by people who are simply a fan of a behemoth athletic program... but are not a graduate of that or probably any institution.

I don't think anyone is telling them what to be a fan of. However, when they start flapping their jaws, they need to come clean about whether they ever attended the university or are a graduate. 99 out of 100 LSU graduates don't have a clue about how good (or not) the educational opportunities are at UL... but I damn sure know that the "paper tigers" this thread is referencing do not have a clue about higher education at all, and have no hope of ever being beyond clueless. If you were on the other end of their ignorant stick, you would certainly take a different point of view. Because you appear to be educated... and defensive of LSU... you need to just keep out of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ Not everyone had the opportunity to enjoy the college life, get their degree, or set foot in as many classrooms as a lot of us did. I don't think we get to tell those who didn't have our good fortune who they can be a fan of or how much basking they can do. imo _
    Sorry if that last post sounded harsh. I think you are only trying to be kind to people who enjoy being a fan but are not college graduates. There is nothing wrong with people enjoying and/or basking in whatever they choose... but I stand behind my point of them deserving to be choked off when they start making any desperaging remarks toward other instate institutions. When that starts... they deserve all the humiliation that can be served back at them... especially in this particular state.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ You're not getting it... but I believe you are doing so intentionally in order to defend the barnacles this thread is shining a light on.

The point is not about the luxury (or hard work) not opportuned certain people. The thread titile is indicting the false superiority displayed over people who actually graduated from the other universities in Louisiana... by people who are simply a fan of a behemoth athletic program... but are not a graduate of that or probably any institution.

I don't think anyone is telling them what to be a fan of. However, when they start flapping their jaws, they need to come clean about whether they ever attended the university or are a graduate. 99 out of 100 LSU graduates don't have a clue about how good (or not) the educational opportunities are at UL... but I damn sure know that the "paper tigers" this thread is referencing do not have a clue about higher education at all, and have no hope of ever being beyond clueless. If you were on the other end of their ignorant stick, you would certainly take a different point of view. Because you appear to be educated... and defensive of LSU... you need to just keep out of it. _
    Let's take a sign in from cajun fans who actually graduated from SLI, USL or UL

SHOWDOG-USL-Class of '74

i know alot of people who fit this paper tiger criteria back in my hometown , NO. I wish they would actually not look down at being a fan and a proud alumnus of another school in the state .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    SHOWDOG-USL-Class of '74 _
    Just1More-UL-Class of '86

Blog Entries

Turbine: Paper Cajun without the paper to prove it.

_ Is name is Louisiana State University and A &M College, at Baton Rouge is not part of the official.

Before you try to be a smart ___, why don't you try to be smart first and know what you are talking about. _
    You really are not in exile are you?? When will you return??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast