Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 141 to 152 of 152

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

  1. #141
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    _ igeaux.mobi


    Ahhh...there's no argument being made by me as I said it's just an observation of statistical fact and historical trend. Like I said earlier some of you are over sensitive which is a sign of not really believing whole heartedly what you're saying.

    Having said that I have no interest in making a prediction of what the attendance will be because it doesn't affect me one way or the other. I hope for the best for all our state schools and if you have a record breaking attendance record this year...GREAT! If not....to bad
    _
    Ok, thats fine. I'm not being over-sensitive on this though. I'm just correcting a really negative and ignorant prediction on your part. I will put money that we average over 20k again this year. I will also guarantee we average more than last year. Also, I dont see how some being "over sensitive" to a visiting guest telling us about our team and our attendance is any sign of not believing in what we are saying. Looking at this objectively, at the worst some, may be over-sensitive and are over-predicting attendance, but there is no one at all agreeing with you. Not even the most negative or the most level-headed fans would agree with what you are saying and for the most part its the level headed ones that have good estimates for attendance/support/etc.

    Now basically, you are trashing our fanbase repeatedly by saying that our attendance will dwindle. You should go enjoy another conversation if you are going to come in here with no clue and running your mouth. You keep banging your point and you have nothing but a few numbers that you dont understand. Attendance is not as simple as a trend. I will grant that if this team tanks the 5 or 6 games, then the last 2 will definitely not have great attendance, but your argument never really seemed to harp on our football team, only our fans.

    By all means, participate in our forum, but don't make ignorant claims. I appreciate good conversation and argument, but not when it's one sided.

  2. #142
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Now all that said, if it rains every week, well avg around 15000 due to our literal "fair-weather fans."

    igeaux.mobi


  3. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.....well maybe for some

    Noooo you're not over sensistive at all


    Lasted I check it was a free country
    igeaux.mobi


  4. #144
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,060

    Default

    Alright, no one said you couldn't have an opinion, you just don't have much credibility or much of an argument. I don't understand why it's come to this because you seemed like one of the cooler, more reasonable SU fans. We're now over a week from playing you guys, I think we've beat this topic to death. Enjoy the rest of the season. Thanks for implying that I'm stupid. Good evening to you and God bless.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.....well maybe for some

    Noooo you're not over sensistive at all


    Lasted I check it was a free country
    igeaux.mobi
    igeaux.mobi

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Wow!....Way to show you're not overly sensistive





    igeaux.mobi[/QUOTE]

    igeaux.mobi


  6. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Thanks for implying that I'm stupid. Good evening to you and God bless.




    igeaux.mobi
    igeaux.mobi

    Wow!....Way to show you're not overly sensistive

  7. #147
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    _ igeaux.mobi

    Wow!....Way to show you're not overly sensistive _
    Sorry, should have put a goofy smiley. I was trying to throw a little jab in there. (Apparently they arent working for some reason. Anyway, I was kidding. Take it easy. For real.)

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Sorry, should have put a goofy smiley. I was trying to throw a little jab in there. (Apparently they arent working for some reason. Anyway, I was kidding. Take it easy. For real.)
    igeaux.mobi

    Now that sounds like the Louisiana Cajuns I'm accustom to

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    650

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    _ Good work man but a question. I noticed on two occasions the band playing while play was actually underway. I think that can get you a penalty. We didn't so I guess I might be wrong but I think it is an SEC conference rule that a band cannot play once play is resumed.

    We had the ball and I think we were driving for the second TD? _
    Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

    We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!"

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,544

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

    We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _
    Does NT bring a marching band? I know that is a mega top notch music dept.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,348

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

    We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _

    Ooh, Bandfight!!!

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Palestine, TX
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Ooh, Bandfight!!! _
    Leave the band fighting to southern and prarie view A&M

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    650

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Does NT bring a marching band? I know that is a mega top notch music dept. _
    They do have a great music. dept. I don't think they'll bring their band. I don't remember them ever coming down, it's kinda far to travel.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

    We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _
    Don't get me wrong. I think it is a stupid rule that prohibits a band from playing while the enemy is on offense. I mean some universities put 100k in the stands. It's called home field advantage. So why should it matter if UL wants to play a little loud music/band to make up for the 85,000 missing fans

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    650

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    _ Don't get me wrong. I think it is a stupid rule that prohibits a band from playing while the enemy is on offense. I mean some universities put 100k in the stands. It's called home field advantage. So why should it matter if UL wants to play a little loud music/band to make up for the 85,000 missing fans _

    Haha, I agree!!

    The rules were more lax in high school. I remember us playing "Iron Man", many times at the d-line's request, to get them pumped up!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •