Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Default Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Should be interesting to see. I just have a tough time understanding how they could feasibly reconstruct a team anytime soon.....after losing their players, etc.

Let's not beat around the bush. The decision to shut down UAB football was made long before the first report was issued. That report was only created so UAB officials could present some sort of justification for the decision. Those same officials are still in charge at UAB. I think it's safe to assume the reason why these same officials have ordered a new study is so they can have yet another study to use as a justification for their decision. Surely they didn't hire this new firm hoping they'd arrive at a different conclusion.

UAB football is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hopefully this is the last nail in the coffin.
    For whom?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't be disappointed when we get left out again. We got Farmer calling AD's. South Alabama's president is meeting CUSA presidents.

Who is pushing harder?

CUSA schools are split. The Eastern schools want a Eastward shift. The West are resisting. Neither has the vote to prevail.

We need to be a lot more proactive. I suspect we need to do much more Self promoting than we are so we will be the obvious choice wherever a spot opens.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Let's not beat around the bush. The decision to shut down UAB football was made long before the first report was issued. That report was only created so UAB officials could present some sort of justification for the decision. Those same officials are still in charge at UAB. I think it's safe to assume the reason why these same officials have ordered a new study is so they can have yet another study to use as a justification for their decision. Surely they didn't hire this new firm hoping they'd arrive at a different conclusion.

UAB football is dead.
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    For whom?
    UAB...

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Should be interesting to see. I just have a tough time understanding how they could feasibly reconstruct a team anytime soon.....after loosing their players, etc.
    Players...thou art loosed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don't be disappointed when we get left out again. We got Farmer calling AD's. South Alabama's president is meeting CUSA presidents.

Who is pushing harder?

CUSA schools are split. The Eastern schools want a Eastward shift. The West are resisting. Neither has the vote to prevail.

We need to be a lot more proactive. I suspect we need to do much more Self promoting than we are so we will be the obvious choice wherever a spot opens.
    Farmer, haha what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Players...thou art loosed.
    Lol...took me a few seconds to get it.

Administration is happy where we are, there is no need for self-promotion. Even if we did get offered we probably deny it anyway.

We know our place and CUSA is not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Administration is happy where we are, there is no need for self-promotion. Even if we did get offered we probably deny it anyway.

We know our place and CUSA is not it.
    Sad, but true!

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

La Tech is pushing stAte, USM is pushing the Cajuns. The compromise in the west is South Al. We will get left out and T-Joe will let it fall on Farmer. Reality is that in this current economical climate T-Joe will sacrifice athletics.

They still fail to understand that we are growing rapidly because our sports are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    La Tech is pushing stAte, USM is pushing the Cajuns. The compromise in the west is South Al. We will get left out and T-Joe will let it fall on Farmer. Reality is that in this current economical climate T-Joe will sacrifice athletics.

They still fail to understand that we are growing rapidly because our sports are winning.
    FWIW, all of the decent sources at UL have said LA Tech is at the very least not going to oppose us. And all of the decent sources coming out of Arkansas State have said they aren't on CUSA's radar.

FWIW, all of the decent sources at UL have said LA Tech is at the very least not going to oppose us. And all of the decent sources coming out of Arkansas State have said they aren't on CUSA's radar.
    StAtes AD took a public dump on CUSA not very long ago FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    StAtes AD took a public dump on CUSA not very long ago FWIW
    So CajunRebel and you have basically shot down cajun4life's theory.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Where is our UL System rep who told us all the good will he was building by helping Tech push all their projects through the System for approval. All that was to guarantee that they would not dare to oppose our membership. Did ArkSt help them even more with the UL System?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Where is our UL System rep who told us all the good will he was building by helping Tech push all their projects through the System for approval. All that was to guarantee that they would not dare to oppose our membership. Did ArkSt help them even more with the UL System?
    Oh my......

Blog Entries

Not getting my hopes up again... Our Admint has let us down too many times. They do just enough to keep the uninformed quite

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm sticking to my sources, La Trch is not supporting us. Believe what you want about political support, but it is in their best interest to keep us out.

If you can't see that you are as blind as a bat. What political help do they need? USNWR Tier 1, more than we can say. So please tell me how do they need us to be in cusa?

Blog Entries

I'm sticking to my sources, La Trch is not supporting us. Believe what you want about political support, but it is in their best interest to keep us out.

If you can't see that you are as blind as a bat. What political help do they need? USNWR Tier 1, more than we can say. So please tell me how do they need us to be in cusa?
    I agree 100% They got where they needed to be and they are willing to suffer the consequences by being back stabbing!! This is Laturd we talking about.. Promise one thing and renig

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast