Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Default Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Assuming UAB football is a gone pecan, the CUSA east/west compromise is going to 16 teams. UL, GA St, and pick'em -StAte or USA. It's almost revenue neutral, lowers travel costs, strengthens competitiveness of the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'm sticking to my sources, La Trch is not supporting us. Believe what you want about political support, but it is in their best interest to keep us out.

If you can't see that you are as blind as a bat. What political help do they need? USNWR Tier 1, more than we can say. So please tell me how do they need us to be in cusa?
    My source is BOP and a couple other posters (Cajun T?) backed him up. I said the exact same the same thing you said because it was hard for me to beleive too. Evidently La Tech is happy to scratch our back on this issue in exchange for us scratching their back on another issue. BOP isn't in the habit of posting things that aren't accurate, so I'll take his word for it.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    My source is BOP and a couple other posters (Cajun T?) backed him up. I said the exact same the same thing you said because it was hard for me to beleive too. Evidently La Tech is happy to scratch our back on this issue in exchange for us scratching their back on another issue. BOP isn't in the habit of posting things that aren't accurate, so I'll take his word for it.
    My sources are from USM and one other Cusa program. I'll take their word for it.

When we don't get the invite La Tech will say they lobbied for us. But the truth will be the opposite.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My sources are from USM and one other Cusa program. I'll take their word for it.

When we don't get the invite La Tech will say they lobbied for us. But the truth will be the opposite.

So what does the president of the Louisiana System board think??? I think he would be "THE SOURCE"!!

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

So what does the president of the Louisiana System board think??? I think he would be "THE SOURCE"!!

Boomer, once Tech has garnered enough votes from other schools to keep us out, they will vote for us. Your boys are gullible enough to believe them when they then say they supported us.

Blog Entries

its a moot point fellas when Martin Hall isn't trying all out in the first place. Hell, Ray Jr is afraid to offend Ulmost with the name issue..

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    its a moot point fellas when Martin Hall isn't trying all out in the first place. Hell, Ray Jr is afraid to offend Ulmost with the name issue..
    Which is pretty much our point to begin with.

I think you are mistaking fan sentiment for administration sentiment. That's two different animals.

Everything posted here must be true. After all, this is a message board on the internet! LMFAO!

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I think you are mistaking fan sentiment for administration sentiment. That's two different animals.
    Hawk, I am 99% certain that this info is accurate. I haven't been wrong on any realignment with the exception of Tulane.

We will miss out if it's just one program, maybe even miss out if it's three.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I would travel to a lot more games in cusa than the SBC, for all sports.
    Well being in a conference with S. Miss and Rice will make it automatically easier to go to other games. And we would be trading one N. La team for another. Western Kentucky, Arkansas State and S. Alabama are my other favorite schools for competition. Then the newest is Texas St.! After that, I do not care what conference we are in. The rest of the schools in both conferences are the same to me.

Oh, I'm sure oh, just hypothetically, Tech wants to plunder ULMost, we want in CUSA. Name change game 2.0, and in long term win/win for us and the necksters.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No one has the votes right now .....and I knew about Tulane weeks before it happened

There are so many scenarios being tossed around right now it will make your head spin.....1st, as everyone knows, nothing has happened to UAB yet. There is no consensus yet on a candidate if UAB is booted....period. my only concern right now is what are we doing to sell our program to CUSA membership in case of an opening. We can control that and I am sorry to say I don't think we are doing enough....jmo

If anyone still believes we're getting out of the belt, why are you doing this to yourself? Farmer loves his cushy poations within the belt, and isn't looking to go any where. If by some colossal miracle we do get invited, it will not be because of anything we've done. It will be by default and on the backs of our excellent coaches and student-athletes.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    There are so many scenarios being tossed around right now it will make your head spin.....1st, as everyone knows, nothing has happened to UAB yet. There is no consensus yet on a candidate if UAB is booted....period. my only concern right now is what are we doing to sell our program to CUSA membership in case of an opening. We can control that and I am sorry to say I don't think we are doing enough....jmo

So we were to have hired a consultant to help us get into another conference

Was he successful or has he done the work or is he still trying???

We hired no one as far as I know Boom.....

Blog Entries

Ha! Probably still crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on his contract.

That is what I was told are the only things that are left to finish to complete the point system. That when I asked about it in January...

I really have no idea. I stopped trying to figure out what they are doing behind the steel curtain. They don't want us to know what they are doing for some reason and it's just too frustrating being treated like an idiot every time I ask a question.

We have not hired anyone..
    Hell, we can't even hire someone to run our own private fund properly..

I hate to say this but I am disappointed....I hope that some things have gone on behind the scenes.....but the track record over the years is not encouraging

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast