Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

  1. #21
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Boomer your post was way too long for me to read. But I never said you were right or wrong only that you were the only one talking him up.


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,494

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    I too am a nixonite, solidarity boom


  3. #23
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,090

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    3 Star(247 Sports) QB Brooks Haack Highlight Video

    http://www.247sports.com/player/Broo.../videos/276439

    I saw the kid play 3 times in person his Senior year, twice in regular season and once in the playoffs.....decide for yourselves


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -First I wasn't impressed with Haack as a HS QB--He was Ok but just ran the offense
    Not to be picky but 1865 yds, 65% comp, 16.7 yd avg, 31/ 2 td/int, 136.9 QBR his sr. Year is a tad bit better than "ok" in my book.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    JJ going to OSU please.


  6. #26
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,144

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Anybody know NCAA penalty for 3rd offense of whatever Nixon got suspended a half a season for?
    One year suspension

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,618

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    the only thing I did not like in the Haack Highlight video, is the lack of looking through his progressions, on almost every pass he threw to his first reciever, now in his defense that guy was usually open. What I would like to see is how Haack moves to his 2nd, 3rd options or to his checkdowns,

    I am a Haack guy myself, but I need a deeper sampling before I crown him.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm not against letting JJ (sadly not Jeff Jarrett) go. I think his offense put Broadway, who wasn't a very good passer after he broke his arm, at a sharp disadvantage. Once he lost the ability to fling it around the field, he had to rely on reading the defense, and making multiple reads across the formation. Broadway can't do it or was never made to. With the talk of Jalen Nixon possibly taking over for Broadway...it's gonna be more of the same from this year.
    Broadway started only 2 1/2 years and is right up in the record books with all the 4yr starters. Just look at the points JJ's offenses have put up since he got here. Nuf said like him or not. He is a seen as a good coach by his peers in his profession.

  9. #29
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,090

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    the only thing I did not like in the Haack Highlight video, is the lack of looking through his progressions, on almost every pass he threw to his first reciever, now in his defense that guy was usually open. What I would like to see is how Haack moves to his 2nd, 3rd options or to his checkdowns,

    I am a Haack guy myself, but I need a deeper sampling before I crown him.
    Most HS Quarterbacks do not really do check downs but have 1 read decisions....SS does this you do that, etc. That said we shall see what happens in the Spring....As long as we win with whoever starts I do not care.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, La.
    Posts
    886

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    What game was it that Hack drove them down the field and Broadway came in to finish off td drive. He looked pretty good in that crunch time
    CC


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Georgia State


  12. #32
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,090

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Georgia ST


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,721
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    hud will put the "safe" pick in he will go 8-4 , 7-5 rather than chance a 10-2 season or 2-10.. its his lively hood and safe is the way he and les Miles thinks


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    hud will put the "safe" pick in he will go 8-4 , 7-5 rather than chance a 10-2 season or 2-10.. its his lively hood and safe is the way he and les Miles thinks
    If Nixon is the "safe" pick, your admitting that there is risk in starting Haack?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,721
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    If Nixon is the "safe" pick, your admitting that there is risk in starting Haack?
    If you asking sh#t or shine mentality yes... Hud will go with mediocre (limited) in grand scheme to keep his job . Haack has huge upside and yet he is really unproven in grand scheme.. unproven given Hud will have to restructure the offence for. So Hud will go with the limited choice of wining 7-9 games a year rather than roll the dice with Haack who is better suited at winning conference out right or knocking off big time opponent.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    If you asking sh#t or shine mentality yes... Hud will go with mediocre (limited) in grand scheme to keep his job . Haack has huge upside and yet he is really unproven in grand scheme.. unproven given Hud will have to restructure the offence for. So Hud will go with the limited choice of wining 7-9 games a year rather than roll the dice with Haack who is better suited at winning conference out right or knocking off big time opponent.
    I listened to Kevin Foote this morning for first time in a long time and he said something that can't be argued with.....If the Cajuns win Saturday, we will be 1 of 4 mid majors out of 63 mid major teams to win 9 games, 4 years in a row.

    As Foote stated, many Cajun fans want something "different" (bowl, QB, etc). If we ask/want for something "different" next year, stats almost guarantee it means a step backwards as a program. I think what he said applies directly to what your asking for.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,721
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I listened to Kevin Foote this morning for first time in a long time and he said something that can't be argued with.....If the Cajuns win Saturday, we will be 1 of 4 mid majors out of 63 mid major teams to win 9 games, 4 years in a row.

    As Foote stated, many Cajun fans want something "different" (bowl, QB, etc). If we ask/want for something "different" next year, stats almost guarantee it means a step backwards as a program. I think what he said applies directly to what your asking for.
    duggie85, I respect your opinion as you seem to always have rational thoughts to offer in any discussion. We just simply differ on this situation going forward

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    duggie85, I respect your opinion as you seem to always have rational thoughts to offer in any discussion. We just simply differ on this situation going forward
    Thanks...Fair enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •