_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

Default Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-b...poll-12-22-14/

The Cajuns are "receiving votes". Hummmmmmm.

Default Re: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

LOL to Kent State, St. Johns, Ball State, Loyola Maramount, and Illinois in there above us…

I think I counted at least 10 teams that didn't even make the tournament last year.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Considering we lost half of our 35 man roster as well as our weekend starters from the end of the year I think us receiving votes is pretty impressive. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Considering we lost half of our 35 man roster as well as our weekend starters from the end of the year I think us receiving votes is pretty impressive. JMO
    No P5 team would ever finish #1 and drop this far even with our circumstances. We aren't getting the benefit of the doubt that we can reload. If you penalize a team for losing a lot, you need to do the research on their incoming talent. This is why mid majors cannot have sustained success.

I'm not saying we should be top 10. I'm thinking 20-25 range.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I disagree. I know we need to replace half the roster, but this was the #1 team in the Nation over several weeks. To not put them in the Top 40 is a slap in the face.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dropping off of some of the polls shouldn't come as a surprise. Last years teams was a power house and this year's is nearly entirely made up of guys that were either not here or didn't play very often last year. They'll have to earn their way back into the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Dropping off of some of the polls shouldn't come as a surprise. Last years teams was a power house and this year's is nearly entirely made up of guys that were either not here or didn't play very often last year. They'll have to earn their way back into the polls.
    Absolutely. 42 spots is overkill though...

FWIW Oregon St (P5) was ranked top 5 all year last year and aren't on the top 40 either… Guess we just gotta go out there and prove it on the diamond.

Win the games and we will be right back... Lose the games and you won't be ranked no matter where you start. The last thing robe needs right now is a bunch of young guys who haven't done anything, think they have done something or that they are owed anything. We lost a lot, surprised we are receiving votes. Most P5's don't refund they reload, as opposed to most programs like ours build a team like last year over a couple years to make a run. We have lost almost all our arms, leaders, fielders, hitters and 2 coaches, there are lots of questions but if we come out and take care of business, we will climb the ladder fast. If we start slow... Well then they are right, we are rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    FWIW Oregon St (P5) was ranked top 5 all year last year and aren't on the top 40 either… Guess we just gotta go out there and prove it on the diamond.
    I stand corrected then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I disagree. I know we need to replace half the roster, but this was the #1 team in the Nation over several weeks. To not put them in the Top 40 is a slap in the face.
    And that team u talking about is no longer on campus. We lost basically 11-12 regular starters and will be replacing some of them with guys with zero D1 experience. Hence the reason there is no ranking

Also noticed Ole Miss is on the outside looking in as well.

Looks like they'll have to go out there and earn it. I'm ok with that.

And from what I understand, they have a tremendous amount of talent coming in. Might not be like last year, but hopefully good enough for another post season berth. Get to the tournament and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    No P5 team would ever finish #1 and drop this far even with our circumstances. We aren't getting the benefit of the doubt that we can reload. If you penalize a team for losing a lot, you need to do the research on their incoming talent. This is why mid majors cannot have sustained success.
    Well for one thing we've never really proven that we CAN reload.

Preseason college baseball rankings are beyond meaningless. We'll have every oppourtunity to prove ourselves on the field. And quite frankly given all the talent we lost, if at the end of the season we're still receiving votes in the Top 25 that would be a pretty damn successful season.

Last I heard, those Preseason Polls dont count for anything when it comes time to put those regionals together....

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The Miss. State Cow Bells are 20......eesh. They lost a lot in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The Miss. State Cow Bells are 20......eesh. They lost a lot in the draft.
    Yea but the guys we lost beat the guys they lost so we should be ranked higher than them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast