Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The official GET RID OF THE UL "THIS IS OUR TIME" COMMERCIAL

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . The official GET RID OF THE UL "THIS IS OUR TIME" COMMERCIAL

PLEASE!! This is the most embarrassing and childish commercial i've ever seen. Are we selling a junior high prep school or a University? This is the second year for this commercial and it needs to be the last. A new commercial needs to be done quickly before the bowl game. Can't be too hard to have a grown up commercial done in short time.

Default Re: The official GET RID OF THE UL "THIS IS OUR TIME" COMMERCIAL

A buddy of mine put this video together! I think he did a great job at it. But I'll let him know that you don't like it a a maybe he can put another one together

did you see the one lsu has been playing? it looks like they trying to sell a peewee football game, ours may not be great but lsus makes ours look super professional

not saying we should settle, because other schools have much better commercials

i seriously thought the lsu one was a joke when i saw it, looked like a lame frat party in front of a building, somebody in a tiger suit, just so elementary school pep rallyish to me

Show em the app state commercial..

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    did you see the one lsu has been playing? it looks like they trying to sell a peewee football game, ours may not be great but lsus makes ours look super professional

not saying we should settle, because other schools have much better commercials

i seriously thought the lsu one was a joke when i saw it, looked like a lame frat party in front of a building, somebody in a tiger suit, just so elementary school pep rallyish to me
    Basically it's " We've got football, btw did you hear? We have SEC football. Degrees? Oh yeah there those too."

I like the commercial. I think it shows our University in a very positive way.

Remove the big data part and you may have something.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Remove the big data part and you may have something.
    Big Data" is an industry term in IT. This is what they are referring to, I believe:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_data

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    "Big Data" is an industry term in IT. This is what they are referring to, I believe:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_data
    Would be nice to show 3D virtual animations when pointing out the LITE center...would be good to say something about the robotics achievements, engineering, nursing, business, computer science (besides "big data") while they're at it. I guess I'm in the minority, I just don't like it and it looks childish for a school that is trying to attract students from all over the country. Doesn't speak to me, but I'm a 51 year old fart I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Would be nice to show 3D virtual animations when pointing out the LITE center...would be good to say something about the robotics achievements, engineering, nursing, business, computer science (besides "big data") while they're at it. I guess I'm in the minority, I just don't like it and it looks childish for a school that is trying to attract students from all over the country. Doesn't speak to me, but I'm a 51 year old fart I guess.
    Nah its just not a very good commercial... Compared to the one that App State together, ours looked cheap.

Basically it's " We've got football, btw did you hear? We have SEC football. Degrees? Oh yeah there those too."
    they have degrees? id never guess ive only ever heard it referenced as a football team

This university is capable of putting out a much more professional product in this. I never liked this commercial at all.

Blog Entries

I liked the commercial.

I liked it a lot.

but not for a season long run.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I agree, I want something more serious as well. It's very whimsical. But hey maybe the focus groups know something we don't???

does "research for a reason" mean something? seriously? who researches things "for the ____ of it". i get the young theme though it is aimed at 17-18 year olds shopping schools

Either way the commercial is from 2012 that alone is reason for a new one.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I agree, I want something more serious as well. It's very whimsical. But hey maybe the focus groups know something we don't???
    I was wondering about that. I guess as an ancient beast, I'm thinking the commercials should advertise a solid academic institution, to make potential students and parents think well of their investment. These commercials center around, "You'll have a feel good experience at this diverse university.". It must be that as you're competing for the students we consider at-large, it's important to make them feel like it's a low pressure chummy social club... where they could end up with a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was wondering about that. I guess as an ancient beast, I'm thinking the commercials should advertise a solid academic institution, to make potential students and parents think well of their investment. These commercials center around, "You'll have a feel good experience at this diverse university.". It must be that as you're competing for the students we consider at-large, it's important to make them feel like it's a low pressure chummy social club... where they could end up with a degree.
    Yeah, there's no 'nerds' shown in the commercial. We need the nerd element thrown in there, but instead of the traditional "showing dudes in lab coats with glasses etc, we show goPro video of the Mech Eng Baja team, the CAPE satellite, etc. Action shots...

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Yeah, there's no 'nerds' shown in the commercial. We need the nerd element thrown in there, but instead of the traditional "showing dudes in lab coats with glasses etc, we show goPro video of the Mech Eng Baja team, the CAPE satellite, etc. Action shots...
    I agree. Are we going for quantity only? Or are we after some quality? But in reality, a smart student destined for engineering, isn't going to be reached in any of these commercials. I think these commercials are wide nets thrown to get the "I can't wait to go to college and have fun" student to sign on with UL. They aren't done to make an alumni stoked over the great accomplishments of his/her alma mater.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast