Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

The best way to be sure Martin Hall gets it is to send a certified letter to t-jo with all our names attached, and by that I mean our actual names. After all we just asking for something honorable, and no need to cower for most of us who have no financial or job ties to UL.

Default Re: Could UL replace UAB in Conference USA?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The best way to be sure Martin Hall gets it is to send a certified letter to t-jo with all our names attached, and by that I mean our actual names. After all we just asking for something honorable, and no need to cower for most of us who have no financial or job ties to UL.
    This is a great idea. So who will be our Thomas Jefferson?? (Anyone but Boomer)

I'll gladly sign.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    He was sacked too...

Actually it was Truman who should have been fired---Could have listened to Patton and McA and stopped the communists--Yes a great war but look at the Millions and millions that have been slaughtered because of allowing communism to grow!!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Whatever you do don't email. His handlers will not any negativity get through his office door, so it's a waste of time.

Z

HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    "AState will make any move that makes financial sense or if there is an advantage in it. The closest CUSA is basically the same drive as the closest Sun Belt football school. Our neighbors down US49 would be appealing, but would AState shell out $3 million to join CUSA not knowing what the next TV deal is for CUSA? That would be a hard sell.

I don't in any way think AState and UL are joined other than that we share common vision and goals about the direction of athletics and share similar concerns about what teams may be added.

Am I skeptical that La.Tech would support UL? Absolutely. They share primary recruiting area. They both are trying to get support in overlapping areas, they have radio stations in the same markets. I can totally see them walking out of a CUSA meeting having cast a vote for the Cajuns after lobbying everyone to vote against them.

USA doesn't address what CUSA East seems to want (a Virginia school) but they aren't much worse than UAB for most of them to reach and they are actually a bit easier to reach for most of the West. They keep CUSA in Alabama."

The above quote from Mark Ferguson, an Arkansas State insider and the guru for all things Sun Belt contains a jewel which confirms my own beliefs about LaTech. Savoie better be burning up the phone lines with CUSA presidents to counter the poison being spewed by Ruston.
    One has to wonder how the $3M cost to join CUSA is impacting any decision Dr. S and Farmer are making on this. UL's first response to increased costs is usually "we can't afford this" or "where will we cut expenses". A preferred approach would be "how do we raise the money", then go out and do it for something so important. Yet another reason for having an RCAF director in place. Let's hope the $3M fee is not a barrier to our aggressively seeking membership in CUSA.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would gladly put up 3K for my portion and there are 1800 Plus RCAF members. There is more than three million available. No, I am not giving them extra money without a dedicated reason.

What's the required vote from CUSA members?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    What's the required vote from CUSA members?
    75%, or 11 of the 14 current members. Goes to 10 of the 13 members if UAB is booted.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    75%, or 11 of the 14 current members. Goes to 10 of the 13 members if UAB is booted.
    Exactly...and USA nor anyone else right now has the votes if the opening occurs. ..and that IF is getting bigger by the day

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Exactly...and USA nor anyone else right now has the votes if the opening occurs. ..and that IF is getting bigger by the day
    Which is why it won't be one school receiving an invite. It'll be 3 (to get to 16) or none.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I want Bradley or Mark Clark; two guys who recognized that their constituency was the grunts on the ground, not the generals in the fine hotels.

I would even take Chesty Puller.
    Chesty Puller was one of the greatest Marine Corps leaders ever. Definitely the most decorated. The Inchon amphibious landing in Korea being a tremendous military tactic given the challenges with timing of the tidal ranges. Element of surprise and tenacity of the Marines won the day, too.

Cajun athletics are better off than four years ago. Wierdly, the odds always seem against us in the world of college athletics despite the Acadiana/SWLA region having so many things going for it. There is a disconnect between the big time positive mojo in our Acadiana economic and cultural powerhouse identity compared with the small time athletic conference UL now occupies. That seems to be one source of the rage expressed on this forum. Sure hoping UL leaders surprise us all by winning the day this June with CUSA.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Chesty Puller was one of the greatest Marine Corps leaders ever. Definitely the most decorated. The Inchon amphibious landing in Korea being a tremendous military tactic given the challenges with timing of the tidal ranges. Element of surprise and tenacity of the Marines won the day, too.

Cajun athletics are better off than four years ago. Wierdly, the odds always seem against us in the world of college athletics despite the Acadiana/SWLA region having so many things going for it. There is a disconnect between the big time positive mojo in our Acadiana economic and cultural powerhouse identity compared with the small time athletic conference UL now occupies. That seems to be one source of the rage expressed on this forum. Sure hoping UL leaders surprise us all by winning the day this June with CUSA.
    Even greater than Inchon was his leadership at The Chosin Reservoir. Surrounded and outnumbered in horrific weather conditions he not only held his command together he inspired and lead them in an organized fighting breakout to return yo friendly lines. I'm privileged yo know an old Marine veteran, one of The Chosin Few, who still holds Chesty in high esteem and speaks with great pride of his personal encounter with Chesty one night while standing his post shortly before the Chinese attack.

That's the difference between most of the Generals mentioned here (except Dougout Doug) and our "leadership". Those great leaders knew how to communicate objectives to their troops as well as motivate and inspire them to achieve those objectives. Even hard taskmasters like Patton were held in high esteem by their men long after the conflict. Our admin does nothing to articulate our objectives (unless you consider being comfortable the ultimate objective) and less to inspire confidence in their abilities.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Tony, you know how hard it was for me to list a Marine general. lol

But Chesty and Omar were the kind of guys we need at UL in our leadership.

Which is why it won't be one school receiving an invite. It'll be 3 (to get to 16) or none.
    The CUSA Commissioner has always been for expanding to 16.....if whomever they are negotiating the new CUSA TV contract with demands more content for Football.....more games....that could push CUSA to 16. If that's the case we will back in. We are members of a Transitions League that is basically an "FCS+" league. Every single HS Coach I speak to over here in Houston at Clinics that I still attend will tell you what they tell me....that CUSA is a better league. That is the perception of our league that all of our head Coaches have to deal with. In recruiting, perception IS reality. We had a great recruiting season this year. In my opinion, our best ever. But ask our Coaches and they will tell you that with a lot of kids we were hurt by the fact that we are in the Belt. If the opening occurs and USA gets the invite they are located right in the middle of Huds recruiting stronghold and South Alabama's attitude is they will step over dead children to get out of the SBC. We apparently are happy where we are....at least thats the perception that a lot of folks have. Who in their right mind thinks that we will raise the 50 million dollars in cash up front to begin construction of Phase 2 while remaining in a Conference that continues to lose members and add FCS start ups to replace the loss?? We are going to sell even more season tickets with a schedule that includes USM, Rice, Marshall and Louisiana Tech along with old SBC members WKU, MTSU and UNT....period. We will rot on the vine if we are stuck in this Conference much longer.

In addition to my above post I would like to add that my biggest beef with this matter is our apparent tepid efforts to acquire membership in CUSA. Our fans are very forgiving and would forgive failure to achieve this goal IF OUR ADMINISTRATION were to go balls to the wall and give us an effort worthy of a loyal fan base. I want you to fight your ___ off T Joe.....we at the very least deserve that.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    In addition to my above post I would like to add that my biggest beef with this matter is our apparent tepid efforts to acquire membership in CUSA. Our fans are very forgiving and would forgive failure to achieve this goal IF OUR ADMINISTRATION were to go balls to the wall and give us an effort worthy of a loyal fan base. I want you to fight your ___ off T Joe.....we at the very least deserve that.
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Z

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Z
    Dare I add the last part of that quote?

It smells like victory...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast