Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Last shoe to drop (Cajuns to CUSA speculation)

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Did T-Joe ever guarantee Tier 1? I've never heard anything from the University that said we're about to be Tier 1.
    No he's lying. Every universities ambition is to be mediocre. 😳

Z

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Last shoe to drop (Cajuns to CUSA speculation)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    No he's lying. Every universities ambition is to be mediocre. ��

Z
    LOL....based on that statement McNeese and ULM have passed us up....

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    LOL....based on that statement McNeese and ULM have passed us up....
    True!

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We have been being told for the last 5 years of Ray Ray, and ever since T-Joe has been there that Tier 1 was happening any time now. They lied Boomer; to us. Of course they never bothered to lie to anyone else to help us achieve any of our goals.

I would refer to T-Boy Hebert about the academic status of our university as he is the head of the Louisiana System Board---he knows where we have been, are now , and where we are headed---maybe I can get him to post an update on here!!! I found out a lot of things through a little research but maybe he can update us!!!

The Big XII will add Cincinnati and Memphis to bridge the gap between West Virginia and the rest of the league. Now....hold on to your hats......they may also consider USF and UCF and go to 14 to gain a foothold in Florida.
    I don't see Texas hanging around for this. In fact, I don't see Texas hanging around for anything that the Big 12 may have in mind. I don't know what Texas' next move is, but I can't see how their egos can support A&M lovin' life in the SEC while the Big 12 is adding BYU or any of the other teams mentioned.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I don't see Texas hanging around for this. In fact, I don't see Texas hanging around for anything that the Big 12 may have in mind. I don't know what Texas' next move is, but I can't see how their egos can support A&M lovin' life in the SEC while the Big 12 is adding BYU or any of the other teams mentioned.
    Since I last posted I will add that I believe that if the Big XII does expand Cincinnati is the most logical choice. Others in the hunt are BYU, Colorado ST, UCONN. Also USF, UCF, Tulane, Rice and Houston have been mentioned in various sports articles........who knows. I do not believe that the Conference will rush into this.

Since I last posted I will add that I believe that if the Big XII does expand Cincinnati is the most logical choice. Others in the hunt are BYU, Colorado ST, UCONN. Also USF, UCF, Tulane, Rice and Houston have been mentioned in various sports articles........who knows. I do not believe that the Conference will rush into this.
    They need to decide pretty soon if they don't want to miss out on the playoff. If it were me and there were no external factors in the decision I'd take BYU first because I think they would really excel in a situation like this. I still think regional is better. If they want to find people in the same region as West Virginia, UCONN would boost their basketball big time, both Men's and Women's.

I don't understand why Texas and Oklahoma didn't bolt for the SEC, unless they didn't think they could dominate. They have unlimited potential, so that's still a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    No he's lying. Every universities ambition is to be mediocre. ��

Z
    UL's potential makes me sad that I'm 59. I'd like to be around when it all comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    They need to decide pretty soon if they don't want to miss out on the playoff. If it were me and there were no external factors in the decision I'd take BYU first because I think they would really excel in a situation like this. I still think regional is better. If they want to find people in the same region as West Virginia, UCONN would boost their basketball big time, both Men's and Women's.

I don't understand why Texas and Oklahoma didn't bolt for the SEC, unless they didn't think they could dominate. They have unlimited potential, so that's still a head scratcher.
    For one thing Texas has a TV deal that any other school would kill for and they don't have to share much of it with the Big XII. I doubt they'd get to keep that in the SEC.

For Oklahoma, I'm sure tradition played a huge role. But hell, it's not like Oklahoma lost out. Top to bottom the Big XII has been the best or second best football conference in America.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

OK --- so how do the Cajuns match up in football---How much do they match up in the other sports???

They need to add Cincinnati and Louisville. That would make the most sense in my opinion.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    They need to add Cincinnati and Louisville. That would make the most sense in my opinion.
    Louisville is in the ACC why would they go to the Big 12?
    Last edited by MelRock; December 9th, 2014 at 10:25 pm. Reason: No bulldogs died during this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Louisville is in the ACC why would they go to the Big 12?
    Good point

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Good point
    I know I forgot about until I was watching basketball tonight. Much easier road to the championship in football through the ACC.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Texas has two realistic options, and neither allows them to dictate anything, PAC 12 & SEC. They love to dictate. IMO Texas will allow a couple of good candidates into the conference.

BYU has a Sunday ban, and that has to go away if they expect to gain Big XII.

I believe Louisville's goal for some time has been to get into the ACC which they are now apart of. I don't think they are going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Texas has two realistic options, and neither allows them to dictate anything, PAC 12 & SEC. They love to dictate. IMO Texas will allow a couple of good candidates into the conference.

BYU has a Sunday ban, and that has to go away if they expect to gain Big XII.
    I also hear BYU has to share their magic undies with the rest of the conference. Magic undies give them a distinct advantage.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6