Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Official C-USA Expansion Rumors Thread

Default Re: Official C-USA Expansion Rumors Thread

I haven't really followed all of this stuff (finals week and whatnot), are there any new developments? Are we still in discussion for C-USA?

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I haven't really followed all of this stuff (finals week and whatnot), are there any new developments? Are we still in discussion for C-USA?
    You missed nothing. After the announcement that UAB dropped football, there's still going to be a delay until end of spring to know if CUSA is going to drop UAB from the conference (for other sports). They will. Then, they'll decide who they're going to add. We're not going to hear what the CUSA presidents think until the end of spring. And, we're not going to hear what our admin does in the meantime to sell us to CUSA. In other words, there's no "info" that's coming out for several months.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Oh... and I'm proud of you for buckling down during finals week and not staying up on the CUSA saga that is not.

Ha thanks. It was a long week. And yeah that's what I figured. Just making sure since this is a 14 page thread

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Ha thanks. It was a long week. And yeah that's what I figured. Just making sure since this is a 14 page thread
    Actually, there is a little bit more to the story. Now that C-USA and AAC know that the Big 12 is having discussions with schools to add to their conference, C-USA & AAC have changed their focus, C-USA especially. Instead of looking at only one school, C-USA now needs to look at adding more to offset the possible pilfering of more than one of their members. AAC is preparing in case they need to look in more than one direction to replace any schools leaving their ranks. While it's likely there won't be any announced movements until this spring, the discussions of who will be part of the conversations will pick up next month.

Quote Originally Posted by ccap05 View Post
    The Cajuns are simply not in the picture right now. Tulane is in the discussion. Arguing that the Cajuns are a better pick than Tulane for the Big XII is interesting but it is simply not going to happen in the current state of things. It seems that it is likely that a jump to the AAC is possible if Tulane is not a member.
    No sitting member of the Sun Belt Conference will ever be added to the AAC. It's a perception thing, and the perception of the SBC is that it is the worst FBS conference in the country. When they need to, the AAC will take whoever they want from CUSA, who in turn will take whoever they want from the SBC. Another thing. Everyone should just stop with the talk of UL to the Big 12. It is ridiculous to think that the Big 12 would ever consider adding a sitting member of the SBC. We have one chance of getting out of the SBC this year, and that's if we're invited to join CUSA. Other than that, we're stuck right where we are. Now having said all that, if we ever do get into CUSA, there is no reason we wouldn't be considered by the AAC if they expand later.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    ...the thud you readers just heard was not the sound of harsh reality sinking in; it was actually the sound of a nearly-full can of cold Milwaukee's Best Light hitting the floor.
    ---And some live in a world of ignorance---read my post to BB--oh and I don't drink alcohol!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....I don't understand why the press hasn't asked our pres, AD, head coaches about all facets of our big 12 desires......now if there are things that need not be known for special reasons I understand, but guys ask!!!
    I'm with you 100% Boomer. You "ALWAYS" market above your current intended target. It does two things it raises perception for you current target and exposes potential to your future market.

No luxury car makers would be in business if they only exposed their cars to individuals over a certain income.

You must market to your long range destination years and years before you have a chance. If you wait till you or they are "ready" it will be the first time they hear of you and your message will go in one ear and out the other.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14