Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

So we were to have hired a consultant to help us get into another conference

Was he successful or has he done the work or is he still trying???

As I said earlier... We are arguing over nothing. Martin Hall ( T-Ray, Farmer, ET.ALL ) are putting up a "pillow fight " offensive strategy to SHUT US UP!!!! Please don't assign our desire with theirs. Seriously, when is the last time your heard ANYONE with UL talk about the subject in an aggressive manner

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Ha! Probably still crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on his contract.

That is what I was told are the only things that are left to finish to complete the point system. That when I asked about it in January...

I really have no idea. I stopped trying to figure out what they are doing behind the steel curtain. They don't want us to know what they are doing for some reason and it's just too frustrating being treated like an idiot every time I ask a question.
    These smug morons don't realize that this athletic run that we're on doesn't happen. They don't realize that all this momentum should be being harnessed and used for future progress. Support and excitement will never be as high as it is right now. They just think we'll shut up and continue opening our wallets like we always have..

They think wrong.. They have for a long time.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Ha! Probably still crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on his contract.

That is what I was told are the only things that are left to finish to complete the point system. That when I asked about it in January...

I really have no idea. I stopped trying to figure out what they are doing behind the steel curtain. They don't want us to know what they are doing for some reason and it's just too frustrating being treated like an idiot every time I ask a question.
    If you don't tell anyone anything then when it blows up in your face whatever you say about it can't be proven wrong...

Blog Entries

In fact this is the last time I comment on this. Insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!!

Going to bed....that's all folks!

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Going to bed....that's all folks!
    ---AGain I don't know the name but I think he had been a commish of a conference and was plotting the things that we necessarily needed to get into a stronger conference---I think you can remember this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, once Tech has garnered enough votes from other schools to keep us out, they will vote for us. Your boys are gullible enough to believe them when they then say they supported us.
    HA! Mary Landrieu and several other politicians were/are darned good at that!

---AGain I don't know the name but I think he had been a commish of a conference and was plotting the things that we necessarily needed to get into a stronger conference---I think you can remember this!!!
    I remember something vaguely about that Boom, but it has been a while... Not sure how that ever panned out...

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I remember something vaguely about that Boom, but it has been a while... Not sure how that ever panned out...

-Nor am I ---but just seems I remember a retired commissioner that was actively working in this capacity!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    As I said earlier... We are arguing over nothing. Martin Hall ( T-Ray, Farmer, ET.ALL ) are putting up a "pillow fight " offensive strategy to SHUT US UP!!!! Please don't assign our desire with theirs. Seriously, when is the last time your heard ANYONE with UL talk about the subject in an aggressive manner
    Robichaux said "No More Pillow Fights"

I do remember the name ....and he was not hired. I am also done commenting on this....I will do something constructive this morning.....going fishing....

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, once Tech has garnered enough votes from other schools to keep us out, they will vote for us. Your boys are gullible enough to believe them when they then say they supported us.
    For those who don't understand?

LTUR = Senator Mary Landrieu.
    Always the vote the party can count on to bring in an unpopular legislation, judge. Always votes with conservatives when her vote matters not one way or the other.

After we are surly ice out they cry foul.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    If you don't tell anyone anything then when it blows up in your face whatever you say about it can't be proven wrong...
    Common sense dictates that if we're serious about advancing athletics, this is one test we MUST pass. Failure is not an option, and it only comes if we didn't do enough as far as I'm concerned. No initiative makes sense or is attainable without a conference upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Common sense dictates that if we're serious about advancing athletics, this is one test we MUST pass. Failure is not an option, and it only comes if we didn't do enough as far as I'm concerned. No initiative makes sense or is attainable without a conference upgrade.
    Farmer and Savoie haven't been studying. They made a few calls to their old SBC buddies in CUSA for answers to the old test. We have to hope and pray we get in based on the fact that our coaches and players bust their respective asses on the court, diamond, and field.

Reading Chad Bishops (WKU beat writer) twitter feed about CUSA membership. The tweet below really made me shake my head.

@MrChadBishop: They haven't shown much interest, last I heard RT @Bossman_Don: @MrChadBishop @EBER4 who's #2 behind USA? My guess is ULL.

Who hasn't shown much interest? UL? OMG! Someone better get on it. I agree with others, SBC can't screw us any more than Karl already does... Nothing to lose! At least get your supporters behind you and let them know you are making an effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Reading Chad Bishops (WKU beat writer) twitter feed about CUSA membership. The tweet below really made me shake my head.

@MrChadBishop: They haven’t shown much interest, last I heard RT @Bossman_Don: @MrChadBishop @EBER4 who's #2 behind USA? My guess is ULL.
    A tweet that launched a thousand posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Who hasn't shown much interest? UL? OMG! Someone better get on it. I agree with others, SBC can't screw us any more than Karl already does... Nothing to lose! At least get your supporters behind you and let them know you are making an effort!
    Yup UL hasn't shown much interest. How true that is I don't know but I felt like stirring the pot...

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    A tweet that launched a thousand posts.
    Don't worry about me...just doing a little trolling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

@MrChadBishop: They haven’t shown much interest, last I heard RT @Bossman_Don: @MrChadBishop @EBER4 who's #2 behind USA? My guess is ULL.
    Sadly, all he has is a guess. USA still doesn't have the votes at this time, so this could be tabled for another year. That is what a few of us are hearing.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast