_ _ _ _

Thread: 2-1

Lafayette for 5 years...Currently BR/Prairieville

UL Football 2-1

I'll spare you the details of how this revelation came about, however I thought this may be a good "motto" for our guys on Saturday. "WE can deal with being 2-1, THEY cannot."

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by RealCajun70 View Post
    _ I'll spare you the details of how this revelation came about, however I thought this may be a good "motto" for our guys on Saturday. "WE can deal with being 2-1, THEY cannot."

3-0 should be a goal for any team, no matter your opponent!

Quote Originally Posted by ibldprplgld View Post
    _ 3-0 should be a goal for any team, no matter your opponent! _
    I agree...............

_ I'll spare you the details of how this revelation came about, however I thought this may be a good "motto" for our guys on Saturday. "WE can deal with being 2-1, THEY cannot."

GEAUX CAJUNS _

That is not a motto I'd want my team to carry into a game. You are basically saying that it is ok to take it up the rear and not compete to the level you are capable of. I think Bustle's motto is play your tail off and see where the chips fall. I can live with that as I'm sure most people can.

don't give up yet Z. I didn't realize that UL has only scored one touchdown on them in history. I am sure that is going to change this year. LSU's defense is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ That is not a motto I'd want my team to carry into a game. You are basically saying that it is ok to take it up the rear and not compete to the level you are capable of. I think Bustle's motto is play your tail off and see where the chips fall. I can live with that as I'm sure most people can. _
    That is not what I mean, but I realize everyone has interpretations of their own. Also realize it is not actually a motto, hence the quotation marks. In their eyes we are a "lowly" team, and in reading some of these boards I am disappointed that our fans have similar outlooks. But if that is how they perceive us, there is nothing we can do about it. All that we can do is deliver a crushing blow...a win. If you honestly think that me of all people would say it is ok to lay down and take an LSU beating up the rear...no offense but your nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ don't give up yet Z. I didn't realize that UL has only scored one touchdown on them in history. I am sure that is going to change this year. LSU's defense is suspect. _

Oh, I'm not giving up. However, I would not want my coach to walk into the lockerroom and say "Hey guys, lets go out there and do some good things and not get hurt because its ok if we're 2-1, but its not ok for them". Expectations and success should be measured in a game like this, on whether a team is able to perform to its abilities and execute against a superior opponent.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Oh, I'm not giving up. However, I would not want my coach to walk into the lockerroom and say "Hey guys, lets go out there and do some good things and not get hurt because its ok if we're 2-1, but its not ok for them". Expectations and success should be measured in a game like this, on whether a team is able to perform to its abilities and execute against a superior opponent. _
    And he wont. No coach has ever prepared his team to go in and keep it close and avoid injury. We are going in there to win. Bustle said so himself earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ And he wont. No coach has ever prepared his team to go in and keep it close and avoid injury. We are going in there to win. Bustle said so himself earlier this week. _

Nevermind....

_ That is not what I mean, but I realize everyone has interpretations of their own. Also realize it is not actually a motto, hence the quotation marks. In their eyes we are a "lowly" team, and in reading some of these boards I am disappointed that our fans have similar outlooks. But if that is how they perceive us, there is nothing we can do about it. All that we can do is deliver a crushing blow...a win. If you honestly think that me of all people would say it is ok to lay down and take an LSU beating up the rear...no offense but your nuts. _

My interpretation was only on what was said. Nobody on this board views our team as a "lowly" team. However, some see that there is a huge gap between that amount of talent they will put on the field compared to us. Nobody here does not hope and pull for a victory and no player or coach is going to walk out there not expecting to play their best and fight for a victory which was the exact point of my post. SOOOO, if we are fishing in the same pond then I apologize but it just seemed that you were suggesting something else...

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    I heard something today that made me think of this game and others like it. According to the laws of physics and the principles of flight, a bumblebee cannot fly...yet it does.

Your best bet is go into the game hoping your team plays their best but just hope they come out with minimal injuries. The only good thing coming out of Techs last two games is now we go into the winnable games with not many injuries. As you guys found out last year down the stretch, you want to go into conference with healthy players. nobody really expects you to come out of Baton Rouge with a victory. But hey I am sure Troy wasnt feeling that way either.

"As you guys found out last year down the stretch, you want to go into conference with healthy players."

Very true.