Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    What happened before last year as it pertains to rankings is mute. In the polls that used to matter, Marshall was in the top 25 for several weeks.
    But not in the CFP rankings.

The reason they weren't was their OOC, which had no power five schools in it.

And, you are right. Had we gone 12-0 we'd be making big bowl plans. We would have wins over Boise and Ole Miss.
    I would think though that this means CUSA needs a strong member on the football field. 13-0 isn't enough to get it done in the current CUSA, and it's going to cost them millions one day unless they upgrade the conference on the field. The CFP made that painfully clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I would think though that this means CUSA needs a strong member on the football field. 13-0 isn't enough to get it done in the current CUSA, and it's going to cost them millions one day unless they upgrade the conference on the field. The CFP made that painfully clear.
    No it was Marshall's OOC that hurt them not bring in cusa... They basically played an 11 game G5 and 1 tune up schedule... 3 MAC, Rhode Island was their OOC. If they have even 1 decent P5 win in there, they would get the access at 13-0....easily

Default Re: Texas State

I do not think ANYONE can say with certainty whether Marshall would be the Access Bowl Pick if they would have gone 13-0. I, for one, think they would be the pick (over the two loss BSU) simply because of the effect the screaming ZERO under their "Loss Column" would have on the voters.

Last edited by tdncz; December 5th, 2014 at 09:53 am. Reason: Stupid typo...

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I do not think ANYONE can say with certainty whether Marshall would be the Access Bowl Pick if they would have gone 13-0. I, for one, think they would be the pick (over the two loss BSU) simply because of the effect the screaming ZERO under their "Loss Column" would have on the voters.
    With their current schedule, no... But if they woulda went 13-0 and replaced 1 of their OOC with a P5 I think they are a shoe in.

Florida State is undergoing the same scrutiny right now ... they continue to move down ... and Georgia Tech just might be primed.

Like I said: IF they would have won out - and went 13-0 after beating LaTech (who is in the "other votes" column in the Top 25 polls), I think that such a record (and winning the conference championship) would have been enough - simply because lots of folks know just how tough it is to go 13-0 regardless of schedule.
    BUT WKU solved this riddle for up... So we will never know.

Like I said: IF they would have won out - and went 13-0 after beating LaTech (who is in the "other votes" column in the Top 25 polls), I think that such a record (and winning the conference championship) would have been enough - simply because lots of folks know just how tough it is to go 13-0 regardless of schedule.
    BUT WKU solved this riddle for up... So we will never know.
    Possibly this year since Boise lost 2 games, but most years that schedule and 13-0 wouldn't cut the mustard.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    South Alabama does not beat us on facilities. They do not have an own campus football stadium and there is no way there softball stadium compares to ours.. I am not sure what the budget is for USA but I bet it is not much different than ours. One thing none of those schools can match us with and that is fan support and perhaps more importantly, the passion of our fans. I understand that may not be the major factor in decision making.
    IMO nobody beats us on facilities. IPF, the new athletic center, improved Cajun Field, Softball jewel. Baseball not so much, but great history. Track not so much but honestly the important things we are great. The things for the athletes. Cajun Dome to be updated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO nobody beats us on facilities. IPF, the new athletic center, improved Cajun Field, Softball jewel. Baseball not so much, but great history. Track not so much but honestly the important things we are great. The things for the athletes. Cajun Dome to be updated.
    Could not agree more

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4