Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Louisiana's 2015 Quarterback Situation

Default Re: Louisiana's 2015 Quarterback Situation

Watch Mr. Ray come in the summer and steal the job

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Shushhh!

I sure liked the last Notre Dame QB to transfer here!!!! His back up would have been from Notre Dame also but he didn't have the grades or the trip to Crowley was too long!!!! sorry Young Rick, but it is funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Watch Mr. Ray come in the summer and steal the job
    I'd be all for it, because for that to happen... You know we would have something really special.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'd be all for it, because for that to happen... You know we would have something really special.
    Hearing he is da prophet Special

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I was at the game as a student. Jake looked so skinny, I thought he would get hurt! Wrong.

I watched lots of the fall practice sessions. I knew Jake was our only hope. Nobody threw steady completions except Jake. I was shocked he was not named starter to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I watched lots of the fall practice sessions. I knew Jake was our only hope. Nobody threw steady completions except Jake. I was shocked he was not named starter to begin with
    Thankfully...fate took care of that.

Dion Ray is a very special talent....his athletic ability has garnered really big offers. His shot a QB here gave us the leg up per say.

He reminds me of a combination of two players from early to mid 2000's.

Kansas St QB - Ell Roberson (6'-1" / 205lbs)
    West Virgina QB - Pat White (6'-0" / 205 lbs)

Both exceptional runners that used their top notch speed and playmaking ability to create passing lanes and extreme defensive mismatches when they got out of the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    NFL athletes have access to the best kinesiology experts on the planet. And they clearly do not have QBs and RBs doing the same weight training. The argument isn't "weight training" and building muscle fiber. It is bulk power lifting. The Cheetah still outruns the Lion. And the Greyhound still outruns the Rottweiler. Muscle heads don't out finesse anyone... and never will.
    Guess this is why Brady Quinn never made it? Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Dion Ray is a very special talent....his athletic ability has garnered really big offers. His shot a QB here gave us the leg up per say.

He reminds me of a combination of two players from early to mid 2000's.

Kansas St QB - Ell Roberson (6'-1" / 205lbs)
    West Virgina QB - Pat White (6'-0" / 205 lbs)

Both exceptional runners that used their top notch speed and playmaking ability to create passing lanes and extreme defensive mismatches when they got out of the pocket.
    And that's the QB Hud wants. If Dion Ray comes in...takes hold of the job and doesn't let go until he is being talked about as a legit NFL draft pick in his Junior year...I'll be tickled pink. We all will. But...we aren't expecting it. I'm tossing all my gambling chips on an offense led by Jalen Nixon where we barely get 6 wins...and a Brooks Haack transfer.

Set them goals as low as possible, that way there's no way you're upset at the end of the year huh?

I'm not saying or predicting anything in regards to Ray. Just saying that he's a special talent and glad we got him.

I could see a scenario where he redshirts and runs the scout team (killing our defense), but making them that much better while Haack runs the offense next year. Who knows....

I do predict that this kid is an Eli caliber player that hits campus once every 10 yrs or so and it looks like we struck gold twice in 4 yrs. Signs of an upward tick in overall program prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Set them goals as low as possible, that way there's no way you're upset at the end of the year huh?

I'm not saying or predicting anything in regards to Ray. Just saying that he's a special talent and glad we got him.

I could see a scenario where he redshirts and runs the scout team (killing our defense), but making them that much better while Haack runs the offense next year. Who knows....

I do predict that this kid is an Eli caliber player that hits campus once every 10 yrs or so and it looks like we struck gold twice in 4 yrs. Signs of an upward tick in overall program prestige.
    He is a tremendous athlete...but that is not always well translated to playing QB. I want him to be the next Omar Jacobs. But it's not out of the realm of possibility this is the next Jordan Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And that's the QB Hud wants. If Dion Ray comes in...takes hold of the job and doesn't let go until he is being talked about as a legit NFL draft pick in his Junior year...I'll be tickled pink. We all will. But...we aren't expecting it. I'm tossing all my gambling chips on an offense led by Jalen Nixon where we barely get 6 wins...and a Brooks Haack transfer.
    I will take this bet right now. Name your price

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    You seem pretty certain...I wish I had your info or optimism.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I'd be willing to bet he is out next Percy Harvin. Or Fred stamps, Harry Peoples, Surgent all rolled into one player.

Sure I want that kid at QB.

Dias is not a cajun anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You speak the truth, and it hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Dias is not a cajun anymore
    According to Buckley he may be going to Monroe.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20