Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    T, I am not suggesting that we confront Tech, only that we not trust them, and that we act accordingly.
    But what does that even mean?

Whether Tech is being honest with us or not, we still have to jump through the exact same hoops to get into C-USA.

Default Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Also, if T-Joe had half a brain, and I think he does, any favor he would give Tech in return would have to be contingent on us getting into Conference USA. Without a contingency, we have no idea if tech will even vote for us, much less lobby for us. But with the contingency we know that tech will be on our side lobbying hard for us.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Also, if T-Joe had half a brain, and I think he does, any favor he would give Tech in return would have to be contingent on us getting into Conference USA. Without a contingency, we have no idea if tech will even vote for us, much less lobby for us. But with the contingency we know that tech will be on our side lobbying hard for us.
    Contingent? That means you have to trust them. According to our rep on the UL System Board we have already done several favors for them. Yet we none of the rumors out of CUSA has them pushing UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Good Catholic---I will let the Lord judge

Is it a sin to tell a lie??? Well Catholicism allows it in certain situations---I don't know the circumstances of that Monroe scoreboard situation, but I will hold my opinion until that time that I know the circumstances---maybe he chose keeping his job as president and opting for a more opportune time to fight the fight---As a learned war historian I am sure you could give me instances where retreat was turned into eventual victory---What was the guy that said "I shall return"??? LOL What really matters to our university is how he will sway the reduction cuts and keep our university moving along in this serious battle---Like I am sure it will be the case with all the effected schools, Athletics funding will have to be probably cut but we shall see what happens> And yes I am glad to have him and our financial VP leading and battling for us!!!

Boomer in the minds of many military men and historians the guy who said "I shall return" wasn't wirth spit. He wasa pompous egotistic self-promoter. While many leaders share those traits to some extent, McArthur was over the top. What other General got the MoH for leaving his command to be overrun and captured?

Not the best comparison, Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Contingent? That means you have to trust them. According to our rep on the UL System Board we have already done several favors for them. Yet we none of the rumors out of CUSA has them pushing UL.
    Read the post again. It means you don't have to trust them.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boomer in the minds of many military men and historians the guy who said "I shall return" wasn't wirth spit. He wasa pompous egotistic self-promoter. While many leaders share those traits to some extent, McArthur was over the top. What other General got the MoH for leaving his command to be overrun and captured?

Not the best comparison, Boomer.

-Well perhaps many at the US Military Academy don't share your thoughts

As inspiring of a man that one can imagine --"Duty , Honor, Country---old soldiers never die they just fade away!!!--At the Tulane HC football game the cadets ran out to a sign by McArthur about a dangerous mission and that he needed 2 West Point Football players---We will agree to disagree---And BTW his landing in N Korea was as brilliant of a military strategic move as seen in war!!! Yea we will disagree!!! Oh and we did win WW2 when he returned!!!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As inspiring of a man that one can imagine --"Duty , Honor, Country---old soldiers never die they just fade away!!!--At the Tulane HC football game the cadets ran out to a sign by McArthur about a dangerous mission and that he needed 2 West Point Football players---We will agree to disagree---And BTW his landing in N Korea was as brilliant of a military strategic move as seen in war!!! Yea we will disagree!!! Oh and we did win WW2 when he returned!!!

He was a Brilliant General Boomer....but also exactly as Hammer described him..he was sacked by President Truman for his insubordination. ......I have 2 biographies on The General in my library...

Yes. Inchon was a great success...executed by the Marine Corps.

His strategy to return to the Philippines was purely for personal glory. It was not strategically necessary as Japan was defeated by then. Ninth wanted to bypass the Phillipenes as it wasn't necessary strategically. But Mc Arthur overruled him. And in order to take the Philipenes he decided that Peleliu had to be taken to secure his flank. Over 1,500 Marines were killed and over 6,600 were wounded in what was essentially an unessecary battle.

It was no accident that McArthur's staff was made up of yes men and former Hollywood PR men.it was also McArthur who suspended many of the war crimes trials for Jap military who had murderin red allied POWs. He also disregarded intel about the Chinese and their response if he continued to push to their border resulting in their entry into the war and the loss of all the gains we had made. Yes, he gave a great speech at West Point after Truman sacked him for insubordination in Korea but does he's alone do not make a great general. He is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He was a Brilliant General Boomer....but also exactly as Hammer described him..he was sacked by President Truman for his insubordination. ......I have 2 biographies on The General in my library...

It's no accident that one of those biographies us entitled "American Caeser".

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's no accident that one of those biographies us entitled "American Caeser".
    ---And as usual we will agree to disagree on the subject!!!!

---And as usual we will agree to disagree on the subject!!!!
    Hey boom....read a little about the guy

Yes. Inchon was a great success...executed by the Marine Corps.

His strategy to return to the Philippines was purely for personal glory. It was not strategically necessary as Japan was defeated by then. Ninth wanted to bypass the Phillipenes as it wasn't necessary strategically. But Mc Arthur overruled him. And in order to take the Philipenes he decided that Peleliu had to be taken to secure his flank. Over 1,500 Marines were killed and over 6,600 were wounded in what was essentially an unessecary battle.

It was no accident that McArthur's staff was made up of yes men and former Hollywood PR men.it was also McArthur who suspended many of the war crimes trials for Jap military who had murderin red allied POWs. He also disregarded intel about the Chinese and their response if he continued to push to their border resulting in their entry into the war and the loss of all the gains we had made. Yes, he gave a great speech at West Point after Truman sacked him for insubordination in Korea but does he's alone do not make a great general. He is overrated.

Overrated...not sure about that one my friend....incredibly narcissistic? Absolutely ....but this is a discussion you and I will have one day at my house in Arnaudville ...or your future new home.....with our bellies full, glasses charged and with a fine cigar

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Friday morning bump.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Well I do not know enough about McArthur being all this or all that, but unlike McArthur being sacked by the president t-jo will never be sacked for telling Bruno and Tabby we are Louisiana period. IMO t-jo is more like the French Vichy government.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well I do not know enough about McArthur being all this or all that, but unlike McArthur being sacked by the president t-jo will never be sacked for telling Bruno and Tabby we are Louisiana period. IMO t-jo is more like the French Vichy government.

Nothing a little channeling of the ghost of George Patton would cure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Patton was a great combat commander and while I admire that this situation calls for an Eisenhower or Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    He was sacked too...

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Patton was a great combat commander and while I admire that this situation calls for an Eisenhower or Marshall.
    I want Bradley or Mark Clark; two guys who recognized that their constituency was the grunts on the ground, not the generals in the fine hotels.

I would even take Chesty Puller.

Maybe one of those guys could get us out of this stinkin' conference?

talk about thread drift..LMAO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Friday morning bump.
    Glued to the rope. We not letting Martin Hall easy. I hope they are reading this everyday cause I'm joining ZEEBART in keeping this issue on the fore front!!!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast